St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

SaulToPaul 2

yes, as Charlie Sheen says - "Winning" -

whatever it takes, that's my motto -

that's how the Cardinals win - cheating, stealing, lying, cursin' and spittin'
a band of smelly pirates; barbarians, scouring the world for plunder and medical records -

if you can't beat the Cardinals - call the FBI - :patrol:

Keith Hernandez used to sniff the first base line.

saint john w and Alf: "I kill me!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Keith Hernandez used to sniff the first base line.

saint john w and Alf: "I kill me!"

Next thing you'll be telling us, is that George "Goober" Lindsey used to be a quarterback. You beat eveything, Mayor. You know that?(rhetorical q).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So are the New England Patriots. And what do those two teams have in common? They're cheaters.

I wouldn't call going to the post season 6 out of 10 years (2002-2011) losing. And just missing out on one of the years because they lost a division championship tiebreaker Game 163 to the White Sox 1-0 (solo HR by Jim Thome). Two World Series Championships, 1987 and 1991.

All the way down there? All of that 10 mile drive?

oh, i thought they were in St, Louis wednesday. duh, it was 2 here and 2 in Minnesota - so i was thinking you lived 10 miles from Busch Stadium -

my bad

i hope the Cardinals can steal a couple wins up there - i hope you're enjoying the game tonight -

StanJ

oh, i thought they were in St, Louis wednesday. duh, it was 2 here and 2 in Minnesota - so i was thinking you lived 10 miles from Busch Stadium -

my bad

i hope the Cardinals can steal a couple wins up there - i hope you're enjoying the game tonight -

That seems to be the pattern for inter league this week. 2 then 2.
Jays played 2 in NY and now 2 in Toronto

SaulToPaul 2

Next thing you'll be telling us, is that George "Goober" Lindsey used to be a quarterback. You beat eveything, Mayor. You know that?(rhetorical q).

Goober was the waterboy for the Mayberry Bears of 1943.
He made sure Fearless Fife and Amiable Ange stayed hydrated.

Mocking You

my bad

I did enjoy the win. Soft tossing lefty Tommy Milone looked like a champion last night. So far in the three games between Twins/Cards no team has scored more than three runs.

I don't think Mark Reynolds enjoyed the game, however. He dropped a pickoff throw resulting in a run scoring and later in the game pulled his foot off of first base resulting in another run scoring. So two runs scored on his mistakes.

Inexplicably, regarding the botched pickoff play the writers in the St. Louis Dispatch pinned the error on pitcher Martinez, whereas the official scorer gave the error to Reynolds. Replays show the throw from the pitcher was right on the money, Reynolds just flat out dropped the ball. Is he a fan favorite in St. Louis or something?

Also, in the game write up the beat reporter didn't even mention Reynold's boo-boo when he pulled his foot off the base.

I also noticed that manager Matheny gave up the DH late in the game and had the pitcher penciled into the #9 spot in the batting order. At this point in the game he had two bench players remaining, both right-handed batters, so I saw no need for the subterfuge.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I did enjoy the win. Soft tossing lefty Tommy Milone looked like a champion last night. So far in the three games between Twins/Cards no team has scored more than three runs.

I don't think Mark Reynolds enjoyed the game, however. He dropped a pickoff throw resulting in a run scoring and later in the game pulled his foot off of first base resulting in another run scoring. So two runs scored on his mistakes.

Inexplicably, regarding the botched pickoff play the writers in the St. Louis Dispatch pinned the error on pitcher Martinez, whereas the official scorer gave the error to Reynolds. Replays show the throw from the pitcher was right on the money, Reynolds just flat out dropped the ball. Is he a fan favorite in St. Louis or something?

Also, in the game write up the beat reporter didn't even mention Reynold's boo-boo when he pulled his foot off the base.

I also noticed that manager Matheny gave up the DH late in the game and had the pitcher penciled into the #9 spot in the batting order. At this point in the game he had two bench players remaining, both right-handed batters, so I saw no need for the subterfuge.

yes, the replay showed Reynolds made the error, your scorer is right.

I didn't catch the end, but it sounds like he had better options -

close games - Twins with a chance to split -

Mocking You

close games - Twins with a chance to split -

Yes, close games. Cardinals pitching has been carrying them as the offense is fairly anemic. They are really missing Matts Adams and Holliday.

