step by step by step

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentatonic145

soothsayer said:
Touche! However, sexual preference has nothing to do with the instrument you choose to play. And my piano could kick your guitar's a**! :box::chuckle:
OK - I confess - while I am definitely NOT a closet homosexual, I am a closet pianist. And yes - I do wish I could play piano as well as I can play guitar...ya got me there...

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
OT as well: But that's not necessarily true.
more OT: youre right .. natural selection doesnt work like we want it to work ...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145 said:
Jefferson - do you agree with Bob's constitution? Do you feel that homosexuals deserve the death penalty?
Yes. I have now cleary answered your question. However, you've ignored most of my questions. Please answer them. This is supposed to be a dialog.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145 said:
If God hates all these people, then why did Jesus bother to shed his blood on the cross for their detestable, abominable sins?
Because of the same reason why I simultaneously hate and love homosexuals. I hate them because of their destruction of God's image in themselves and the destruction they do to others and society. But I love them enough to tell them about the Person and work of Jesus Christ. God simultaneously loves and hates also. Simultaneous love and hate is actually very common.

Are you from the "No mercy for the wicked" camp?
I'm merciful enough to them to teach them that they need forgiveness for their sins. But that requires that I have to be harsh enough to point out to them that they are sinners, and not just general sins but their specific sins. Now that kind of teaching often makes me unpopular with both them and everyone around who witnesses our conversation. But I love them enough to make that sacrifice. Do you love them that much or do you worship the false god of Public Acceptance?
I can see from your avatar that you ARE from the "Let's scare everyone away from the church and be a stumbling block to people" camp.
It's called showing those who have had and/or paid for abortions that they are murderers. Without that realization it is much less likely they will see themselves as sinners. And if they don't see themselves as sinners then they will see no need to ask God to forgive them of their sins.

soothsayer

Jefferson said:
Because of the same reason why I simultaneously hate and love homosexuals. I hate them because of their destruction of God's image in themselves and the destruction they do to others and society. But I love them enough to tell them about the Person and work of Jesus Christ. God simultaneously loves and hates also. Simultaneous love and hate is actually very common.

I not so sure I buy the simultaneous love/hate thing. If it were plausible, then it would be equally plausible for god to be both good and evil at the same time. Do you think he is?

I'm merciful enough to them to teach them that they need forgiveness for their sins. But that requires that I have to be harsh enough to point out to them that they are sinners, and not just general sins but their specific sins. Now that kind of teaching often makes me unpopular with both them and everyone around who witnesses our conversation. But I love them enough to make that sacrifice.
Oh, how noble...sacrificing your "popularity" to point out the wrong in someone else? Try concentrating on yourself. Let the homosexual deal with his/her own burdens.

Do you love them that much or do you worship the false god of Public Acceptance?It's called showing those who have had and/or paid for abortions that they are murderers. Without that realization it is much less likely they will see themselves as sinners. And if they don't see themselves as sinners then they will see no need to ask God to forgive them of their sins.

Why is this your concern? Who cares if they see themsleves as sinners? All you are called to do is point out the option of Jesus to people. You do not have to tell them about how they have sinned. If they come to your god, they will figure out what sins they have committed. Is is not your job to judge!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
pentatonic145 said:
Not yet - but that will be the next step. The argument for promotoing homosexuality as superior to heterosexuality will be based on overpopulation, which is soon to become a major problem in this world. That is my prediction anyway.
:squint: I hope that isn't a serious post...

pentatonic145

Jefferson said:
It's called showing those who have had and/or paid for abortions that they are murderers. Without that realization it is much less likely they will see themselves as sinners. And if they don't see themselves as sinners then they will see no need to ask God to forgive them of their sins.
You accomplish more for Satan than for Christ by scaring people away from the gospel for the sake of demonstrating your own perceived moral superiority. Mince words if you like, but the tone of all your posts is clear as day to any reader. Your posts are not written with God's agenda in mind. God's agenda is: Saving souls and bringing glory to His name. Try writing posts with that agenda in mind. Then you would be acknowledging God. Are you speaking the truth in love, or making excuses for not doing so? Are you using gentleness and respect when you give a reason for your faith, or have you another excuse for disobeying that scripture? If you do, you may keep it to yourself - I'm not interested. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a dialogue - you are in school so take heed.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145: Do you worship the false god of Public Acceptance? Please give at least 1 example from your life where you took a stand for God's morality that made you unpopular with a crowd. Remember, Jesus was so unpopular that He was murdered. Most of the 12 apostles were so unpopular that they were also murdered. Does anyone ever so much as even frown at you?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
kmoney said:
Are you automatically doing something wrong if people aren't "frowning" at you??
No, but you are doing something wrong if people never frown at you.

genuineoriginal

pentatonic145 said:
You accomplish more for Satan than for Christ by scaring people away from the gospel for the sake of demonstrating your own perceived moral superiority. Mince words if you like, but the tone of all your posts is clear as day to any reader. Your posts are not written with God's agenda in mind. God's agenda is: Saving souls and bringing glory to His name. Try writing posts with that agenda in mind. Then you would be acknowledging God. Are you speaking the truth in love, or making excuses for not doing so? Are you using gentleness and respect when you give a reason for your faith, or have you another excuse for disobeying that scripture? If you do, you may keep it to yourself - I'm not interested. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a dialogue - you are in school so take heed.

