Some popular false statements about Christ cleared up scripturally

bsmitts

Only God himself can speak things into existence. We Christians do not have this ability. God does not nor ever needed faith. God is the object of our faith. (John 16:30-31) Jesus is God. He had all Godly attributes and powers of The Father, but he chose not to exercise all of those attributes. (Matthew 28:18; John 8:58; John 10:30; John 14:9; Matthew 9:2; John 1:1-5; Revelation 1:11. Jesus is the ONLY begotten son of God! We Christians are adopted children of God. What one believes about Jesus determines where they spend eternity! It's not enough just to believe in Jesus. You have to believe in all aspects of him by rightly dividing what is recorded in scripture. Jesus' physical death paid the price for sin in full! Jesus DID NOT EVER die spiritually. Jesus was baptized, but NEVER had to be "born again." Jesus, on the cross, endured much physical suffering, but he did not turn into sin. He was made the final sin offering for us. He bore our sins and when Jesus bore them, the full undiluted wrath of God was poured out on him (his own son) and Jesus drank in every drop of His Father's fury FOR YOU! God's fury! Jesus, on the cross, was never separated from his Father in his deity. God cannot be divided against himself. I know people have taught he and his Father were separated at some point. this. It's a lie. Remember these words? "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit." He was not separated from The Father. And it's not all about you and me. Yes Christ died for sin, but he also died satisfy God's wrath! I don't think unbelievers really understand God's Wrath. But I guarantee them that when they do, they will fall down as a dead man for his mercy. Make the right choice. Trust in Christ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We Christians are adopted children of God.

That's not what Jesus said. He said, "Go to My brethren and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God." (John 20:17 NKJV)

We must be born of the Spirit but conception comes before birth. At this time we are only begotten of the Spirit but not yet born of the Spirit.

bsmitts

That's not what Jesus said. He said, "Go to My brethren and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God." (John 20:17 NKJV)

We must be born of the Spirit but conception comes before birth. At this time we are only begotten of the Spirit but not yet born of the Spirit.

There was, is, and only ever will be one begotten son of God "Jesus." Ephesians 1:5 Romans 8:15. So I take it that you believe we are at this time not born again but begotten of the Holy Spirit? where's that scripture?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There was, is, and only ever will be one begotten son of God "Jesus."

Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit as a human, but he did not have a human father. We must be begotten by the Holy Spirit to be the firstborn of the Spirit.

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect. (Hebrews 12:22-23 NKJV)​

bsmitts

Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit as a human, but he did not have a human father. We must be begotten by the Holy Spirit to be the firstborn of the Spirit.

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect. (Hebrews 12:22-23 NKJV)​

"ONLY" begotten Son!!! John 3:16.

daqq

I know people have taught he and his Father were separated at some point. this. It's a lie. Remember these words? "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit." He was not separated from The Father. And it's not all about you and me.

:thumb:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"ONLY" begotten Son!!! John 3:16.

Yes, God did not make a habit of impregnating women, this was a one time thing. However, in the spiritual sense we have the same father and mother as Jesus.

bsmitts

Yes, God did not make a habit of impregnating women, this was a one time thing. However, in the spiritual sense we have the same father and mother as Jesus.

Firstly, Jesus didn't have a biological Father but a mother. Therefore, I don't see your reasoning when you say we have Mary as "our spiritual mother." This sounds like Catholicism, which I do not condone. Secondly, yes we do have YHWH as our spiritual Father, however we are not eternally begotten of God as was Jesus. We are God's adopted children through the work of the atonement.
Once again Ephesians 1:4-5; Romans 8:15-16

RBBI

The only begotten Son of the Father was the SEED. Only begotten means THERE'S ONLY ONE, and because all seeds bear fruit after their own kind and Father is a SPIRIT, then it follows according to the laws He established, that the Son too is Spirit. Which is why He was called Abraham's SEED, singular, not plural, and why He could say before Abraham was (and the flesh man Jesus was born) I am. ONE SEED that fell to the ground, producing much fruit (a body have You prepared for Me). Blessings...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Firstly, Jesus didn't have a biological Father but a mother. Therefore, I don't see your reasoning when you say we have Mary as "our spiritual mother." This sounds like Catholicism, which I do not condone.

Mary was Jesus' biological mother and it was the Holy Spirit that caused Mary to become pregnant.

However, I'm referring to Jesus' spiritual mother who is the same as ours, the mother of us all. (Galatians 4:26 NKJV)

Bradley D

Paul wrote in his epistles that we are the adopted children of God.

bsmitts

Mary was Jesus' biological mother and it was the Holy Spirit that caused Mary to become pregnant.

However, I'm referring to Jesus' spiritual mother who is the same as ours, the mother of us all. (Galatians 4:26 NKJV)

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Virgin Mary.