Should governments execute murderers?

Should governments execute murderers?

• OTHER - Explain below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aimiel

Hangin's too good fer 'em. String 'em up by their thumbs and beat them to death slowly.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hang 'em. It's cost effective because you can re-use the rope.

TheDude

Quick and easy. No reason to prolong it. Besides, they've been sitting on death row for a while and have had plenty of time to think about it. No reason to drag it out. Plus, that would be easier for the people who have to do the killing.

Redfin

Yes.

It has been so from the beginning.

Genesis 9:6 - Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man.

The teaching of the New Testament in no way changed this principle.

Romans 13:4 - "...for it (authority) does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."

It should be done quickly though. "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All "for" so far. Very promising. :up:

ebenz47037 said:
Hang 'em. It's cost effective because you can re-use the rope.

:chuckle:

TheDude

I'm not for because of deep seeded "religious", "moral", or "ethical" reasons. To me its just practical. People who commit murder, rape, and who are traitors to their country, should be exicuted. For anything past those listed above, you had better have a really good argument.

Oh, plus people who steal cattle, and horses. You know, just as a throw back to "cow boy" justice.

Evee

Murders should be excuted if you take a life you should be willing to give up yours.
If murders child molesters rapists got a quick death sentence they may think before they act.

I answered "yes" in the poll, because I do not oppose the use of captial punishment in some cases.

For example, in the case of the capture of say, Osama Bin Laden, I would expect him to be executed.

However, I think that the death penalty should be reserved as a 'nuclear option' in that it should be very rarely used and only in extreme circumstances.

Why? Because in spite of it's benefits, widespread use of the death penalty carries one tremendous liability: the virtual certainty that an innocent will be convicted of a crime not committed, and executed (murdered) by the state. In my mind, it's better that 10 murderers live than a single innocent be executed for a crime not committed.

Life without parole, especially in a place like Supermax, is probably worse than death, anyway.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Real Sorceror said:
Heck ya! If you kill a guy, we kill you back! Thats how its gotta be!

No, it is if you MURDER a guy and are found guilty, then we will KILL you.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
The death penalty isn't a deterrent! It's inhuman and Christ repealed eye for an eye!

Sorry, I'm just not used to all this agreement...

Balder

The people who saw the most innocent man in history get strung up and brutally killed by a corrupt government and a selfish people, and who believe all human beings are hopelessly wicked and untrustworthy (meaning their social institutions are bound to be as well), ALSO want to reinstitute a system of swift execution!