The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

It effects the New Birth or being Born Again !

Jesus said to Nicodemus Jn 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

And this is True of everyone that Christ was made sin for 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This because, Christ's Death [being made a sin offering] that makes all for whom He died Righteous before God, it demands that they be made Righteous experientially with a communicated principle of Holiness in them, of which without, no man shall see the Lord Heb 12:14

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

This Holiness is the imparted or communicated Righteousness of Christ received at New Birth !

Now that Christ's Death for those He died for does effect for them the New Birth, or their Conversion is taught in many scriptures, and particularly here 2 Cor 5:21,19

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The fact that He was made sin for them, that is a sin offering, by God charging all their sins, trespasses upon Him, for remember God did not impute their trespasses or sins upon them Vs 19 and the stated outcome of this was for them [whose sins were imputed or charged to Christ] might be made the Righteousness of God in Him !

Now the word made is interesting, it is the greek word ginomai and its the aorist subjunctive [denoting purpose because of the conjunction hina] which means to come into existence, am born,it denotes a transitioning from one condition to another See [ Jn 5:24] a conversion, So this is speaking of the imparted Righteousness of Christ they receive in their New Birth, for it also makes them a New Man Created as in Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, thats the Righteousness spoken of to be made to them in 2 Cor 5:21

Thats why the verb ginomai is very relevant with its " come into existence or being meaning", which also the word created denotes !

Also God only makes them experientially Righteous with New Birth whom He made objectively Righteous by Imputation of Christ's Righteousness, which was from Christ's obedience or death Rom 5:19b, this compliments 2 Cor 5:21 !

So if anyone Christ died for does not become experientially Righteous, and receive of the Holiness by which without none shall see the Lord in peace, then His Death was a failure within the Purpose of God !

Last edited:

beloved57

He purged away our sins and sat down !

Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

See Ps 65:3; 79:9

All for whom Christ died, they have no sins for God to charge against them, yes even before they believe, because all their sins were laid to the charge of Christ, and He bore them on His Cross 1 Pet 2:24, and having done so, He purged them away from before God's Law and Justice Heb 1:3.

Now for this to have been the case, they through His Offering, have no sins recorded against them against God's Law charged against them Col 2:14

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

For sin is the transgression of the law, and the strength of sin [its right to be called sin] is the Law 1 Cor 15:56, so hence by the purging of our sins [if He died for us], we have been totally exonerated before God, as if we never sinned, and yes this is the case before we become believers, and is the reason we become believers ! Because the Just shall live by Faith ! And all for whom Christ died are declared Just , for there are sins charged against them before God's Law and Justice, they have been taken out the Way !

Last edited:

beloved57

Secured Peace with God !

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

This scripture by moving a comma will read:

Therefore being justified, by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

In other words the Peace we have with God by Christ's Death is revealed to Faith !

Jesus made Peace with God for those He died for, this Peace we have nothing to do with in having it, for it was secured for us by Christ's Death / Blood Col 1:20

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Peace with God was made for those Christ died for through His Blood, and this while we ourselves were being enemies Rom 5:10. This legal Peace of Col 1:20 is the same as the legal reconciliation of Rom 5:10, for Reconciliation was the result of peace being accomplished by the Cross.

This Peace and Reconciliation by the Blood of Christ is not contingent on any act or behavior of men, but is solely an accomplished and established fact, that should be preached as such, hence Paul calls it the Gospel or Good News of Peace Eph 6:15

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

For it rightly cannot be a Gospel of Peace, if its only a possibility of peace with God.

He Preached Peace unto you Eph 2:17

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Its not that peace is made available or has been offered you, those are words of false preachers and witnesses, however to all for whom Peace with God through Jesus Christ [His Blood] was accomplished for, God sees to it that Peace is preached unto them Rom 10:15

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Now this Peace / Reconciliation is one of the many accomplishments of the Cross Work of Jesus Christ for His Church, God's Elect World !

Last edited:

beloved57

Shall be made Alive !

1 Cor 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

All for whom Christ died, was buried and rose again the third day in behalf of Shall be made Alive, That is receive resurrection life as Per 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

They shall be made alive by the New Birth and or quickening 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Thats why Jesus spake thusly Jn 12:24,32

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit or Life !

Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

They come to Him because they have been given life.

