September at TOL.

C

cattyfan

No. He's a desperate man looking for hope...and he's a sinner. Scum? I don't think so. He comports himself with an amazing, engaging, and moving dignity...not easy when someone has been at the top of the world and then brought to a low and difficult point as he has.

Perhaps some compassion could temper the harsh judgements for someone to whom you haven't actually spoken. After all, if one mistake or one mistaken judgement renders one scum, then he's not floating on top of the pond alone.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lovejoy

YOU WHAT!?!!? Frankly, that makes you the coolest person here, hands down. WOW! :thumb:
No it doesn't. Did you see that avatar she used a couple of months ago?

elohiym

Originally posted by cattyfan

Perhaps some compassion could temper the harsh judgements for someone to whom you haven't actually spoken. After all, if one mistake or one mistaken judgement renders one scum, then he's not floating on top of the pond alone.
True.

But he is a public figure, and if he is outspoken for something that is clearly a loveless act, the spirit of love must be heard publically against his choice. Sometimes the spirit of love sounds like: Viper! Hypocrite! Whited tomb!.....Scum!

It tends to get people's attention, and makes them think about what could be making others so vocal against their choices.

C

cattyfan

The celebration continues! Happy Straight Mate Month!

:straight: :straight: :straight: :straight: :straight:

Crow

I hope y'all will excuse me--I'm going to take a break from the straight motif for one day to do a 9-11 signature and avatar. The straight theme will be back 9-12, and as always, y'all can still vote for TOL by clicking the link in my signature.

philosophizer

:bannana: Yea! I just had an anniversary! :jump:
My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary on the 13th. I took her on a picnic on the beach of Lake Michigan. Marriage is such an awesome gift! I love her more than I can ever say, though I still often try.

Happy September everyone! :wave:

erinmarie

AWWW! Happy Anniversary! We just had an anniversary at the beginning of the month, but no picnics for us! We had a romantic dinner boat cruise planned, and they cancelled it because of the weather!! We will be able to reschedule though...blargh!

We try to do something romantic every once in awhile, we really enjoy going out to dinner in a quiet place and have someone serve us dinner... :ha: but sometimes it's just as rewarding to get our girls to bed and watch a movie.

We've been together for 7 years, and did lots of fun and exciting things together before our daughter was born, spent almost everyday together for three years, and someday we'll have lots of time to spend together and grow old. So when people pick on me, or think it's strange that I'm a young wife and mother, and like to spend all my time here at home with them, it's simply explained. Sometimes there are things more rewarding than parties and trips and spending large amounts of money. And if anyone would have any doubts, they should look in the subscribers pics thread, and then I'm sure they'd understand. ;)
(Sorry if I'm being defensive, I just left a part time job where I realized in a very short amount of time that I shouldn't' have taken it in the first place)

philosophizer

Originally posted by erinmarie
Sometimes there are things more rewarding than parties and trips and spending large amounts of money. And if anyone would have any doubts, they should look in the subscribers pics thread, and then I'm sure they'd understand. ;)

:thumb:

Happy anniversary to you too!

Chileice

Originally posted by philosophizer

My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary on the 13th. I took her on a picnic on the beach of Lake Michigan. Marriage is such an awesome gift! I love her more than I can ever say, though I still often try.

Well congratulations. Start saving for your 20th. Cause it just gets better as you go. My wife and I celebrated 20 in Brazil and had an awesome time. Better than a honeymoon. Straight is Great! But, you know, God knew that all along, didn't he? Too bad more people don't get the message. Congrats on your first year and here's to 60 more!:cheers: (Although my mugs are full of rootbeer!)

the Sibbie

Originally posted by philosophizer

Happy Anniversary, Philo and Wife! :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Happy anniversary, Philo & wife, and Erinmarie & husband! :thumb: Yay for heterosexuality! :bannana:

C

cattyfan

September is a fine month for an wedding! :D Happy anniversary, y'all!

:straight:

beanieboy

You know, what y'all do in your own bedroom is your business, but you don't need to flaunt it... ;)

Congrats on your Hetero Pride Celebration.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Is it time to bring this back yet?
Yes!

September is always "Straight Pride" month at TOL.

Celebrate!!! If you are straight!

September will be straight pride month at TOL.

September will be for celebrating heterosexuality and morality for all the world to see! It will be a coming out party of sorts!

Straight Pride month is not intended to be a "bash the homo's month" but instead a focus on real morality and true family values.

Cool banners, avatars etc should be in order (sorta like a "straight pride" parade).

If you were born straight... it's time to celebrate!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm posting the pic I want for an avatar. It's too big for me to use. So, I would appreciate it greatly if someone would re-size it 100 X 100 and put ebenz on it for me (Turbo?). Thank you!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
I'm posting the pic I want for an avatar. It's too big for me to use. So, I would appreciate it greatly if someone would re-size it 100 X 100 and put ebenz on it for me (Turbo?). Thank you!