The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

SimpleMan77

Give it up B57. If you really want to prove that everyone is going to heaven take the 95% of the Bible that clearly says that everyone isn't going to be saved, and either interpret these scriptures by those, or disprove the 95% one-by-one.

Yes, Jesus died for all, to justify and sanctify all, but all are not going to accept it. And that is 100% Bible.

Jesus said we have to strive to enter, because only a few are going to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beloved57

The accomplishments of Christ death !2

He gives them Sanctification ! Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The writer here says that the believers were sanctified through, by means of, on account of, the offering body of Christ, which simply means His death. Permanent Sanctification is effected for every sinner Christ died for. That means they are born already having been set apart for the Holy Service of God, even though they are as others , born sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3, they still have been sanctified by the death of Christ. Its like Jeremiah, He was sanctified by the purpose of God to be a prophet, before He was born Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

However that didnt prevent him from being born like all sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul said he was like that when born a sinner, does he not apply Eph 2:3 to himself, for he uses the pronoun WE ? Yet instill he knows that he was set apart from his mothers womb Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

The word separated here means:

1. to appoint, set apart for some purpose

And so it is with every sinner Christ died for, His death sanctified them to the holy purpose of God, regardless of what they are by nature !

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The atonement doctrine came from the Pagans. Its an after thought, a theory that Jesus never taught. ( Laying down his life didn't mean sacrifice for sins, returning from the dead demonstrated life after death).

Real Salvation is by the faith based realization that we are sons of God, that he is our Father. If separated from God we need a change of heart, we repent, accept responsibility for wrongs, accept forgiveness, return to right relations with God and in turn forgive others. We then take up the full measure of responsibility of sonship in the Fathers Kingdom going forward in living a God centered life instead of a self centered life.

The atonement doctrine is self centered.

beloved57

The atonement doctrine came from the Pagans. Its an after thought, a theory that Jesus never taught. ( Laying down his life didn't mean sacrifice for sins, returning from the dead demonstrated life after death).

Real Salvation is by the faith based realization that we are sons of God, that he is our Father. If separated from God we need a change of heart, we repent, accept responsibility for wrongs, accept forgiveness, return to right relations with God and in turn forgive others. We then take up the full measure of responsibility of sonship in the Fathers Kingdom going forward in living a God centered life instead of a self centered life.

The atonement doctrine is self centered.

This is all conjecture, straight from the spiritually unenlightened mind !

beloved57

The accomplishments of Christ death !3

It gives the both Faith and Repentance, Jesus as a Saviour gives Repentance Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Israel here is His Chosen People from amongst all peoples and ethnicities. Thats why its stated that He has granted repentance to the gentiles Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Then also it provides or gives Faith by Christ being a Saviour 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

These things are accomplishments through the Work of Christ for all whom He died ! Else He wasnt their Saviour !

Nanja

The accomplishments of Christ death !2

He gives them Sanctification ! Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The writer here says that the believers were sanctified through, by means of, on account of, the offering body of Christ, which simply means His death. Permanent Sanctification is effected for every sinner Christ died for. That means they are born already having been set apart for the Holy Service of God, even though they are as others , born sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3, they still have been sanctified by the death of Christ. Its like Jeremiah, He was sanctified by the purpose of God to be a prophet, before He was born Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

However that didnt prevent him from being born like all sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul said he was like that when born a sinner, does he not apply Eph 2:3 to himself, for he uses the pronoun WE ? Yet instill he knows that he was set apart from his mothers womb Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

The word separated here means:

1. to appoint, set apart for some purpose

And so it is with every sinner Christ died for, His death sanctified them to the holy purpose of God, regardless of what they are by nature !

Amen to this edifying 2-part study! ☺

Just as it was said of Jeremiah and Paul being separated unto God's Purpose, it applies equally to all the rest of God's Vessels of Mercy whom He had afore prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23, whom Christ was delivered up for: All whom God has Saved and Called according to His Purpose and Grace, given US In Christ, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9!

~~~

beloved57

Amen to this edifying 2-part study! ☺

Just as it was said of Jeremiah and Paul being separated unto God's Purpose, it applies equally to all the rest of God's Vessels of Mercy whom He had afore prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23, whom Christ was delivered up for: All whom God has Saved and Called according to His Purpose and Grace, given US In Christ, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9!