Jesus said on another occasion this Jn 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Eating His flesh and drinking His Blood are activities of coming to Him, but if one doesn't come is evidence of no life in them, the flip said is if they do come its an evidence of Life in them ! That they have been made Alive by Christ !

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth[His Death], will draw[by giving life] all men unto me.

Last edited:

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Scripture has it; "Blessed is He whose way is blameless who walks in the law of the Lord."

"Walk in my presence and be blameless."says the Lord.

"The words of the upright save them, but the speech of the wicked are a deadly ambush."

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way."

"Blessed are the meek, they shall inherit the land."

"The meek shall inherit the land , they will have abundant peace."

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."

I know the Lord and I keep His word. I know Him because I come from Him. He sent me.

beloved57

prince

Scripture has it; "Blessed is He whose way is blameless who walks in the law of the Lord."

It does say that Ps 119:1

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.

I agree with that, however you have evaded dialoug on my previous posts 200-204

If you are going to debate what I have stated then show us first of all that you understand the points I am making. This thread is about what Christ has accomplished by HIS WORK not how a man should do or does something !

False Prophet

Ro 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, whoever you are, when you judge another; for in passing judgment upon him you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things. Acceptance is the answer to all my problems. When I find fault with some person, place, or thing, it is because it does not please my self. If only everyone would act the way I wanted them to act, than my self world would be perfect in my eyes. If God created this world the way I would have created it, than this world would be heaven. But this is not a just and righteous world. May God remove my self centered egotistical outlook upon this world.

False Prophet

Ro 2 [2] We know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who do such things.
Living in spiritual bankruptcy allowed me to do others moral inventories. "It's them!" It was never me. It was always somebody else's fault. [3] Do you suppose, O man, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God?
I have to learn to let go of my selfcentered interests. "I want it, and I want it now." If somebody else had it, then I would try to get it from them by any means. "He does such things, and I can justify myself by pointing fingers; even though I am doing the same things." What does God think about my behaviour? God is a god of love, but God is also a god of wrath. God will render to everybody according to what they have done. This does not excuse me from the judgment of God, even though I may think that I am better than anybody else.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
prince

It does say that Ps 119:1

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.

I agree with that, however you have evaded dialoug on my previous posts 200-204

If you are going to debate what I have stated then show us first of all that you understand the points I am making. This thread is about what Christ has accomplished by HIS WORK not how a man should do or does something !

The only thing the anointed have ever done is to be an example of how to achieve eternal life and enter the kingdom of God. Jesus was not the only anointed but He did show us how to become anointed and born from above. Paul being a so called Jew thought like a Jew and did not understand because Judaism had already misguided him. In a way Christianity thinks like Judaism because they think there is only one man as the Messiah or anointed when in fact everyone must be anointed and born from above. The son of man is born from above and anointed with the spirit of God. The prophets of the Lord are son of man and anointed. We are One in the Lord.

Jesus and I are One. I am son of man. If you do not come to believe I am son of man and god you will surely die in your sin.

No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and whoever the sons wishes reveal Him.

The son can only do what he sees the Father doing whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.

Light dawns for the righteous and joy for the upright of heart.

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Lord who sent me.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
princely

You teach another jesus !

Yes, I teach as Jesus because I am son of man, like Jesus but me. I am the light of the world.

The Lord of hosts says;

"Let the man who has my words speak my words and speak the truth."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

"No one acts righteously, no one speaks truthfully, they refuse to recognize me says the Lord"

Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth

Father your word is truth.

Worship God alone. Him alone shall you serve.

The son of man will come at a time you least expect.

False Prophet

they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus, Ro 4
[25] whom God put forward as an expiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins;
[26] it was to prove at the present time that he himself is righteous and that he justifies him who has faith in Jesus.
Looking up expiation: 1: the act of making atonement
2: the means by which atonement is made
Redemption is bought with a price, which is the price of blood that we receive by faith. This shows God's righteousness and divine forebearance in passing over my sins without judgment since my sins are many. God is righteous and he justifies him who has faith in Jesus. Justify: c : to judge, regard, or treat as righteous and worthy of salvation.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus, Ro 4
[25] whom God put forward as an expiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins;
[26] it was to prove at the present time that he himself is righteous and that he justifies him who has faith in Jesus.
Looking up expiation: 1: the act of making atonement
2: the means by which atonement is made
Redemption is bought with a price, which is the price of blood that we receive by faith. This shows God's righteousness and divine forebearance in passing over my sins without judgment since my sins are many. God is righteous and he justifies him who has faith in Jesus. Justify: c : to judge, regard, or treat as righteous and worthy of salvation.

