Shavuah Tov!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. I'll try again. First century Judaism was not consistent with the Torah. Jesus explained over and over and over to those who would listen to him that the Pharisaic understanding fell short of the Father's intent. Jesus was sent to expand the Pharisaic understanding and to correct their perversion of the law.

Now the Pharisaic teachings have been further perverted by Rabbinical teachings.

You're caught up in a false religion. Free yourself.
Jesus observed and taught the Law. You should not seek to free yourself from it. I do not know what you mean. Free myself from what?

beameup

Here are a few terms associated with Yom Teruah.
Rosh Hashanah - "head of the year" (most Jews today are only familiar with this term alone)

Yom HaDin - "day of judgment"
HaMelech - King's coronation/marriage
Yom HaKeseh - "the hidden day"
Chevlai shel Mashiach - "birth-pangs of Messiah"
Teshuvah - "repentance"
Kiddushin - wedding ceremony
Natzal - resurrection
Shofar HaGadol - "last trumpet blast" (very LOUD and LONG)
"Opening of the gates"

I'll allow you to "sort-through" these and determine which apply to the "church" (Body of Christ) and which apply to Jews (ie: "Hebrews").

TweetyBird

Do you know what the word Teruah means?

It means a loud shout of joy, a shout of warning/alarm, and blowing [of a trumpet]. The text, in Hebrew, can mean one of those three things.

I observe the three feasts and seven holy days of Torah. Yom Teruah is one of the seven holy days. It is at the beggining of the seventh month, so it is also Rosh Chodesh, the Head of the Month.

I did not say that Yom Teruah was not a feast of the Lord given to Israel. What I said is that one does not know if a trumpet was blown or if a loud shout was given, because the text does not say so. In other words, it is only opinion. There is no other verse in the OT that shows Yom Teruah was a blowing of trumpets.

There are many verses showing that teruah means a loud shout:

1Sa 4:5
And when the ark of the covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout [teruah], so that the earth rang again.

1Ch 15:28
Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting [teruah], and with sound [teruah] of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.

2 Ch 15:14
And they sware unto the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting [teruah], and with trumpets, and with cornets.

Ezr 3
11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout [teruah], when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
12 But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted [teruah] aloud for joy:
13 So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout [teruah] of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout [teruah], and the noise was heard afar off.

Job 8:21
Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing [teruah].

Job 33:26
He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy [teruah]: for he will render unto man his righteousness.

Job 39:25
He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting [teruah].

Ps 27:6
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore willI offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy [teruah];I will sing, yea,I will sing praises unto the LORD.

TweetyBird

Here are a few terms associated with Yom Teruah.
Rosh Hashanah - "head of the year" (most Jews today are only familiar with this term alone)

Yom HaDin - "day of judgment"
HaMelech - King's coronation/marriage
Yom HaKeseh - "the hidden day"
Chevlai shel Mashiach - "birth-pangs of Messiah"
Teshuvah - "repentance"
Kiddushin - wedding ceremony
Natzal - resurrection
Shofar HaGadol - "last trumpet blast" (very LOUD and LONG)
"Opening of the gates"

I'll allow you to "sort-through" these and determine which apply to the "church" (Body of Christ) and which apply to Jews (ie: "Hebrews").

None of them apply to the church because Rosh Hoshanna is a man made celebration. It does not occur in Scripture.

In Judaism, Rosh Hashanah, which means “New Year” commemorates creation and is the imminent arrival of God’s judgment, in Judaism. On this day, it is said that God inspects the books of judgment for every person. It is advantageous, then, for Jews to repent of their sin, and excise sin as well before that day [the month prior, called Elul]. It is a time of reviewing the past year to see if they owe anyone money or favors, as well as returning borrowed items. The days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur [Day of Atonement] are considered the “Days of Awe” in which the things one does during that time will guarantee how the year will go for them in regard to the judgment of God. It is also the time that God decides who will live or die in the coming year.

That list is Rabbinical. For instance, teshuvah does not mean repentance. Look it up in the Hebrew for yourself. Where are those other words in Scripture?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It means a loud shout of joy, a shout of warning/alarm, and blowing [of a trumpet]. The text, in Hebrew, can mean one of those three things.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

beameup

I did not say that Yom Teruah was not a feast of the Lord given to Israel. What I said is that one does not know if a trumpet was blown or if a loud shout was given, because the text does not say so. In other words, it is only opinion. There is no other verse in the OT that shows Yom Teruah was a blowing of trumpets.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel,
and with the trumpet of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up
together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

TweetyBird

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel,
and with the trumpet of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up
together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

What is your point?

TweetyBird

To what you said and i quoted you, clearly that verse shows both shout and trumpet.

I posted this: ["It [teruah] means a loud shout of joy, a shout of warning/alarm, or blowing [of a trumpet]. The text, in Hebrew, can mean one of those three things.'}

What does the feast of Yom Teruah have to do with 1 Thess 4:16?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

There are many verses showing that teruah means a loud shout:

1Sa 4:5
And when the ark of the covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout [teruah], so that the earth rang again.

1Ch 15:28
Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting [teruah], and with sound [teruah] of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.

2 Ch 15:14
And they sware unto the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting [teruah], and with trumpets, and with cornets.

Ezr 3
11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout [teruah], when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
12 But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted [teruah] aloud for joy:
13 So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout [teruah] of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout [teruah], and the noise was heard afar off.

Job 8:21
Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing [teruah].

Job 33:26
He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy [teruah]: for he will render unto man his righteousness.

Job 39:25
He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting [teruah].

Ps 27:6
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore willI offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy [teruah];I will sing, yea,I will sing praises unto the LORD.
Have you seen Leviticus 23 and Numbers 29 in reference to (Yom) Teruah? I have said it is the Day of Trumpets. Certainly yom means day. Thus I ask what Teruah means. I believe it means Trumpets. Of course we mean a Shofar. With a trumpet or rather a shofar we have blowing, some say. You have said the word can be translated as a loud shout. So, I guess I am still learning. But when people ask what Yom Teruah means I have said Day of Trumpets. I have heard Feast of Trumpets. But I know Yom means Day. Shalom. Thank you.

Yom Teruah has passed.

TweetyBird

Have you seen Leviticus 23 and Numbers 29 in reference to (Yom) Teruah? I have said it is the Day of Trumpets. Certainly yom means day. Thus I ask what Teruah means. I believe it means Trumpets. Of course we mean a Shofar. With a trumpet or rather a shofar we have blowing, some say. You have said the word can be translated as a loud shout. So, I guess I am still learning. But when people ask what Yom Teruah means I have said Day of Trumpets. I have heard Feast of Trumpets. But I know Yom means Day. Shalom. Thank you.

You seem unable to accept that there was no shofar blown on Yom Teruah. There was only one time in the Laws of Moses that the shofar was blown - at Yom Kippur. Why don't you look it up for yourself instead of repeating the same error over and over again?

The Hebrew does not indicate if there was a shout or a trumpet. But this I know, when a trumpet was blown the word "blow" appears in the Hebrew. The word "blow" does not appear in Lev 23 or in Num 29 when the word teruah is used on the first day of the seventh month.

Yom Teruah has passed.

Yom Teruah passed away when Jesus died on the cross.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You seem unable to accept that there was no shofar blown on Yom Teruah. There was only one time in the Laws of Moses that the shofar was blown - at Yom Kippur. Why don't you look it up for yourself instead of repeating the same error over and over again?

The Hebrew does not indicate if there was a shout or a trumpet. But this I know, when a trumpet was blown the word "blow" appears in the Hebrew. The word "blow" does not appear in Lev 23 or in Num 29 when the word teruah is used on the first day of the seventh month.

Yom Teruah passed away when Jesus died on the cross.
The Shofar is blown on Yom Teruah. I believe you are mistaken. Do we need to, or should we, discuss this more?

I was saying that Yom Teruah, a holy day of Torah (one of the seven), the first day of the seventh month, has passed. Why do you say Yom Teruah passed away when Jesus died on the cross? Some say Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts but not yet the fall feasts (there are three annual feasts, celebrated each year, mentioned in Torah, where the men of Israel appear before God). I am curious to understand what you are saying as well. It is important for you, as with each person alive, to understand what you believe and why you believe it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am closing this thread.

I am closing this thread.

TweetyBird,

I am closing this thread. Your thoughts are important, and what you have expressed here has led to my response and questions of you. This thread was a good week, signalled the beginning of the week albeit the evening of the first day, and yet the day before Yom Teruah. My final question is does Teruah mean trumpets, blowing, or shouting? I have that Yom Teruah means Day of Trumpets, but actually the Shofar. You made a comment and said something to the effect of that this is not true, that the Shofar is not sounded on Yom Teruah or that it is not the Day of Trumpets. You said the Shofar is sounded on Yom Kippur. This can all be a learning for all of us, as we study these things. God bless, and enjoy the Sabbath! It is the Jewish Sabbath, and it is the Sabbath of the Ten Commandments which are Jewish as with the rest of the Law. But you can observe the Sabbath if you worship the one true God, the God of Israel, and if you have made a decision to obey or observe His commands. I pray that you will if you have not done so already. This thread is closed as the week ends, and in observation of the Sabbath following the six days of work except for Yom Teruah / Rosh Chodesh / and even Rosh HaShana if you observe it (two days) this week.

Shalom.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.