~~~

Exactly !

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Atonment is conjecture from an uninlightened mind. It's just more technical legalism, it places salvation on a plain of unreality. The salvation of the original, pre cross gospel was salvation by faith, repentance, a change of heart. Atonment is a short cut, just belive he died as a substitute.

Last edited:

beloved57

4 Things every sinner Christ died for are delivered from !

Inspite of the adversaries of truth, who would deprive Christ of His Glory for what He accomplished for chosen sinners, solely by His death alone, we have at least 4 things all sinners He died for are delivered from forever !

#1. All sinners Christ died for are delivered from the guilt and penalty of sin before God by His death alone ! Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This scripture proves that those Christ died for have had their sins purged . Now the word purged in the greek is
katharismos and means:

cleansing, purifying, purification, literal, ceremonial, or moral; met: expiation.

purification, which results from God removing undesirable admixtures (eliminating impurities)

a cleansing from the guilt of sins by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

This is a deliverance from the guilt of their sins ! This automatically means they can never die in their sins as those in Jn 8:24 ! To die in their sins means they are guilty of them before Gods Law and Justice, which cannot be the case for them Christ died for and provided before Gods Law and Justice, purification of their sins !

And consequently, wheres theres no guilt for sin, there can be no penalty for the same !

Now those Christ died for, He shed His blood for Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The shedding of His Blood provided before Gods law and Justice, the remission of sins for the many. The word remission, the greek word
aphesis means:

deliverance, pardon, complete forgiveness ,a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

859 áphesis (from 863 /aphíēmi, "send away, forgive" ) – properly, "something sent away"; i.e. remission ("forgiveness"), releasing someone from obligation or debt.

remission of their penalty:

Which penalty is death Rom 6:23 ! So for instance, those we read about here Rev 21:8

ut the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
None of these sinners can be sinners Christ died for because He had delivered them through His Blood from the penalty of sin, which is death ! This also proves limited atonement, for if Christ had died for any of these that shall have part of the second death, it makes His Blood a Lie, His death a lie !

beloved57

#2 Those Christ died for were solely by His death delivered from the curse and damnation and damnation of the Law Gal 3:13

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree:

They were delivered from the curse of the law, simply by Christ being made a curse for them, again referring to His death alone !

beloved57

#3. The third thing the death of Christ alone delivered them He died for from, the Wrath of God !

1 Thess 1:10

[FONT=&quot]And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which [/FONT]delivered us from the wrath to come.

His being raised from the dead, after having dying for our sins, signaled our being delivered from the wrath to come. Thats the day of wrath which is meant here Rev 6:16-17

[FONT=&quot]nd said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Those of us He died for shall be saved from wrath Rom 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.[/FONT]

beloved57

#4.The fourth thing the death of Christ alone delivered those He died for from is death, and that means death in all of its meanings found in the scripture. However one aspect of death God has permitted for a while according to His purpose, and that is physical death, but yet for the saints, them Christ died for, even it has been become a blessing, for unto them, as Paul once wrote, absent from the body, via physical death is to be present with the Lord 2 Cor 5:6,8

Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord

we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord

Paul calls it gain Phil 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

However theres a time coming , maybe sooner than later now, when even physical death shall come to nought, and some for whom Christ died shall not experience it, it is that Mystery Paul writes of here 1 Cor 15:51

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Let me tell you a secret. Not all of us will die, but all of us will be changed— ISV

However Christ for them He died did abolish death 2 Tim 1:10

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Understand something, Jesus is not your Saviour if He did not for you abolish death ! He appeared once for them He saved to put away sin for them Heb 9:26

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And consequently, by putting away sin, He put away the consequences of sin, death, for death is but the wages of sin Rom 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. And this by His death alone, He delivered us He died for from death !

