ECT The Bible Reveals Jesus is GOD

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The reason why there is so much confusion regarding trinity doctrine is because people do not realize the two ways that God has relates to man.

In the old testament, and particularly under the old covenant, God related to man according to man's physical being. The law was meant to contrast the nature of man with the nature of God. Those who still think in this way in how they try to relate to God, still see the contrast between God and man. And so when they look at the man "Jesus", the contrast between God and man tells them that the man Jesus is precisely just that - a man.

However, the new covenant is all about the removal of the contrast, where God and man become one. One in Spirit. Those who can't grasp this, can't grasp the trinity.

Under the new covenant we inherit the nature of God. We have his righteousness, his immortality, his love, and we inherit his kingdom.
However, all of this is what we're told in scripture, it's not evident in the natural. We have to by faith see ourselves from God's eternal perspective, and there we also see Jesus' eternal nature. Not as someone adopted, but who is the eternal Son by merit.

The Trinity doctrine teaches the conscious pre-existence of Jesus before He was born.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Son has always existed.

Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luk 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

SaulToPaul 2

Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luk 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Who is the King of Israel, the Saviour of Israel, and the Holy One of Israel? (The LORD in OT, The Lord Jesus).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How long what?

In post 55 you said, "...if you don't hold fast to Paul's gospel that he died for our sin, then you will perish."

My question is for how long will they perish if they don't hold fast to Paul's gospel?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know it was a rabbit trail, but God does not want LA to perish. And LA rejects the work at the cross.

No LA does not.

You add to Gods word by you saying all of your future sins are forgiven 2000 years ago, and you need no forgiveness now.

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Who is the King of Israel, the Saviour of Israel, and the Holy One of Israel? (The LORD in OT, The Lord Jesus).

If Jesus was the Holy one of OT Israel then as He was a husband to Israel and divorced them then according to Gods law He could not remarry them. It would be an abomination, God said.

Jesus was raised up by God to be a husband to a new creation people, the Bride of Christ drawn from peoples of all nations--

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

See my new thread on who the Bride of Christ really is.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sure. But that is not the same as wondering whether Jesus is God or not. If Totten Linnet had wanted everyone to know she was a woman, she can make it very clear to us. (Actually she has made it clear, but I of course only used her as an illustration.) But, like most internet posters, our sex doesn't have much of an effect on our interactions. In the same way, if God had felt it important to specify whether Jesus was or was not God, then I feel sure he both would and could have done so. If you trust a person, you take them for both who they are and who they will be, including all their past and future actions. So by taking Jesus for who he is - by trusting in him - you automatically accept what he did for us on the cross. Even if you have never heard of what he did. (Which was true for me.)

Ruth's dedication to Naomi is a type of this (and a beautiful one) 'Wherever you go, I will go and there I'll be buried, your people are mine, your God is my God.' This is how we take Jesus. Ruth honoured Naomi, presumably because she was a kind and loyal person and mother-in-law to Ruth and what she had seen of her was enough to convince Ruth to dedicate her life to her.

I am not arguing that we should all go off and believe anything we like. Only that what is important is our living relationship with Jesus.

It is essential because Jesus Christ did not come to teach us how to be saved or to be an example to us as to lifestyle only.

He came to GIVE US His LIFE, now the life He gives is not merely human life but divine life.

It is when we receive His divine life that we KNOW beyond all argument or debate that yes He is God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ahhhh, so thou art a Unitarian.

What I cannot figure out is ...
Do you refuse to give up your denomination?
(All denominations are tainted by certain pet doctrines of man.)
Or ...
Are you actually blind to what Scripture says about who Jesus was/is?
OR ...
Both of the above?

None of the above.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God will be born on the earth as a Son

God can not be born or die.

Gods son was and did.

Father God and Jesus Christ both have the same names/titles

Jesus bears His Fathers name.

Jesus claimed to be God

(Don't forget that humility was one His strong suits. Thanks.)
Matthew 4:7

Jesus said He ought not temp His God.

Jesus claimed to be “I AM”

The wording in Exodus was not "I AM.

And Jesus also hints that He is the great “I AM”:

Jesus was planned in the mind and heart of God before the foundation of the world including His death.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Jesus was the exact image of Father God

Jesus was raised up by His Father to become that.

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus claimed equality with Father God

Jesus said His Father was greater than Himself.

The equality is in that the Father had put all of the Fathers business into His sons hands.

Others claimed Jesus was God, or equal to Father God

Others claimed all sorts of things.

Jesus was the Creator of all things

No.

The Father of Jesus was and is still the creator.

Jesus is the Sustainer of all things now

Jesus was not the sustainer of all things before His resurrection.

Jesus had total power and authority over everything and everybody

Jesus was given authority.

