ECT Sonship vs. Adoption

Cross Reference

Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19

Luke 3:22 KJV
After 30 yrs of "childhood"; after 30 years of being tutored in the ways of His Father, and when God announced Jesus to the world, what did God call Him?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19] ...After 30 yrs of "childhood"; after 30 years of being tutored in the ways of His Father, and when God announced Jesus to the world, what did God call Him?
:chz4brnz:

It's a yes or no question: Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19] So are my questions!!! Like the one above!!

Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19

Cross Reference

"For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" 2 Peter 1:17 (KJV)

Take a hike. Buy a Bible.

Danoh

Luke 3:22 KJV
After 30 yrs of "childhood"; after 30 years of being tutored in the ways of His Father, and when God announced Jesus to the world, what did God call Him?

Couldn't agree more!

And on that is the issue that John is dealing with - though John and his fellows were given power to become the sons of God, John 1:12 - it is not complete, as their nation - Israel's - is a corporate sonship and is yet future - thus; the constant reference to them as "children."

Exodus 4:

22. And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
23. And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Matthew 13:

36. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Acts 3:

23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Whereas the Body, being that it is in Christ is "no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ," Gal. 4: 7... all that awaits is that other aspect of the equation - "the redemption of our body, Rom. 8:23... "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself," Philip. 3:21...and with that, our sonship then matching "unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" Eph. 4: 13...of His Sonship.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Couldn't agree more!

And on that is the issue that John is dealing with - though John and his fellows were given power to become the sons of God, John 1:12 - it is not complete, as their nation - Israel's - is a corporate sonship and is yet future - thus; the constant reference to them as "children.".

But it is complete! Forget the nation. Apply it to individuals as the verse speaks of.

By the new birth are we made the children of God, enabled to be groomed by the [indwelling] Holy Spirit unto becoming a son __ just as Jesus became, as the example He set for us up until His transfiguration. Beyond that point, when He crossed over into Glory, we have nothing to do with. Ergo, Israel has nothing to do with it, either..

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barnabas 6

11 Since then he made us new by the remission of sins he made us another type, that we should have the soul of children, as though he were creating us afresh.

12 For it is concerning us that the scripture says that he says to the Son, "Let us make man after our image and likeness, and let them rule the beasts of the earth, and the birds of heaven, and the fishes of the sea." And the Lord said, when he saw our fair creation, "Increase and multiply and fill the earth"; these things were spoken to the Son.
Just as a point of info:
There are two books which carry the name of Barnabas.
The Gospel of Barnabas.
The Epistle of Barnabas.
They are not the same.

What you have posted is from The Epistle of Barnabas.

:carryon:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Just as a point of info:
There are two books which carry the name of Barnabas.
The Gospel of Barnabas.
The Epistle of Barnabas.
They are not the same.

What you have posted is from The Epistle of Barnabas.

:carryon:

Yup.

It is an interesting story how I came by it.

I first found it in a book called the Forgotten books of the Bible.

I checked it out of a small town library.

A couple of weeks after I returned it, I wanted to check it out again.

It was not in it's regular place, so I asked the librarian if somebody else had checked it out.

She said no and had lost the card and did not know where it was.

So I asked the Lord where it was, I walked right to the isle and reached up and plucked it off the shelf.

Granted it is a small library with only 7 isles and five tiers in each, but hey, what were the odds? :wave:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Was there ever a time that he was not God, the second person of the trinity? Ps 2:7, Jn 8:58, Col. 1:15–19] ...2 Peter 1:17 (KJV)

Take a hike. Buy a Bible.
:chz4brnz: God's word is trustworthy.

As a reminder Cross Reference is number 7 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the misc category. :burnlib:

"2 Pe 1:17 Excellent Glory. A reference to the glory cloud on the Mt. of Transfiguration from which God spoke to the disciples (Matt. 17:5). This is My beloved Son. This means, “This One is in essence with Me.” The Father is thus affirming the deity of Christ (cf. Matt. 17:5; Luke 9:27–36)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1954). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

:chz4brnz: God's word is trustworthy.

As a reminder is number 46 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

"2 Pe 1:17 Excellent Glory. A reference to the glory cloud on the Mt. of Transfiguration from which God spoke to the disciples (Matt. 17:5). This is My beloved Son. This means, “This One is in essence with Me.” The Father is thus affirming the deity of Christ (cf. Matt. 17:5; Luke 9:27–36)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1954). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Well, I am a Trinitarian. So now, where does that leave you?

Cross Reference

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." Romans 8:14, 13 (KJV)

By degrees will it be learned with the enablement always being factored in, if in good standing. It is part and parcel of becoming a son.

Cross Reference

:yawn: Nothing loaded about it. :dizzy: A simple yes or no would have sufficed. :mario:

As a reminder Cross Reference is number 7 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the misc. category. :burnlib:

See:

Godrulz

I take no pleasure in ever calling anyone a disingenuous, obtuse, obfuscating, liar but, you make it to be as an invitation thus leaving me without conviction. I'm sure you won't have any objection if I don't respond to you any further. Too bad if you do.