Proverbs 16
6By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.​
God wants people to repent, and depart from evil. This is accomplished through fear of the LORD.
Colossians 3
25But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.​
If you were trying to stop a blind person from walking in front of a speeding bus, would you politely say, "Excuse me, but I think you are going the wrong way," or would you grab that person and yell, "STOP!!!?"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
No, but you are doing something wrong if people never frown at you.
Interesting. I suppose you're right.

Maybe that's why TOL is full of a bunch of jerks, they think the more people hate them the more they're doing something "right".....

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145 said:
I'm glad that when I was sinning against God by using heroin and lying and stealing and sharing needles, God protected me from drawing the wages of my sin, which is death, disease and prison. He revealed himself to me and now I'm born again: a new man, a different person.
Yeah, but don't you miss one particular aspect of your nonchristian days? Don't you miss being masculine before you allowed the feminized church to feminize you?

pentatonic145

Jefferson said:
pentatonic145: Do you worship the false god of Public Acceptance? Please give at least 1 example from your life where you took a stand for God's morality that made you unpopular with a crowd. Remember, Jesus was so unpopular that He was murdered. Most of the 12 apostles were so unpopular that they were also murdered. Does anyone ever so much as even frown at you?
Look at my rep and tell me: The statments I have made today seem to be decidedly unpopular. No, I'm not concerned about public acceptance - I know just as well as you that this gospel is a stench to them that are perishing. And it is true that if the devil never picks on us, then we must not be any kind of a threat to him. I just really question the motive behind a lot of the things you are saying: Is it to win souls to Christ and glorify his name? I can't help but be skeptical.

HERE is me taking a stand for Christ that made me unpopular. I had to edit out the hecklers who were swearing at me so I could post the vid on my site and show it in church, but there were plenty of people who didn't appreciate my wife and I using a public City Park as a platform to preach the gospel. The crowd I am most unpopular with is my family, who are all agnostics, so far.

What does it mean to let our conversation be seasoned with salt? How about Romans 12:17 "Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone"? In fact, Romans 12:14-17, blessing those who persecute us, blessing and not cursing them, living in HARMONY with one another - this is the Bible, man; I didn't write it!
How will they know we are His disciples? How was that? The people who are insulted and harangued on a regular basis at this forum are people whom Christ died on the cross for - they are valuable, even precious to him! I read "Nicer than God" - I don't buy that! "God is Love" - that truth is inescapable. Why be so mean? Is it really because you want people to be saved? I seriously doubt it. I think it's because it feels good to unload on other people and try to make them feel like crap. I am only speculating but God knows the motives in the hearts of everyone who posts here. May he see and judge.

pentatonic145

Jefferson said:
Yeah, but don't you miss one particular aspect of your nonchristian days? Don't you miss being masculine before you allowed the feminized church to feminize you?
See - your own words stand as a testimony against you. You are cornered so you lash out by calling me "feminine". You don't know me, sir.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145 said:
I know just as well as you that this gospel is a stench to them that are perishing.

And it is true that if the devil never picks on us, then we must not be any kind of a threat to him. I just really question the motive behind a lot of the things you are saying: Is it to win souls to Christ and glorify his name? I can't help but be skeptical.

HERE is me taking a stand for Christ that made me unpopular. I had to edit out the hecklers who were swearing at me so I could post the vid on my site and show it in church, but there were plenty of people who didn't appreciate my wife and I using a public City Park as a platform to preach the gospel. The crowd I am most unpopular with is my family, who are all agnostics, so far.

What gospel? The gospel of lovey dovey goochie goo? It wasn't a "stench" that repelled them. It was too much sugar. They were afraid your words were going to give them diabetes. THIS is similar to the words I use when I share the gospel. It was recorded in front of a group of people outside a courthouse, waiting for the doors to open. I'd like your opinion of this style.

What does it mean to let our conversation be seasoned with salt?
The verse says, "Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt" In other words grace and salt are 2 very different things. The verse should not be interpreted as "let your speech be with grace, seasoned with even more grace." Hardly. Salt stings when it is put on an open wound. It also spices up things.

Why be so mean? Is it really because you want people to be saved? I seriously doubt it. I think it's because it feels good to unload on other people and try to make them feel like crap.
How is a sinner ever supposed to repent if he never "feels like crap" about his rebellion against God?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:

Projection, repression...

Status
Not open for further replies.