Everyone must atone for their own sin. Those who serve the Lord by doing what is right and just atone for their own sins. Those who refuse to serve the Lord are sinners.

Scripture and the Lord say; "Those who fear the Lord spoke with one another and the Lord listened intently and a book was opened and a record kept of those who revere the Lord and trust in His name. And I will have compassion on them as a man has compassion on his son who serves him. Then you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."

"By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned."

Anyone who hears my words and does not keep them I am not the one who condemns him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge, namely the words I've spoken that is what condemns him on the last day.

The man who wants to come to me will hear my words and put them to use.

If you continue in my teaching you are truly my disciple, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.

If you wish to be made perfect, follow me and declare the kingdom of God.

beloved57

Prevents them from perishing !

All those Christ died for, in the place of or in behalf of, and for their benefit, His Death kept them from perishing for their own sins ! This is clearly seen in what the High Priest uttered here by the inspiration of God Jn 11:50-51

Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

Its clearly indicated in Vs 50 that the outcome and purpose of the one man dying for that nation prevents the one's of that nation from perishing !

The word perish in Vs 50 is the greek word apollumi: to destroy, destroy utterly

Its the same word used in Jn 3:16

should not perish, but have

Also the word expedient in Vs 50 is the greek word sumphero: I collect, am profitable to

I bring together, collect; I am profitable to.

properly, combine in a way that brings a profit (gain), especially by a "concurrence of circumstances" that results in benefit or advancement (M. Vincent).

This means that Christ's Death would bring together, collect all into one the Children of God or the Sheep of God as is stated in Vs 52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

That was the benefit of His Death , the profit of His Death, it was conducive in preventing all the Children of God or Sheep of God from Perishing in their sins !

If this passage is understood spiritually it shows that Christ's Death in and of itself saves from perishing those He died in behalf of !

Last edited:

beloved57

That we may bear fruit unto God !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Another accomplishment of the Death of Christ in the Purpose of God, is that it will cause all for whom He died and was raised from the dead for, to bring forth fruit unto God. That fruit being both faith and repentance, repentance toward God and Faith in Jesus Christ Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Both of these are but fruits of Christ's Death and Resurrection 1 Pet 1:3 !

Remember when Jesus said this Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Well that is the fruit unto God Paul means here in Rom 7:4, which fruit consisteth of many men and women for whom Christ died, manifest both Faith and Repentance.

John the Baptist said to the Pharisee, questioning them about why they came to His Baptism of Repentance, but first they must bring forth fruit unto Repentance Matt 3:7-8

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducee's come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

This fruit would manifest itself in confession of sin Matt 3:6

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

However the Pharisees and Sadducee's that John directed his words to did not consider themselves sinners as other men much like the Pharisee here Lk 18:11-12

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

You see the Pharisee did not consider those things he did works of darkness or sinful deeds of the flesh, but in reality thats what they were Jn 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Their religious deeds were nothing but dead works that needed to be repented of Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? See also Isa 64:6.

Now this is how Christ Glorifies His Father, by those He died for bringing forth fruit Jn 15:8

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

And this is the end and accomplishment of the Death of Christ or the Body of Christ Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Last edited:

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Rom 7:4

Another accomplishment of the Death of Christ in the Purpose of God, is that it will cause all for whom He died and was raised from the dead for, to bring forth fruit unto God. That fruit being both faith and repentance, repentance toward God and Faith in Jesus Christ Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Both of these are but fruits of Christ's Death and Resurrection 1 Pet 1:3 !

Remember when Jesus said this Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Well that is the fruit unto God Paul means here in Rom 7:4, which fruit consisteth of many men and women for whom Christ died, manifest both Faith and Repentance.

John the Baptist said to the Pharisee, questioning them about why they came to His Baptism of Repentance, but first they must bring forth fruit unto Repentance Matt 3:7-8

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducee's come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

This fruit would manifest itself in confession of sin Matt 3:6

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

However the Pharisees and Sadducee's that John directed his words to did not consider themselves sinners as other men much like the Pharisee here Lk 18:11-12

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

You see the Pharisee did not consider those things he did works of darkness or sinful deeds of the flesh, but in reality thats what they were Jn 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Their religious deeds were nothing but dead works that needed to be repented of Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? See also Isa 64:6.

