Seeking honest respectful discussion of my disagreement with Christian theology.

Randy Ruggles

Yes, I would like to know why also. I'm a Christian but I'm open to being wrong in some areas and have changed my views on certain doctrines - the most important ones being the immortal soul and hell. My foundation, though, is still that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God.

JonathanSpires

Theology(the study of God) can not be flawed as it is a studying(constant searching of understanding of who God is). This can not be flawed mainly because if you have begun to study His ways, then you have not understood everything about Him. So your ignorance to who He is voids your comment that He is flawed. Those who say they "studied" who He is know that they will never understand fully His ways, so they would never say that He is flawed. As high as the heavens are above the earth so are God's ways above ours. Who has know the ind of God?

Jonathan

I will, in the next post, address your statement to Christian Theology...

JonathanSpires

Now to your terminology "Christian Theology":
What is Christian Theology, Muslim Theology, Hindu Theology, Buddhist Theology, Greek Theology, etc?

Is there not One God of which we speak when we say Theology? If not then you can stop there and conclude that it's not the study but the student that is in fact flawed in his perspective. Even these "polytheistic" religions will concede that the various Gods(deities) are branches, descendants, or creation of one God. Thus even the polytheists are all monotheistic in their root and simply do not understand the origins of their religion or their God. for this you can refer to my first post.

Jonathan

DilatedMind

Yes, I would like to know why also. I'm a Christian but I'm open to being wrong in some areas and have changed my views on certain doctrines - the most important ones being the immortal soul and hell. My foundation, though, is still that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God.

I mean, I know this whole thread is a bit silly, but, really?
Do you get that it's not, in any conceivable way, consistent to say that you're open to being wrong about something and then state that the thing you're open to being wrong about is the inerrant, infallible word of (a) god?

Inerrant and infallible are words that actually mean something. You've made a rather bold and incoherent statement, have you not?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find Christian theology to be greatly flawed.

I completely agree with you busyman

Can you both elaborate? For example, what are your views on the following:

1. the Trinity

2. the full deity and humanity of Christ

3. the spiritual lostness of the human race

4. the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ

5. salvation by faith alone in Christ alone

6. assurance of eternal security of your salvation

7. the physical return of Christ

8. the authority and inerrancy of Scripture

I am genuinely looking forward to your responses.

AMR

Brie_mw

1.There's no trinity. Just one.
2.There was no Jesus and if there was he was a regular teacher
3.The human race is soo lost spirituality it's disgusting
4.I don't think he resurrected from the dead I think he might of reincarnated into someone else.
5. There is no Christ
6. I will go into the stars where my home is
7. That's not happening
8.most of scripture is a lie

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I find Christian theology to be greatly flawed.

If the Bible is true and only those who have asked God to forgive their sin and been born again can understand this vicarious substitution and see the Kingdom of God, what would we expect to find?

We would expect to find many who testify to a new birth, a regeneration that opens their eyes, heals their hearts and translates them into the Kingdom of God. We find that this is the exact testimony of millions of Christians around the world.

We would also expect that some would say they find
Christian theology to be greatly flawed because their eyes have not yet been opened.

Congratulations, you just served the Lord by proving the Bible to be true!! Now let's talk about this Jesus who died for you...

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
1.There's no trinity. Just one.
2.There was no Jesus and if there was he was a regular teacher
3.The human race is soo lost spirituality it's disgusting
4.I don't think he resurrected from the dead I think he might of reincarnated into someone else.
5. There is no Christ
6. I will go into the stars where my home is
7. That's not happening
8.most of scripture is a lie

This is very convincing!

Have you ever thought of being an apologist?