That's so gay.

koban

So what? You've just come full circle by evading the point yet again. The original usurpation of "gay" is the reason that that particular word is now used as an demeaning term. If the homosexuals chose a different word ("homosexual", for instance), whatever word they chose would likely have been corrupted as well (e.g., "so homo").

In short, you believe that those with strong characters are sociopaths. Okay. I'll use "strong character" to describe a healthy state of mind, and you go ahead and use it to describe a state of denial or emotional and mental detachment.

Dude - have you always been this retarded, or has it gotten worse since you turned gay? :darwinsm:

Egbert

Dude - have you always been this retarded, or has it gotten worse since you turned gay? :darwinsm:
Calling me retarded and/or gay is not a terribly convincing argument. I'll be glad to reply to any bona fide objections, but frankly, you're only making a fool of yourself.

Shalom

Both of the two comedians Penn and Teller are extremely gay, so is their stupid gay act, all their jokes are totally gay, and I would love to see them have an epic fail in their dumb gay career.

koban

Calling me retarded and/or gay is not a terribly convincing argument. I'll be glad to reply to any bona fide objections, but frankly, you're only making a fool of yourself.

"objections"? :darwinsm:

That would assume that I cared whether you wanted to defend your retarded statement.

No, silly. I'm only interested in mocking your retarded statement. :darwinsm:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Both of the two comedians Penn and Teller are extremely gay, so is their stupid gay act, all their jokes are totally gay, and I would love to see them have an epic fail in their dumb gay career.
I must be thinking of someone else. I thought he was dead. :idunno:

Didn't he die? Plane crash or something? :execute:

DocJohnson

So what? You've just come full circle by evading the point yet again. The original usurpation of "gay" is the reason that that particular word is now used as an demeaning term. If the homosexuals chose a different word ("homosexual", for instance), whatever word they chose would likely have been corrupted as well (e.g., "so homo").

So, you're basically saying what the blacks say about the "n" word. It's not demeaning if they use it on themselves. It's only demeaning if non-blacks use it.

In short, you believe that those with strong characters are sociopaths. Okay. I'll use "strong character" to describe a healthy state of mind, and you go ahead and use it to describe a state of denial or emotional and mental detachment.

How exactly did we jump from "strong character" to "sociopath" in one post?

Apparently it's you who missed the point. Someone is not in denial simply because they choose not to let name-calling affect them. I certainly didn't let it affect me growing up when I was teased about my red hair, pale skin, and freckles.

According to you, though, I'm a sociopath because I didn't let those childish insults affect me?

Egbert

"objections"? :darwinsm:

That would assume that I cared whether you wanted to defend your retarded statement.

It assumes nothing of the sort. Why should your arguments be dependent upon my desire to counter them?

No, silly. I'm only interested in mocking your retarded statement. :darwinsm:

Mockery is best when accompanied by some substantive retort, and all you seem to have in your arsenal is an overuse of emoticons. I won't bother replying to you again until you say something worthwhile (or perhaps until I see fit to mock you in return — with more flair, of course).

So, you're basically saying what the blacks say about the "n" word. It's not demeaning if they use it on themselves. It's only demeaning if non-blacks use it.

That is the third (consecutive) time you have sidestepped this point (additionally reverting to a strawman argument). I'm fairly certain by now that you are not merely failing at reading comprehension, but trying to avoid concession with intellectual dishonesty.
Anyone who has watched the ad in the OP or who understands the topic of this thread already knows the problem with your misrepresentation: "He's gay" and "He's so gay" are two distinct usages. No such distinction exists with the N-word.

How exactly did we jump from "strong character" to "sociopath" in one post?

What you apparently consider a trademark of strong character, I consider a trademark of a sociopath.

I certainly didn't let it affect me growing up when I was teased about my red hair, pale skin, and freckles.

According to you, though, I'm a sociopath because I didn't let those childish insults affect me?

To put it bluntly: I don't believe you. Perhaps you grew desensitized to the insults until they no longer bothered you noticeably (I know what that's like), or perhaps those particular insults were so weak that you easily ignored them (obviously some insults are more affective than others). I do not believe, however, that you made a conscious decision to turn off your emotional response to language and thereby remained unaffected. Normal brains do not work that way. Sociopaths can be emotionally detached, but I doubt even most of them can access an "emotion switch" at will.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You persist in trying to justify your obnoxiouness and it doesn't work. The pharisees and teachers of the law were the legalists of their day. They exercised their power at the expense of the people. Jesus confronted them with their hypocrisy in light of this. A far cry from calling them "morons".

Yes, Jesus was angry with moneylenders. They shouldn't have been there profiting and using the temple to rip people off. So?

Did Jesus cast Peter away? Did he mindlessly insult him or rebuke him?
:blabla:

Jesus did not call a caanite woman a dog. That simply didn't happen if you actually bother to read the passage. It's also telling that as a result of the woman's reply and faith Jesus healed her daughter from her affliction. How very insulting :rolleyes:
"Dog," was a common insult toward Gentiles among the Jews in that day. If He didn't intend it that way it was pretty insensitive of Him to use that term.

I have no idea to whom the mixed lady you refer. It seems rather contradictory to accuse her both of serial monogamy and adultery... :squint:
She got married five times, and it is possible she may have cheated on some, if not, all of them. You need a brain, Arthur.

Jesus' comment about Judas was not an insult, rather a fact. He didn't call him a moron.
You sure do miss the point a lot. It doesn't matter whether it was an insult or not. It wasn't the most tolerant or accepting comment. That was the point.

You've posted half a dozen examples which don't come in anywhere near the same bracket as the stupid insults you hurl around here because of arrogance and immaturity. I wonder how many examples of Jesus having compassion and kindness could be illustrated in return. Several I would venture. So why don't you start showing some of that?
Ask lmohm how much compassion and kindness I've shown him.

I must be thinking of someone else. I thought he was dead. :idunno:

Didn't he die? Plane crash or something? :execute:
Penn and Teller were on TV, just last night. And the show was taped earlier in the day. So I'm sure you're thinking of someone else.