Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should we all use our real faces as avatars and if we did do you think we'd behave differently?:D

This Would be a very interesting topic of the day. In practice, though it isn't practical. Not all of us want to us our faces as avatars.

Some of us are not allowed to use our real faces for our avatars.

Could you find one of yourself not dressed as the Persephone persona? You might be able to use that one. Make sure you ask Knight first.

TH,
I've already asked you once - would you please, please quit looking at me?
Please?
This is getting to be an issue.

There is button where you can turn avatars off. Go into your user CP. Then click Options. Scroll down to visible post elements and uncheck Avatars. That would solve the issue of problematic avatars for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainee

This Would be a very topic of the day. In practice, though it isn't practical. Not all of us want to use our faces as avatars.

There is button where you can turn avatars off. Go into your user CP. Then click Options. Scroll down to visible post elements and uncheck Avatars. That would solve the issue of problematic avatars for you.

Hello Inzl!!
I would hate to miss seeing Avatars - it is a way for us to
express ourselves!!

And (suspenseful music starts) it is one of the few ways to show our nonverbal communication (though emoticons do a great job with that too) ...so you are comfortable with Town Heretic looking at you like that?

Hmmm, I guess you do not feel like an Elk (or is that a Moose?) caught in the head lights? :rotfl:

rainee

You wanna be grateful I don't have my 'mug' as an actual avatar....then you would have issues...

:eek:

:plain:
lol
Hi AB
I would almost bet money you would not put the same up close
pic of yourself even if you did put yourself in your avatar...
Am I wrong? Would you, could you, take a photo like that and post it?

Could Rusha?

I guess maybe Knight could but probably wouldn't want to...?

I maybe could but it would scare me to death to think what expression my face would take -- knowing ...

Don't you think that would happen to y'all too? Your awareness would have an affect on your facial expression?

But look at TH....he
Aaaiiiieeeeeehhhh
He's looking at me!!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why on earth not? :idunno:

Instead of being turned off by an avatar? :think: I did not know that.

My earthly frame is rather like a beat up car. It isn't something I like to show off. Art work or some other graphic expressed my tastes and personality better.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tim Tebow as an NFL quarterback. He is the talk of ESPN all morning. Let's give him a fair review.