Now this is how Christ Glorifies His Father, by those He died for bringing forth fruit Jn 15:8

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

And this is the end and accomplishment of the Death of Christ or the Body of Christ Rom 7:4

The only fruit that is acceptable comes from the mouth by those who worship in spirit and truth as the son of man does by doing what the Lord of Host commanded Him and showing his love of the Father.

No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are the shepherd of the sheep, born from above, and born of water and spirit.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

Scripture says;

Take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

"The Lord is good; blessed are those who take refuge in him. Revere the Lord, you his holy ones, for nothing is lacking to those who revere Him. The great grow poor and hungry but those who seek the Lord want for no good thing."

"The Lord has eyes for the just, and ears for their cry. When the just cry out, the Lord hears them, and rescues them from all distress."

"The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt."

If any would serve me, he must follow me. Where I am, that's where my servant will be. Whoever honors me, him the Father shall honor.

Whoever refuses to honor me refuses to honor the Lord who sent me.

beloved57

Did Christ's Death succeed its purpose ?

Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If Christ by His Death or His Offering of Himself, if by it each Person, each one He died for does not become zealous of Good Works as stated here [ See also Eph 2:10], His Death's Purpose was a Failure !

The word that here is important. Its the greek conjunction ἵνα and means:

in order that, so that

for the purpose that (in order that), looking to the aim (intended result) of the verbal idea

In other words, God's intended result in Christ giving Himself and He giving His Son Jn 3:16; Rom 8:32 as in order to produce certain and specific results, those being:

To redeem those He died for from all iniquity, and to purify unto himself a specially chosen people zealous of Good Works.

If This intention did not become a Reality for all whom Christ died, His Death failed God's Intended Purpose !

Then what about people who do not end up being a person zealous of good works ? Then simply Christ was not given for that person or persons !

Last edited:

beloved57

Did Christ's Death succeed its purpose ? 2

That He might bring us to God ! 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

This is ones subjective Reconciliation to God by way of Faith and Repentance ; or its our conversion to God. For this was a important purpose, intention for God giving His Son to die for those He died for, for if we be True Believers; That is by His Death or His once suffering for our sins, that this would result in our conversion to God !

Now if all for whom He suffered for their sins, are not as a result of that, converted to God, then His Death or Suffering for them failed its God given Purpose ! This bringing us to God or subjective reconciliation is effected because Christ through His Death did make Satisfaction for our sins, bearing the full penalty of the broken law for us as our Representative !

Last edited:

beloved57

Did Christ's Death succeed its purpose ? 3

More scripture giving the purpose and results of Christ's Death, that those He died for will serve Him ! 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Remember the words of the Psalmist Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

That word serve means :

to cause to serve as subjects

to labour, work, do work

2) to work for another, serve another by labour

3) to serve as subjects

4) to serve (God)

to compel to labour or work, cause to labour, cause to serve

And Jesus said Jn 12:26

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Now that any man[who serves] will be of that seed Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

That word seed means:

offspring, descendants as in Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That seed is all for whom He died or whom His soul was made an offering for sin for !

And Paul writes 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

The Apostle perceives the Love of Christ, which moved Him to give Himself for His Body the Church [His Seed] Eph 5:25, and that He died for all [The Seed], and the All He died for, died [judicially] with Him, and so they were as He was, all dead. Purpose being:

That we which live, the we being, the all that died with Him, should not live unto themselves in the flesh, as servants of sin, but unto Him that died for them [ Christ their Surety] !

Paul here just described the fruit of Christ's Death, it produces servants for Him. The same exact thing is taught in Titus 2:14, the end of His Redemptive Death produces a People zealous of Good Works !

Last edited:

beloved57

Made Righteous by His Faithfulness/Obedience !

All those that the Jesus Christ I know and serve, all for whom He died, in His obedience, and because He represented them [those He died for] by that obedience of His, which is also His Faithfulness to that Eternal Covenant which He became the Surety unto Death, by this He made them all Righteous. Yes, all of them have His obedience or faithfulness or faith imputed to them ! All those Christ died for stand before God, even when they themselves are but faithless, unbelieving, enemies, they stand before God with the Faith and obedience of Christ imputed to them ! Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Last edited: