Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My turn for a question. Do you pray?

Consistently. Even for some of the posters on this forum. I even pray for people I know, that they may come to a saving knowledge of faith in Christ. You see, I'm not a Calvinist therefore, I'm in a position to pray for others salvation. I believe that in order to become saved in this Dispensation of Grace, one must hear the Grace Gospel and respond in faith towards Christ as their ONLY Savior.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I always find it strange, when strong advocates of autonomous human free will, accuse God of causing sin when the discussion of predestination comes up. As if, God determining the fates of all men, somehow make Him the author of sin. Nada!

Sinners willfully choose to sin. That is what makes them sinners and that is what separates them from God.

This is the tragedy that Jesus Christ has reconciled . . bringing willful sinners back into favor with God through grace and faith and granting new spiritual freedom to choose not to sin again . . through union in Him.

So, you have NEVER sinned since becoming a member of the so called "Elect?" What about 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" And, 1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." So, are you calling God a liar if you say you don't sin? Of course you are, the Bible says so. Tell us you NEVER sin Nang after reading these two verses of Scripture.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ paid the price for the sins of ALL humanity. God's free gift of eternal life is open to anyone who is willing to place ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior. 1 Timothy 2:4 is God's true WILL. It states: "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Those that reject this gift of God will stand before Him in judgment and be judged according to their works.
Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So, you have NEVER sinned since becoming a member of the so called "Elect?" What about 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" And, 1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." So, are you calling God a liar if you say you don't sin? Of course you are, the Bible says so. Tell us you NEVER sin Nang after reading these two verses of Scripture.

I really wonder about your eyesight . . where did you read that I said I never sin?

The law of sin remains in my members, and I rely daily on the promises of the verses you gave out.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would encourage everyone to read and study the writings of the Apostle Paul. (Romans through Philemon) You will find how to become a member of the Body of Christ and a Child of God through Paul's writings. Romans 10:17 states: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." If you're looking for saving faith, you'll find it in the writings of the Apostle Paul. For it is he who preaches the Grace Gospel today. That same Gospel is for Jew and Gentile alike. If you're not sure you're saved, pray to God before you open the Bible and read (Romans through Philemon) and pray that God will give you the wisdom and knowledge to understand what you're about to read. Tell God that you want to know how to enter eternal life and that you realize you're a sinner in need of forgiveness and a Savior which is the Lord Jesus Christ. I found eternal life by simply asking a question: "Am I going to Hell?" God brought me to a place where I found the answer. He'll do the same for you. If you have a question for God, simply ask Him and then, wait for the answer.

Right Divider

Body part
I always find it strange, when strong advocates of autonomous human free will, accuse God of causing sin when the discussion of predestination comes up. As if, God determining the fates of all men, somehow make Him the author of sin. Nada!

Sinners willfully choose to sin. That is what makes them sinners and that is what separates them from God.

This is the tragedy that Jesus Christ has reconciled . . bringing willful sinners back into favor with God through grace and faith and granting new spiritual freedom to choose not to sin again . . through union in Him.
And yet, according to my understanding of your doctrine, God chose saved and damned BEFORE any of the these people could have any chance to make these decisions.

BTW, thanks for the neg rep. Your doctrine is FULL of contradictions!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So Calvinists believe there's such a thing as deserving sinners.

Interesting.

I thought that interesting as well. I was led to believe that we were all under sin and needed a Savior? However, Nang has enlightened me to the fact, some are more "Deserving than others. She and AMR just happen to be more DESERVING than others. The reason being, they are Calvinists. What a coincidence?
Ignoring the answer given does not mean there is no answer to these sort of nonsensical statements. :AMR: But, carry on. You've been seen.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Both the Catholics and the Calvinists (Reformed) had/have it wrong. You and your ilk are placing far more trust in men of old, than you ought. One CANNOT look upon a verse such as Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" without seeing the frustration of Christ who is mourning the fact that His people (The Jews) chose to not follow after Him and worship Him alone. Yet, Calvinists would have us believe, "There is NO free will!" If there be NO free-will then, we are forced to accept that, God "WILLED" the Jews to not follow and worship Him alone. That is illogical and not the God that I know. That's not the God of the Bible. That's "Another God." The "Reformed" folks have changed the character and intent of the God of the Bible in order to have Him fit their false doctrines.

Asserted by you before and answered.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...here-Between&p=4558668&viewfull=1#post4558668

You just wave off actual exegesis and press onward, apparently due to memory retention issues:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Elected-Man&p=4634916&viewfull=1#post4634916

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You have completely missed the point of the sentence you have glommed onto by Nang. The point was the seeming inexplicability of God deeming to save anyone, for they were all undeserving sinners in Adam.

You are saved, right? Do you think you deserved to be saved? As in, do you think you possessed some merit that warranted anything from God other than His wrath and justice? Of course you do not. Hence, your going on about deserving this or that makes no sense at all.

- All are born sinners in Adam.
- All deserve God's justice and subsequent everlasting punishment for this is the result of sin against God.
- Yet, God, in His mercy, extended His salvific love to a great multitude of these sinners to the point of sacrificing His Son on their behalf to satisfy justice.
- Why did God choose some and not others? We do not know. We do know He did so for His own purposes and did not choose some because He saw some merit in them such that they deserved His mercy. God is a debtor to no man.
- In the face of this, we ask, is this a logical thing to do? Would any of us do such a thing? No we would not. Hence, the seeming illogic (to our feeble minds). Praise be to God that His ways are not our ways.

Get it now?

AMR

I'm sorry, I find your posts far too lenghthy and complicated. I haven't the patience for reading such fine writings. That's on me. I take full responsibility for that. So, I didn't read the entirety of your post. However, I did read Nang's post and it said what it said. You or nobody else can get around it or rationalize it in any way. Understand?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Asserted by you before and answered.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...here-Between&p=4558668&viewfull=1#post4558668

You just wave off actual exegesis and press onward, apparently due to memory retention issues:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Elected-Man&p=4634916&viewfull=1#post4634916

AMR

I'm not interested in following you around. You're wasting your time if you believe I'm interested in doing so. Please make your point simple and to the point. Otherwise, I lose interest readily.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would a Reformed believer pray for anyone to be saved? Because they are aware of the fact that God's sovereignty will prevail every time?
Because the very prayers lifted up are in the ordained means of God's ends. Do you actually think by your prayers you are informing God of something He does not already know? Is God sitting around wringing His hands hoping someone will call upon Him to do this or that or to be informed of the goings on withing all that He created?

Odd, that is.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I pray, I read, I study the Bible. However, when it comes to other languages, commentaries, scholarly dissertations, and what some group of individual's said 400 years ago, I have absolutely no interest. That's who you're dealing with here.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang's belief places the proverbial "Cart before the horse."
No, Nang and all Reformed recognize that the horse in question is actually dead, dry bones, and until quickened by God (regenerated), will never be able to pull the cart in question.

Your view vs. the Reformed view:

View attachment 24454

View attachment 24455

Spiritual corpses doe not resurrect themselves. :AMR:

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Because the very prayers lifted up are in the ordained means of God's ends. Do you actually think by your prayers you are informing God of something He does not already know? Is God sitting around wringing His hands hoping someone will call upon Him to do this or that or to be informed of the goings on withing all that He created?

Odd, that is.

AMR

God is aware of ALL. However, if I were a Calvinist, wouldn't I just leave the eternal destination of others to God? After all, you people believe that God already chose who He would save and who He would send into eternal damnation, right? Prayers of this manner are seemingly of no value if what you people believed was true. (which it's not) God is Sovereign and has chosen whom He would save according to you and your ilk, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.