So, hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraJo

Hi. What should I say? I'm a 31 year old agnostic who used to consider herself leaning towards atheist but now I'm moving on to leaning towards Buddhism (although, I guess I still call myself an atheist; see if you can figure that out yourself!). I'm a full-time student but otherwise, at the moment, unemployed, and planning on becoming a registered nurse. Truth is, part of the reason I got started on this forum is because I want to clear my thinking for when I get back into school and when I was on theological themed forums back about ten or so years ago, I felt like I was thinking alot more clearly.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi. What should I say? I'm a 31 year old agnostic who used to consider herself leaning towards atheist but now I'm moving on to leaning towards Buddhism (although, I guess I still call myself an atheist; see if you can figure that out yourself!). I'm a full-time student but otherwise, at the moment, unemployed, and planning on becoming a registered nurse. Truth is, part of the reason I got started on this forum is because I want to clear my thinking for when I get back into school and when I was on theological themed forums back about ten or so years ago, I felt like I was thinking alot more clearly.

Hello,

You should become good Buddhist doctor, make family proud!

No worry about theology, you worry about chemistry book.

Take humble advice, you study hard, be doctor leave nurse to Americans.

TaraJo

Hello,

You should become good Buddhist doctor, make family proud!

No worry about theology, you worry about chemistry book.

Take humble advice, you study hard, be doctor leave nurse to Americans.

I -am- American. I was born in the Chicago area, moved to Oklahoma when I was six and now I live in Texas.

I want to be a nurse because I have an intense desire to help people when I see them suffering. I could be a doctor, but the training takes too long and I have other things I need to take care of before that.

Maybe I use dictionary definitions; depends on what the situation is. If what you want to know what I mean by an atheist who is also a Buddhist, truth is that, from what I know, Buddhism does NOT require a God. I believe in the Buddhist tenants but I don't believe in any God. I think that's about the simplest way to explain it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I -am- American. I was born in the Chicago area, moved to Oklahoma when I was six and now I live in Texas.

I want to be a nurse because I have an intense desire to help people when I see them suffering. I could be a doctor, but the training takes too long and I have other things I need to take care of before that.

Maybe I use dictionary definitions; depends on what the situation is. If what you want to know what I mean by an atheist who is also a Buddhist, truth is that, from what I know, Buddhism does NOT require a God. I believe in the Buddhist tenants but I don't believe in any God. I think that's about the simplest way to explain it.

Oh American, I see, sorry,

We come America, be good student, go medical school to honour family. Nurse no status, but doctor high status in my country, much respect, women doctor very good see? Like son with good business, women honored be doctor. America, everybody same, unless you movie star, or play ball game.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
my understanding of Buddha is that he believed we were once part of the whole and won't be satisfied until we get back to the whole

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
my understanding of Buddha is that he believed we were once part of the whole and won't be satisfied until we get back to the whole

People sad be so far from soul, once all one, had honour. Then people become divided, need find way home, back to God, be one with spirit. Savy?

Status
Not open for further replies.