Twins have been getting by with having the offense bunching their hits together and having their pitching scattering the opponents hits. I suspect the Cardinals are doing likewise.

I see the Cardinals are third to last in runs scored in the NL but lead the league in ERA. Twins are 10th in the AL in runs scored and 9th in ERA.

john w

Hall of Fame
Goober was the waterboy for the Mayberry Bears of 1943.
He made sure Fearless Fife and Amiable Ange stayed hydrated.

Well, Mayor, this is from #Wikipedia, which had it's origins in "The Mayberry Gazette:"

"George Lindsey was born in Fairfield in populous Jefferson County, Alabama, and grew up in the small town of Jasper. Lindsey graduated from Walker High School in 1946 and then attended Kemper Military School in Boonville, Missouri,[citation needed] and Florence State College in Florence (now the University of North Alabama), where he majored in physical education and biology, played quarterback on the football team, and received a Bachelor of Science in 1952.[1] After graduating from college he enlisted in the United States Air Force and was stationed at Ramey AFB in Puerto Rico. After his discharge,.."

I'm surprised at you, Mayor! Your jaw is clenching...

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Mayor, this is from #Wikipedia, which had it's origins in "The Mayberry Gazette:"

"George Lindsey was born in Fairfield in populous Jefferson County, Alabama, and grew up in the small town of Jasper. Lindsey graduated from Walker High School in 1946 and then attended Kemper Military School in Boonville, Missouri,[citation needed] and Florence State College in Florence (now the University of North Alabama), where he majored in physical education and biology, played quarterback on the football team, and received a Bachelor of Science in 1952.[1] After graduating from college he enlisted in the United States Air Force and was stationed at Ramey AFB in Puerto Rico. After his discharge,.."

I'm surprised at you, Mayor! Your jaw is clenching...

No wonder Tet is so smart. Wikipedia.

Do you think I should be a door to door Wikipedia salesman?

john w

Hall of Fame
Frank Tanana was my favorite soft tossing lefty.

Here is a "caricature photo" Mayor STP has of himself, on his fireplace mantle, at age 12, being ambidextrous, and all, striking out a record 17 Girl Scouts**, in a 1970's game:

trav.jpg

**The 17 strikeout # might have been much higher, but he was tossed out of the game, in the 7th inning, for shooting a spitball at the Girl Scout's first basewoman, and putting gum in the shortstop's mitt.

He has it right next to his Isaac "The Love Boat" Washington autographed pic:

hqdefault.jpg

SaulToPaul 2

Here is a "caricature photo" Mayor STP has of himself, on his fireplace mantle, at age 12, being ambidextrous, and all, striking out a record 17 Girl Scouts**, in a 1970's game:

trav.jpg

**The 17 strikeout # might have been much higher, but he was tossed out of the game, in the 7th inning, for shooting a spitball at the Girl Scout's first basewoman, and putting gum in the shortstop's mitt.

He has it right next to his Isaac "The Love Boat" Washington autographed pic:

hqdefault.jpg

Why am I pitching left handed?
I didn't know I was amphibious.

john w

Hall of Fame
No wonder Tet is so smart. Wikipedia.

Do you think I should be a door to door Wikipedia salesman?

You might want to re-think that move, Mayor, in this "Net" age. I'm a part time "Milk Man" on weekends. The term "butter and egg man" was named after me, the forerunner to today's "go to guy." I'm thinking of "diversifying" into also selling "Charles' Chips" door to door.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You might want to re-think that move, Mayor, in this "Net" age. I'm a part time "Milk Man" on weekends. The term "butter and egg man" was named after me, the forerunner to today's "go to guy." I'm thinking of "diversifying" into also selling "Charles' Chips" door to door.

good idea. there's a guy that would go around with a trunk full of vess soda, hard boiled eggs, candy bars, chips, and Gus' Pretzels - he was always diversifying, expanding his menu - upgrading to a station wagon for a bit

but alas, he dranks a bit, and some days we went hungry at the warehouse "On The Hill" - 5008 Dagget 63110 - because he didn't show -

btw, his breath was to die for - :patrol: