Ted Cruz speaks on PRO LIFE.. YES!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You cannot be pro-life and accept capital punishment, just as you cannot be pro-life and accept killing in wars. Either you support life or you do not and if you do not and accept killing in wars and capital punishment then don't try to talk to me about abortion.

:noway: I can't!?!? Dang, Well I'll be; I didn't know that....Hmmm...:think: What now?

:idea: I've got it!

Take your false dichotomy and cram it. :e4e:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
a foetus is a potential human life whilst a murderer is a very actual human.

:think: Yanno....I keep hearing about the "potential" stuff and I have a question for you.

Are you the same person you were 10 years ago?

What about 20?....Are you that old? Don't know; just wondering. :idunno: Are you the same?

Do you suppose that you will be the same person that you are now ten or thirty years from now?

The reason I bring this up is because my experience in life (and with babies :chuckle: ) has pretty much taught me that babies are indeed a blank slate. Just beginning the process of development into the people that they will be. This process is lifelong and no one really knows, I think, how they will end up...But you know; the thing that gets me is when exactly does this process begin?
Now, you could take the easy way out and just arbitrarily choose a point (birth is a popular one) but that's not the truth is it? It has been proven the things which go on while the child is still in the womb do most certainly go into the persons development. Not to mention that the child is as well aware of it's surroundings (Video of a baby in the womb attempting to recoil from the camera light and cover his/her eyes....even ultrasound of the baby trying to aggressively push away an amniocentesis needle has been recorded proving pretty conclusively that the being in question is having an "experience".

This being the case it has been my conclusion that humans are in a state of development from potential to final result for their whole lives.

:plain: Would you agree with this?

If so, the question remains; when does the process begin?....And what makes your stage of development a higher priority than one who is still in the womb...Does this continue to carry forward? :confused: ....I mean, it would stand to reason that you would as well be more worthy of life than say, a 2 year old? :AMR:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
According to Jewish theology certainly. I happen to agree with that definition.

legalistic, scientific definitions, and criteria of human life can be debated a million ways. when it comes down to knowingly, willfully ending a life that has already started is unacceptable. war, murder, etc. are willful decisions (debatable) as well. "choice" is a selfish act that "fits" for a person at a particular time in their life. convenience and/or "what's good for me right now" is disgusting. no responsibility, no sacrifice, no surrender, just me me me and MY LIFE. Thank God nobody "CHOSE" their comfort and freedom over YOURS, way back when. just lucky i guess - :patrol:

quip

BANNED
Banned
As many as accept there is a difference between an innocent child and a convicted murderer. :yawn:

The same ones who fail to discern between in-utero, incipient life and a fully formed, birthed child?

quip

BANNED
Banned
any pregnant mother i've ever talked to refers to her developing fetus as her child

Then open your eyes to a woman with an unwanted pregnancy...that same potiential child is precicely what she doesn't desire nor want forced upon her.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then open your eyes to a woman with an unwanted pregnancy...that same potiential child is precicely what she doesn't desire nor want forced upon her.

You keep forgetting the FACT that she didn't have to get pregnant.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You keep forgetting the FACT that she didn't have to get pregnant.

Are you making an sexual abstinence claim...otherwise this is irrelevant; she had sex; got pregnant against her wishes...now dealing with it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you making an sexual abstinence claim...otherwise this is irrelevant; she had sex; got pregnant against her wishes...now dealing with it.

With the exception of rape, no one gets pregnant without consenting to the possibility of pregnancy.

That does not equate to *against her will* ...

quip

BANNED
Banned
With the exception of rape, no one gets pregnant without consenting to the possibility of pregnancy.

That does not equate to *against her will* ...

This would hold more weight if sex was exclusively reserved for procreation.

It's an act of nature:
It's as equally and naturally *against her will* as a tornado picking up a tree and crushing your house would be *against your will*.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This would hold more weight if sex was exclusively reserved for procreation.

It's an act of nature:
It's as equally and naturally *against her will* as a tornado picking up a tree and crushing your house would be *against your will*.

Not hardly ... unless you wish to pretend that people are able to control the weather.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Getting pregnant is not an act of nature? Can you support this assertion?

Certainly. Pregnancy can be controlled. No one has to allow themselves to become pregnant. Like getting drunk. No one HAS TO drink alcohol.