Nanja

#1. All sinners Christ died for are delivered from the guilt and penalty of sin before God by His death alone ! Heb 1:3

Which penalty is death Rom 6:23 ! So for instance, those we read about here Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

None of these sinners can be sinners Christ died for because He had delivered them through His Blood from the penalty of sin, which is death ! This also proves limited atonement, for if Christ had died for any of these that shall have part of the second death, it makes His Blood a Lie, His death a lie !

So True, the sinners Christ shed His Blood for is Limited to those who were reconciled to God while they were enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10, that's why they can never go into the second death with those who remain under God's Wrath Rev. 21:8, because for them His wrath has been appeased: Christ's Blood delivered them from the wrath to come 1 Thess. 1:10!

~~~

Nanja

#2 Those Christ died for were solely by His death delivered from the curse and damnation and damnation of the Law Gal 3:13

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree:

They were delivered from the curse of the law, simply by Christ being made a curse for them, again referring to His death alone !

Amen, because Christ was made a curse for all of His Seed Chosen in Union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5, they shall be manifested, in time, as the Adopted Sons of the Living God!

Gal. 4:3-7
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

~~~

beloved57

Sanctified by the Will of God
Many today in mans religion are wilfully unaware of this Gospel fact, that those sinners Christ died for, are by His Death, and by the Will of God, Sanctified once for all.

Heb 10:5-10

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word
hagiazó and means:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

The word is also in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

This is the case for every sinner Christ died for. And this is not the case for all sinners without exception.

Nanja

Sanctified by the Will of God
Many today in mans religion are wilfully unaware of this Gospel fact, that those sinners Christ died for, are by His Death, and by the Will of God, Sanctified once for all.

Heb 10:5-10

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word
hagiazó and means:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

The word is also in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

This is the case for every sinner Christ died for. And this is not the case for all sinners without exception.

Those Christ died for were Sanctified In Him, their Surety Heb. 7:22, set apart in the Purpose of God before being born as sinners, just as the Prophet Jeremiah was Jer. 1:5, and shall be born again in time. However, those Christ did not die for will remain under God's Wrath permanently Rev. 21:8.

beloved57

Those Christ died for were Sanctified In Him, their Surety Heb. 7:22, set apart in the Purpose of God before being born as sinners, just as the Prophet Jeremiah was Jer. 1:5, and shall be born again in time. However, those Christ did not die for will remain under God's Wrath permanently Rev. 21:8.

Yes, and the word sanctified also means this:

to purify internally by reformation of soul: John 17:17, 19 (through knowledge of the truth, cf. John 8:32

Which is speaking of the New Birth. It's what is promised here Ezk 36:26-27

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So Christ death ensures this for all whom He died !Its part of His Sanctifying death.

Nanja

Yes, and the word sanctified also means this:

to purify internally by reformation of soul: John 17:17, 19 (through knowledge of the truth, cf. John 8:32

Which is speaking of the New Birth. It's what is promised here Ezk 36:26-27

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So Christ death ensures this for all whom He died !Its part of His Sanctifying death.

Yes, and being Sanctified before being born, they were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

beloved57

Yes, and being Sanctified before being born, they were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

Yes, the Elect were sanctified by God the Father before the foundation, and He preserved them in Christ that early Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Now the word for sanctified here is the greek word agapáō:
properly, to prefer, to love,always defined by God – a "discriminating affection which involves choice and selection"

That word is the same word beloved in 2 Thessalonians 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

So the beloved of the Lord are the same ones sanctified by their Election in Jude 1:1

So the mere fact that God loves an individual means they are sanctified by God the Father before the foundation.

Nanja

Yes, the Elect were sanctified by God the Father before the foundation, and He preserved them in Christ that early Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Now the word for sanctified here is the greek word agapáō:
properly, to prefer, to love,always defined by God – a "discriminating affection which involves choice and selection"

That word is the same word beloved in 2 Thessalonians 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

So the beloved of the Lord are the same ones sanctified by their Election in Jude 1:1

So the mere fact that God loves an individual means they are sanctified by God the Father before the foundation.

God loves the World of His Sanctified Ones!