Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

An error on my part. I felt a loaded question was being put to me and jokingly replied with the classic example of a loaded question. Looking back at it I think I was in error in both cases and I apologize to the board. I do endeavor to be polite in discussions and humorous as well when the mood strikes me but I am not perfect.

None of us are perfect, and it's a shame we have to constantly be on our guard....afraid of causing offence. I was using your post to make a point. One, I believe, needs to be made.

Personally, I saw no problem with what either of you said, (but one was warned and one wasn't).

It's real life conversating. :thumb:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
An error on my part. I felt a loaded question was being put to me and jokingly replied with the classic example of a loaded question. Looking back at it I think I was in error in both cases and I apologize to the board. I do endeavor to be polite in discussions and humorous as well when the mood strikes me but I am not perfect.
:thumb:
None of us are perfect, and it's a shame we have to constantly be on our guard....afraid of causing offence. I was using your post to make a point. One, I believe, needs to be made.

Personally, I saw no problem with what either of you said, (but one was warned and one wasn't).

It's real life conversating. :thumb:
Both were warned.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The one who was provoking me was not warned, and he even admitted he was mocking me. Since when is mocking not being provoked.

Then you should have reported it and moved on, and let us mods handle it, instead of dropping to his level.

You seem to have forgotten that we mods are A) not omniscient, and B) we don't read every single post that's posted.

The report function is there for the things we miss.

Another thing, just because there are two moderators now doesn't mean you no longer have to report anything.

If you're going to respond to a post in anger, because they're provoking you, don't stoop to their level and provoke them back. Recall what Scripture says:

A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. - Proverbs 15:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs15:1-2&version=NKJV

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,nor give place to the devil. - Ephesians 4:26-27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:26-27&version=NKJV

glorydaz

Then you should have reported it and moved on, and let us mods handle it, instead of dropping to his level.

What level would that be? There was NOTHING wrong with my post. But, it's interesting how you saw what Town was doing...and his low level as he did it. Where is his warning?

You seem to have forgotten that we mods are A) not omniscient, and B) we don't read every single post that's posted.

"We mods" may not, but you have assured us all that you will fill that gap. In fact, you followed that thread, and knew full well what was going on. In point of fact, you should know better than to accuse someone of provoking without reading back to see if they are merely responding to being provoked.

The report function is there for the things we miss.

It was evident in the thread. It's also evident, from my post, that Town was disrupting the thread. To claim you missed it is disingenuous...I said as much in the post you flagged.

Another thing, just because there are two moderators now doesn't mean you no longer have to report anything.

No one had reported me, JR. You took that upon yourself.

If you're going to respond to a post in anger, because they're provoking you, don't stoop to their level and provoke them back. Recall what Scripture says:

A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. - Proverbs 15:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs15:1-2&version=NKJV

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,nor give place to the devil. - Ephesians 4:26-27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:26-27&version=NKJV

You're accusing me of being angry at Town? Wrong, I'm angry at you and disappointed that you faulted me and FAILED to complete the task of faulting Town.

And don't lecture me in the faith, JR. Your use of Scripture there is faulty..to begin with.

But, since we are getting to the bottom of the matter, let's address why you picked me out of that thread to begin with. The day before, I had dared to disagree with you when you attempted to "correct" me about Timothy being written to me. You were acting as a poster, but you clearly got angry because you didn't say another word. I knew right then that I had angered you. First thing, the next day, I saw a warning from you. A warning that was totally unmerited. You cannot provoke someone who is bent on provoking you. Self defence is always an option...even in this age of Grace.

I understand you're new at this Mod business, but being an overzealous prosecutor isn't helping TOL out one little bit. It was clear that Town came in to disrupt that thread....immediately correcting Tam on her premise, and then said we "girls" were more interested in him than in the thread. It's a short thread....what's left of it. Check it out.

If you're angered with my honesty here, it's on you. :idunno:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What level would that be? There was NOTHING wrong with my post. But, it's interesting how you saw what Town was doing...and his low level as he did it. Where is his warning?