Jesus is the Giver of eternal life

Eternal life is given from the Father through His son.

Many people called Jesus “the Son of God”

Jesus indeed is still the son of God, but it began with His birth from the human race.

The Jews taught that “Son of God” and “Messiah” signified equality with God:

Therefore, the Jews taught Messiah = Christ = Son of God

So?

Your problem is not just that you have it all wrong but that you rely on polluted food for truth.

You need to do your own seeking of the truth directly from the Lord. I am confident that you will do that.

the false teachers--

Eze 34:18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
Eze 34:19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.

LA
Zachary has it right, you have it wrong

Cross Reference

God will be born on the earth as a Son
Old Testament … Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6
New Testament … Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35, John 1:14, 1 Timothy 3:16

Father God and Jesus Christ both have the same names/titles
Lord ------------ Genesis 17:1 - Luke 2:11, etc.
Lord of hosts --- Malachi 2:14 - see Zechariah 14:16
Lord of glory --- Psalm 24:10 -- 1 Corinthians 2:8
Savior ---------- Isaiah 60:16 - Titus 2:13, etc.
Redeemer -------- Isaiah 49:26 - Galatians 3:13
I AM ------------ Exodus 3:14 -- John 8:24, etc.
Rock ------------ Isaiah 44:8 -- 1 Corinthians 10:4
King ------------ Psalm 74:12 -- Revelation 19:16
First and Last -- Isaiah 44:6 -- Rev.2:8, Rev.22:13
Alpha and Omega - See Rev.21:6 - Rev.22:13
Beginning and End See Rev.21:6 - Rev.22:13
compare --------- Isaiah 45:23 - Philippians 2:10-11

Jesus claimed to be God
(Don't forget that humility was one His strong suits. Thanks.)
Matthew 4:7

Jesus claimed to be “I AM”
(which is God’s name “forever”: see Exodus 3:14-15)
John 4:26, John 8:24, John 8:28, John 8:58, John 13:19, John 18:6, John 18:8
In the original Greek, there is no “he” after “I AM” in any of the verses above.

And Jesus also hints that He is the great “I AM”:
John 6:35, John 6:51, John 8:12, John 10:7, John 10:11, John 11:25, John 14:6, John 15:1

Jesus was the exact image of Father God
2 Corinthians 4:4, Hebrews 1:3, Philippians 2:6, Colossians 1:15,
Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9, John 14:9, 1 Timothy 3:16

Jesus claimed equality with Father God
John 5:18, John 5:23, John 10:30, John 10:33, John 10:36,
John 10:38, John 14:9, John 17:22, John 20:28-29<-----

Others claimed Jesus was God, or equal to Father God
John 1:1-2 (see Rev.19:13), John 14:11, John 20:28, Acts 7:59, Romans 9:5,
Philippians 2:10-11, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 1:8-13, 1 John 5:20, Jude 4

Jesus was the Creator of all things
John 1:3, John 1:10, Acts 3:15, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 3:9,
Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2, Hebrews 1:8-11

Jesus is the Sustainer of all things now
Colossians 1:17, Hebrews 1:3

Jesus had total power and authority over everything and everybody
Matthew 4:24, Matthew 8:16, Matthew 8:26, Luke 4:40-41, etc.

Jesus is the Giver of eternal life
John 4:14, John 5:21, John 6:27, John 10:27-28, John 11:25,
John 14:6, John 17:2, Hebrews 5:9, 1 John 1:1-2, 1 John 5:20

Many people called Jesus “the Son of God”
The Jews taught that “Son of God” and “Messiah” signified equality with God:
John 1:41, John 4:25, Matthew 26:63. Also see Matthew 16:16 and John 20:31.
Therefore, the Jews taught Messiah = Christ = Son of God
Also see Matthew 27:43, Luke 22:70, Matthew 14:33,
Mark 1:1, Luke 4:41, John 1:34, Acts 8:37, Hebrews 4:14

Question: Who did Moses here:

"And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen."
Exodus 33:22-23 (KJV)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, I ask with respect ...
Have you looked at some of the references given in the OP?
If so, why is it that you do not believe the verses?

Well,

although the Father has melded with His Son in a way which no science can explain, the Father remains the creator God, and the Son remains a man howbeit a divine one, the first (both ways) of many.

If you are trying to say Jesus is divine then that is fine with me, but the Trinity doctrine claims Jesus is the creator which He is not.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well,

although the Father has melded with His Son in a way which no science can explain, the Father remains the creator God, and the Son remains a man howbeit a divine one, the first (both ways) of many.

If you are trying to say Jesus is divine then that is fine with me, but the Trinity doctrine claims Jesus is the creator which He is not.

LA
John 1:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:15-18 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father created all things.

Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.