Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Can read 'em if you don't have 'em.

How do you do it without the original inspired text?

I will do it the same way you learned Hebrew and Greek, I suppose . . unless you are going to tell me you have a Hebrew daddy and a Greek mommy, and learned both languages from the cradle.

You still have not explained what is stopped cold for lack of the original manuscripts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I will do it the same way you learned Hebrew and Greek, I suppose . . unless you are going to tell me you have a Hebrew daddy and a Greek mommy, and learned both languages from the cradle.

You still have not explained what is stopped cold for lack of the original manuscripts.

Can't you figure that out on your own? Bah!!

Right Divider

Body part
The dichotomy is presented here, between unconsciousness and deliberation. The Church teaches that regardless, we are "collaborators with God's will," which is the same as saying that we are, as Luther said, like horses or beasts.

The Church does not strand us here though, which is unlike, I find, what Luther does in his Bondage of the Will; but the Church encourages us and points us toward our true freedom, which is through conscious, deliberate, intentional "co-working." This we can achieve, and fully mature, evolve even, into fully cognizant and thinking human beings.

With, of course, His grace.
You treat grace like God giving you a nickle to help you buy a cup of coffee.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well let me get out my Big Chief tablet and crayons so you might understand.

You

can't

read

the

original

manuscripts

if

you

don't

have

the

original

manuscripts

________________________________​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You

can't

read

the

original

manuscripts

if

you

don't

have

the

original

manuscripts

________________________________​

Hopefully, she'll understand that? If not, what can you do? You might try posting it in Greek?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It is still works righteousness, of course.
Define what you mean by works righteousness and I'll give it to you.
What I have never heard, is the idea that unregenerate, unrepentant sinners, can unconsciously collaborate with God. How could that be achieved? Or are you describing a "puppetry" that is more extensive than what Calvinists get accused of teaching?
I am.
And can you cite Luther referring to "horses and beasts?" I have never come across that, either. I would be interested in seeing his context for using such language.
Luther compares a horse or beast to human beings. He says people don't have anymore free will than does a horse or beast, and the only question is who is riding the human being, and that determines what the human being does.

That is not what the Church teaches, that's what Luther said in Bondage of the Will. I haven't read it in a while which is why I forget whether we are horses or beasts, or maybe he quoted a Psalm and that's where I'm getting the beast reference. If I have to guess, I'd say the odds are better than a coin flip that we're compared with horses, and God and Satan are two riders, and God is depicted as always being able to unseat Satan, but He only chooses to do so according to his good pleasure, or something like that. Luther's Bondage of the Will was one of only two works he produced that, later in his life, he didn't disavow.

The Church disagrees with Luther, and that means that the Lord does too.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

You refuse to explain what is stopped cold when the absence of original manuscripts is brought up. You posted those words.

Now you refuse to address the words you posted, and you dodge my questions.

O.K.

You are being cagey, but I will not bring any charges against you.

(If the DOJ can do it, so can I!) :carryon:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
YOUR statement was worded in such a way as to make your "church" superior to the LORD.
For the record, I do not believe that the Church is superior to her Spouse.
Your "church" is opposed to the LORD.
Sometimes the Church trespasses, we are made up of trespassers in this world. That's why we pray, "Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen"

heir

TOL Subscriber
You believe them superstitiously.
Nope, as they are: pure and preserved (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV)!

Anyone who does not bother to investigate the original languages of Holy Scripture, do not love Holy Scriptures, nor do they hunger and thirst for Truth.
Nowhere are we told to study anything, but the authentic. We have all scripture and it throughly furnishes us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

Learning more about the written words of God is to learn more about the Word (Logos) of God, Jesus Christ.
The words of the Lord are pure and we have them in English in a King James Bible. There's no need to look elsewhere!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Superstitiously.
Nope. The words mean what they say, as they say it and to whom they say it.

Yes. But will regenerated Christians refuse to learn and grow by refusing to expose themselves to the original languages . . no.
I have all scripture. I've no need to look elsewhere.

Wrong. Regeneration precedes faith and faith precedes active obedience. The dead sinner must first be brought to life and given new spiritual capacities (new heart, mind, eyes, and ears) to respond to the Gospel message.
"Regeneration" as it concerns us is the Lord's washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost, Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour (Titus 3:4-7 KJV).
Spiritually dead people hear the Gospel all the time, and do not respond in faith, because they have never first been raised to new life by God.
God's will is that all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The righteousness of God is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).Those who believe not the glorious gospel of Christ are only blinded after they have heard it and rejected it (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Status
Not open for further replies.