The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Life out of Death !

1 Cor 15:36

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Many today in false religion, and in their opposition to the True Religion from above, and in their attack against the saving death of Christ, they do say, that its not the death of Christ that saves anyone, but that its His Life, and then ignorantly point to Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

To give support to their deceit; however nowere in this text does it state " The death of Christ saves no one " that is fabricated but yes it does state clearly, that "we shall be saved by His Life " Yet it never states or implie that the death of Christ does not save anyone, but it does say some where reconciled to God, while being enemies, by the Death of Christ, and such a statement as "that the death of Christ does not save anyone" is a most horrible blasphemy, and can only proceed from a corrupt and depraved heart !

Now the blessed fact of the matter is, that Christ's death, blood does save them He died for Rev 5:9 To be redeemed unto God by His Blood is a testimony to that, and Christ's Resurrection from the dead is another evidence to that fact. His Resurrection from the dead is living proof that the giving of His Life for a ransom Matt 20:28, destroys death and gives life , which resurrection is a proof of. Its as of the same result as put forth here in our text 1 Cor 15:36; because without His Death, there is no quickening from the dead, no reproduction. If Christ's Death did not save us out of death, in that it abolished death, then there would not have been any resurrection, for His Death destroyed the power of the devil, not His Resurrection, that was evidence or testification of what His Death done or accomplished.

There would have not been any quickening from the dead as Per Eph 2:5, hence we were saved by His Grace, the Grace of Him Tasting Death !

Last edited:

beloved57

To bear fruit unto God , as Repentance/Faith

One of the purposes of Christ's Death, which He does accomplish, it is so that those He died for will bear fruit unto God . Rom 7:1-4

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that[in order that] ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The Death of Christ, for all whom He died, has caused them to be dead or separated/loosed from the Law, they have no legal obligation to law for life, cannot be condemned by the law, are redeemed from its curse Gal 3:13, it has no dominion/power over them, but its for a purpose, not merely to be in limbo or unproductive, but in order that they can be married or joined to Christ, by New Birth and bring fruit unto God !

Now one of those fruits unto God is Repentance, Paul preached it here Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

That Repentance is a Fruit unto God is seen here in the words of the Baptist Matt 3:7-8

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet or befitting,corresponding for repentance:

John knew that not all had been made meet for repentance, and He knew some have Matt 3:1-2

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

He knew that God had specially prepared or made meet to bring forth repentance.

And this was one of the designs and accomplishments of the Death of Christ, for if it did not effect this, it would have failed the Divine Purpose. That's why it says after He being Exalted, it was for this Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

And Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

That's how Christ's Death, Him being lifted up, bears fruit Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Repentance unto God Acts 20:21 is part of that Fruit that Christ's dying as a Corn of Wheat brings forth !

That's why He commanded His Messengers to Preach Repentance in His Name Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

It was to bring into manifestation His Fruit bearing Death. Everytime a sinner repents, its Joy in Heaven Lk 15:7,10

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

That's Christ's Joy, witnessing the fruit of His Death Heb 12:1-2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Remember the prophecy Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

That word satisfied means fulfilled ,delighted , joyous !

Is this the Christ you know and Serve ? The Christ I serve and the one Scripture witnesses to, He bears fruit unto God because of His Death. His Death severed those He died for from the Law, that they should be joined to Him, then bring fruit unto God. Notice also the fruit is after being joined or married to Him by the New birth by the Spirit , For Faith and repentance are Christ's bearing fruit unto God and we know Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22!

Last edited:

Nanja

beloved57
Is this the Christ you know and Serve ? The Christ I serve and the one Scripture witnesses to, He bears fruit unto God because of His Death. His Death severed those He died for from the Law, that they should be joined to, then bring fruit unto God. Notice also the fruit is after being joined or married to Him by the New birth by the Spirit , For Faith and repentance are Christ's bearing fruit unto God and we know Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22!

