• Already started

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many of you homeschooling moms and dads dread this time of year? I know I do. I hate the time period from the last month before school starts (August for us) through the end of the first month of school. I just have too much to do and not enough time in the day to complete it all. The main reason I haven't been online so much lately is because I'm in the process of getting ready for school. My daughter will be in the eighth/ninth grade this year. So far, I have gotten report cards ready to be filled in and saved/printed, my tentative attendance record for the school year done, and about half my school supplies bought. I'm making a list of what curriculum we'll need next year and deciding what else I want as far as supplies goes.

How much have you gotten done so far? Have you already started school? Please tell me that some of you homeschooling parents are as disorganized as I am when it comes to the months of August and September. :D

wholearmor

Wow, Nori, unreal! We're thinking of possibly home-schooling our grandson but now I don't know. I really don't want him to go to public school, though.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wholearmor
Wow, Nori, unreal! We're thinking of possibly home-schooling our grandson but now I don't know. I really don't want him to go to public school, though.

WA, it's probably just me. I'm a single mom doing it. For some reason, I don't remember it being this hard before my husband passed away.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tye Porter
Three Cheers For Nori!
Homeschooler who loves her child.
That is a Christian Mother!

That I do, Tye. That I do! I'm hoping that I can get some of her curriculum used and in good condition so that I don't have to pay BJU's outrageous prices this year.

wholearmor

Whenever I see the results of a spelling contest or writing contest or geography contest in the local paper, the winners are consistently home-schooled and private-schooled.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tye Porter
The National Spelling Bee has been a Home Schooler for the past 7 years, right?

Two out of the top three finishers in the National Spelling Bee and the Geography Bee have been homeschoolers for the last five years at least.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know if I've ever posted why I started homeschooling on TOL yet or not. I'll have to check and if I did, bump it up. If I didn't, I will. :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jefferson,

I've done A/O before. I didn't care for it too much. I've got the Robinson Curriculum. I just use it for reading, history, Bible, and the dictionary. My daughter just reads from her computer since I don't have the money to print out all the books. :)

The only reason it's taking this much of my time is because I'm as fanatical about the start of the school year as I am my recipes. :) I tend to stress myself out over it though. After homeschooling for most of five years, I prefer BJU's curriculum to anything else I've seen except for what I make myself. I'm going with BJU this year because I want to have some time on the weekends to come here and play. :)

wholearmor

Originally posted by ebenz47037
I don't know if I've ever posted why I started homeschooling on TOL yet or not. I'll have to check and if I did, bump it up. If I didn't, I will. :)

I'd like to read that, Nori.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wholearmor
I'd like to read that, Nori.

I'll hunt for it tomorrow. I'm too tired right now. J was sick today. So, I had to fight with her to keep her from going to my neighbor's house to ride horses with the rest of the neighborhood kids. That's all I need: to feel guilty because all of them get sick just as the public school opens. :chuckle: Wouldn't those parents be upset.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ebenz47037
After homeschooling for most of five years, I prefer BJU's curriculum to anything else I've seen except for what I make myself.
Could you please give me a link to their website? I'd like to check them out. Thanks.