ECT Seeking list of Hebrews verses from MADs/D'ists that are allowed for Christians

Interplanner

Please post your list soon. I love the book, but found out only a few verses are for me/us Christians. Dang. Hope you can produce it soon.

Interplanner

don't have a list but this verse comes to mind

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Yeah! But of course we have to check with 2P2P folks about what is allowed here, don't you know.

way 2 go

Yeah! But of course we have to check with 2P2P folks about what is allowed here, don't you know.
you do have to rightly divide scripture

Heb 8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
Heb 8:9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Interplanner

you do have to rightly divide scripture

Heb 8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
Heb 8:9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1, that's not what the expression 'rightly divide' means AT ALL
2, Look at the features of the new covenant: is anything not true for non-Jewish believers?
3, Is anything not universal about Hebrews even though spoken to 'the Hebrews'? What exactly? That's why I asked for a list of verses but STP, RD, Must, Tam, no one will make the list. It is not a stupid question.

Interplanner

What was the old covenant list of stuff you were doing before you got a new one to do?

Lots of people do things that they think will clear up sin or give them an advantage, apart from the law. They just increase shame, fear, guilt.

The question is: what list of verses are in Hebrews that are allowed to Christians to cite?

Interplanner

And I forget .......... are you of the house of Judah, or of the house of Israel?

It doesn't matter anymore in Christ, just like the land doesn't matter anymore in ch 11 because they were seeking the one coming from heaven. But if you are talking to Jews, you can mention those houses, as long as you don't obscure or undercut the Christian point--that which is true IN CHRIST.

Interplanner

Who does scripture say GOD made the new covenant with?

All believers in the last supper, I Cor 10, 2 cor 3-5, but you guys don't read those, so I guess they are gentile verses, and you only read Jewish verses so-called in Hebrews.

Your question is the height of dishonesty to me Tam. I have shown it to RD for months and he bails.

Interplanner

And then there is the problem of the present tense, and THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. All those things are for us, now. It seems that you fracture whatever you touch.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All believers in the last supper, I Cor 10, 2 cor 3-5, but you guys don't read those, so I guess they are gentile verses, and you only read Jewish verses so-called in Hebrews.

Your question is the height of dishonesty to me Tam. I have shown it to RD for months and he bails.
List the verses that says who GOD made the new covenant with.
Let's take a look at them.

Interplanner

List the verses that says who GOD made the new covenant with.
Let's take a look at them.

They are for all believers because the new covenant is now and is Christ for all nations, Is 42. The reunification of Israel is in Christ, not a separate event.

Or you could look at it this way: why would Christ celebrate the new covenant being in effect and fulfillment and then go get crucified? That REALLY has a lot to do with restoring the kingdom to Israel, doesn't it? It reminds me of the preacher who thought that at some point in his Millenium, Christ was going to be crucified again, because the sacrificial system needed to be fulfilled, again!!!

Interplanner

So in 2 days, the MAD 2P2Ps cannot provide any verses from Hebrews that are for Christians generally, Jewish or not. Welcome to the chopped up, compartmentalized, fragmented Bible folks!

Interplanner

Tetelestai never could either.

The last supper, the recap of it in I Cor 10 and 2 Cor 3-5. What's that: 40, 50? But if you know how 'in Christ' works, it doesn't matter. It is through Christ, which is what Is 42 is about--making the Servant a covenant for the nations.

Interplanner

The last supper, the recap of it in I Cor 10 and 2 Cor 3-5. What's that: 40, 50? But if you know how 'in Christ' works, it doesn't matter. It is through Christ, which is what Is 42 is about--making the Servant a covenant for the nations.

And, nice try trying to be proactive, but actually its evasive. Your task is to list the ones that are for Christians in Hebrews. A bluff is not a list.