"We mods" may not, but you have assured us all that you will fill that gap. In fact, you followed that thread, and knew full well what was going on. In point of fact, you should know better than to accuse someone of provoking without reading back to see if they are merely responding to being provoked.

It was evident in the thread. It's also evident, from my post, that Town was disrupting the thread. To claim you missed it is disingenuous...I said as much in the post you flagged.

No one had reported me, JR.

No one reported Town. I hardly ever read Town's posts. And to be honest with you, even if i'm paying close attention to a thread, there are many times when posts slip through and I never see them.

You took that upon yourself.

No, GD, I actually didn't.

Did you ever talk to Sherman about all this like I told you to?

Because if you had, you wouldn't be so frustrated, especially at me.

SHERMAN is the one who pointed it out to me. and told me to act.

I hardly ever read Town's posts anymore, and I don't recall reading your pot either prior to her bringing it to my attention.

However, she told me to act, and so it was at her request that I acted.

You're finding issue with me, when you need to go talk to her, because she's the one who brought it to my attention.

You're accusing me of being angry at Town? Wrong, I'm angry at you and disappointed that you faulted me and FAILED to complete the task of faulting Town.

Like I said: Take it up with Sherman.

And don't lecture me in the faith, JR. Your use of Scripture there is faulty..to begin with.

But, since we are getting to the bottom of the matter, let's address why you picked me out of that thread to begin with. The day before, I had dared to disagree with you when you attempted to "correct" me about Timothy being written to me. You were acting as a poster, but you clearly got angry because you didn't say another word. I knew right then that I had angered you. First thing, the next day, I saw a warning from you. A warning that was totally unmerited. You cannot provoke someone who is bent on provoking you. Self defence is always an option...even in this age of Grace.

I understand you're new at this Mod business, but being an overzealous prosecutor isn't helping TOL out one little bit. It was clear that Town came in to disrupt that thread....immediately correcting Tam on her premise, and then said we "girls" were more interested in him than in the thread. It's a short thread....what's left of it. Check it out.

If you're angered with my honesty here, it's on you. :idunno:

If you had talked with Sherman like I told you to, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Go cool your temper. Then talk with Sherman and get this resolved.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus loves you, Glorydaz.
So do I.
Don't let the unfairness of life break you.
We all suffer unfairness at times.
You are a wonderful person and a delight to have around.
Be well and take care my dear sister.
You are loved.

glorydaz

Jesus loves you, Glorydaz.
So do I.
Don't let the unfairness of life break you.
We all suffer unfairness at times.
You are a wonderful person and a delight to have around.
Be well and take care my dear sister.
You are loved.

I'm way past the point of breaking over anything I encounter on the internet.

Now, those horses need to be taken seriously...especially at feeding time.

Thanks for your friendship, Tam. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

glorydaz

No one reported Town. I hardly ever read Town's posts. And to be honest with you, even if i'm paying close attention to a thread, there are many times when posts slip through and I never see them.

No, GD, I actually didn't.

Did you ever talk to Sherman about all this like I told you to?

Because if you had, you wouldn't be so frustrated, especially at me.

SHERMAN is the one who pointed it out to me. and told me to act.

I hardly ever read Town's posts anymore, and I don't recall reading your pot either prior to her bringing it to my attention.

However, she told me to act, and so it was at her request that I acted.

You're finding issue with me, when you need to go talk to her, because she's the one who brought it to my attention.

Like I said: Take it up with Sherman.

If you had talked with Sherman like I told you to, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Go cool your temper. Then talk with Sherman and get this resolved.

Oh, so Sherman told you to give me a warning, and remove me from the thread?

In that case, I have no problem giving Sherman a pass...she's earned the right to make an occasional mistake.

glorydaz

The last time I deleted a post that I deemed to be unhelpful :spam: it ignited a firestorm of cries of censorship. So I decided to create a place to copy such posts. This way the thread in question is not derailed to badly and people will know where the post went.
Enjoy!

Well, Delmar. You saw this day coming...and so long ago, too. :e4e:

May we always have a place to gather. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.