Yes! No longer married to the law. Married to Christ.
He fulfilled the law perfectly for all those who have been made one in Him;
His death has legally declared them to be righteous!
(Rom 5:19, 7:4; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Cor. 12:12; Eph. 5:23)

~~~~~

beloved57

Life out of Death ! 2

There would have not been any quickening from the dead as Per Eph 2:5, hence we were saved by His Grace, the Grace of Him Tasting Death Heb 2:9 !

But there is more for confirmation that there is Life or Saving out of His Death as the principle is set forth 1 Cor 15:36

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

This sets for a biblical principle of quickening out of death, or Life out of death, and Christ's Death gives Life ! Here is even more biblical proof set forth Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Christ's Death here produces Life, or fruit, to His Spiritual Seed, it came through death, for He is speaking of himself as being that corn of wheat which falls to the ground and die, and IF IT DIE, it bringeth forth fruit, no if's and maybe's, and its not dependent on man's freewill decision which is blasphemy ! Through His death, he does become a Life Giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

To everyone that Father gave Him, He is responsible for raising them up Jn 6:39

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

All of which comes through His Death Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Notice, that His death was the destruction of the devils power of death, and some have the audacity to say that His Death in and of itself does not save anyone.

The very truth of His Death destroying the power of death, is Life , to all for whom He died. Its their redemption from his power. Hosea 13:14

I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

And Christ's Death dealt effectively with all the deaths that sin caused, Spiritual, Physical, and Eternal Death ! And as a Result, Life is given out of all those different deaths !

Last edited:

beloved57

Life out of Death ! 3

Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Now here in this passage, it is crystal clear that experiemental Salvation/Conversion to God, which is what Paul called "we shall be saved by His Life" in Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. but here in our text it is attributed to being through His Death saying "21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death
,"

You see that ? He is stating that the reason why you are no more enemies in your minds by wicked works, it is being attributed to the success of Christ's DEATH.

The word reconciled here is slightly different than in Rom 5:10, here it is the word apokatallassō:

I.to reconcile completely

II.to reconcile back again

III.bring back a former state of harmony

See in Rom 5:10 the emphasis of reconciliation was legal and it mainly focused on how God was reconciled to the ungodly sinner, while the sinner is still an enemy within himself against God, but in Col 1:22 the focus is on the sinner now having his enmity against God removed and he is now in himself reconciled to God, inother words he has been saved from his enmity against God, and this also is by His Death ! So the person is now completely reconciled to God by Christ's death. 1 Peter teaches the same thing here 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Notice, not bring God to us, but us to God !

1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

That word returned gives the same meaning as the word reconciled in Col 1:21, but its the word epistrephō:

B.to cause to return, to bring back

And its being attributed to " having bare our sins in his own body" His Death ! This totally strikes against the horrible false teaching that one is not saved by Christ's Death.

Last edited:

beloved57

Redeems out of vain conversation or life style.

We can never testify enough about the blessings accomplished by the Death of Christ, by His Blood, apart from all human freewill, but solely upon His Own Meritorious and Efficacious Death and Blood.

1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Peter said to these, that " Ye Know" how they were redeemed from a vain conversation. The words Ye Know, the greek eidō, which is the same word see here Jn 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see G1492 the kingdom of God.

And remember Peter said to them right before in 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The Knowing comes from being Born Again !

And observe what they did know, that they had been redeemed out of a vain conversation or manner of life, passed down by their fathers of the flesh.

Here it could denote a vain, worthless and superstitious religious lifestyle, which is Idolatry Acts 17:22-23

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Yes, even the jews, Peter's kinsmen according to the flesh, were of this sort, ignorant of the True God and Worship of Him in Spirit and Truth, and clave to the superstitions and traditions of the jewish false teachers.

Remember what Paul said of himself before He was converted by the Power of Christ Gal 1:13-14

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Well that's what Peter means by 1 Pet 1:18, being redeemed from a a vain conversation, as Paul meaneth here ! BTW, Paul is an prime Example of the Power of the Blood of Christ effectively redeeming one out of a vain conversation and turning them into a Believer.

Also, it [Christ's Blood] redeems us from this vain conversation Eph 2:1-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Its by the Blood of Christ we are redeemed out of that conversation whereby we walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, the desires of the flesh and of the mind.

Notice how Paul identified himself with that activity saying "we all had our conversation in times past "

What Paul meant by that was his former manner of life here Gal 1:13-14

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Yes, all that was no more than walking in the flesh as stated here:

"walking according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;"

Yes, that's what false religion is ! People think those words only mean, fornication and drunkenness and so forth, but they mean all religion in the flesh as well !

And Praise be to God, the Blood of Christ alone, apart from mans freewill decisions as it is falsely taught. All Glory goes to the Sovereign Working of the Cross, the Blood of Christ. If I'm a True Believer today, its because of the Redeeming Power of the Blood of Christ, redeeming me out of false religion handed down by the traditions of my fathers in the flesh !

Last edited:

Samie

What if Christ blots your name from the book of life, b57?

All the Elect where written in the book of life. But only overcomers will not be blotted out (Rev 3:5).

In Christ,
Samie

beloved57

What if Christ blots your name from the book of life, b57?

All the Elect where written in the book of life. But only overcomers will not be blotted out (Rev 3:5).

In Christ,
Samie

How about addressing post 386 and the points made there ?

Samie

Looks like addressing the issue I raised will address your post 386 likewise. Again,

In Christ,
Samie

beloved57

Looks like addressing the issue I raised will address your post 386 likewise. Again,

In Christ,
Samie

beloved57

When He hath by Himself purged our sins sat down !

Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now scripture says here plainly, of those He died for only "when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:"

What does it mean purge our sins ?

David used the word Ps 51:7

Ps 65:3

Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

Ps 79:9

Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

The word here means :

I.to cover, purge, make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch

i.
to cover over, pacify, propitiate

ii.
to cover over, atone for sin, make atonement for

iii.
to cover over, atone for sin and persons by legal rites

C.
(Pual)
i.
to be covered over

ii.
to make atonement for

D.
(Hithpael) to be covered

Notice also that the writer here links this Purging with the Salvation of God and the Glory of His Name Sake/ Christ !

Now in the text of Heb 1:3 its the word katharismos and means:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

Guilt of sins means:

the fact or state of having committed an offense, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law;

conduct involving the commission of such crimes, wrongs, etc.: to live a life of guilt.

The purging here denotes therefore no condemnation for their sins and crimes against God's Holy Law, Forgiveness as here Ps 32:1

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven , whose sin is covered or purged .

It denotes Justification from the penalty of sin, the penalty is taken away, there is no condemning guilt before God's Law that can be charged against them, for He hath purged their sins.

Christ's finished work of purging went far beyond the typical sacrifces of the People, it did what they could not do Heb 10:4

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Christ's Purging sacrifice took the peoples sins away permanently ! That's why it follows that after doing so, He sat down ! The typical priests could never set down, for their works of sacrifice for the people did not never end , evidencing the insuffiency of that economy in the things pertaining to the Glory of God and His People.

Christ's purging of the People did effect the soul of the people Heb 9:13-14

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

This is the same word purge as in Heb 1:3 !!

You see the positive effects that the Purging of Heb 1:3 has upon the objects for whom He shed His Blood for ? It purges their conscience from dead works, to serve the Living God.

Now if everyone Christ died for and purged their sins as per Heb 1:3 does not experience a conversion of life to serving the True and Living God, its an defect and failure on the Christ's Blood behalf and God's Glory has been jeopardized !

Last edited: