Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

Lon

You childishly call me names: "manipulative unrepentant acting pagan"
Are you drinking? I am trying to tell you, demanding an apology from someone turning in a foul word is not acceptable. You don't get an apology from a policeman for a ticket. You don't get an apology from a bystander that records something, etc.
While you also take the rude word I used out of context and report me. I used it as an example of bad language that I disaprove of. Everyone can see that:http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ed-Scripture&p=5160158&viewfull=1#post5160158
:confused: "Liar" or "Ignorant blowhard?" You don't get into trouble at school for using either of these. You do for using your word. :idunno:
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I didn't call you a liar or a blowhard, and I don't cuss or swear. :idunno:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I believe she was saying that incense can be before both? Why would this be bad behavior? :idunno:

:confused: The other two aren't even Glory. Ya lost me.

Yes you are lost! You misunderstood what was said. You are also now being a busy body:

2 Thessalonians 3:11
Yet we hear that some of you are leading undisciplined lives and accomplishing nothing but being busybodies.

Lon

You can dish it out but you can't take it:)

1) I don't remember dishing anything out.
2) I can usually take whatever. I'm fine. If you must, go ahead, I just "don't get it." It has nothing to do with not being able to take it. :idunno:
Now you're being honest. :)
So acting out a little? Are any of us 'dumb' if we cannot read Greek? I can, and Daqq's post isn't over my head, but that doesn't necessarily make me 'smart' either.

I think a few of your buttons have been pushed in this thread. Other than "hitting the report button" that makes you infuriated. I think protecting Cobra is another one (a good one, even if I deem it misplaced), are there any others?

Yes you are lost! You misunderstood what was said. You are also now being a busy body:

2 Thessalonians 3:11
Yet we hear that some of you are leading undisciplined lives and accomplishing nothing but being busybodies.
Okay, that'd be a third, any others? Er, on this, then take it to a private thread. I don't think you understand the etiquette of this forum thingy yet. :think: I'm not a busybody, "JUST" reading YOUR links in a thread we are all reading. I didn't do anything but ask. "Butt out" I get. Sure, nice of you to ask so nicely, I'm gone. :wave:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I'm not sure what you think you're showing me, but I think you're just full of yourself, and my behaviour looks just fine. :banana:

I don't actually follow along these threads post by post, but respond when I see I've been quoted. When I saw you quoted me, I responded. Was I not supposed to read back and thank a poster that I agreed with? Please line me out on the rules you think I need to follow....

and then I'll make sure I DON'T follow them. :)

They are your posts not someone else's. If you have difficulty reading posts in a thread, should you be here?

glorydaz

Creep?
informal
a detestable person.
"I thought he was a nasty little creep"
synonyms: rogue, villain, wretch, reprobate; More

How on Earth did your twisted brain jump to that conclusion?

You also take the rude word I used out of context. I used it as an example of bad language that I disapprove of. Everyone can see that:http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5160158

Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Twisted brain? And he quotes a verse about hypocrites with his next breath? :chuckle:

There is no dictionary that can rightly say what I mean by such a word as creep. Allow me to translate.

An "incredible creep" is someone who refuses to fix their post unless they get an "apology".

I could have called you a blackmailing scumbag, but I decided to go light on ya. Just stop your excuses and man up. I'm so tired of adults playing the victim card.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Are you drinking? I am trying to tell you, demanding an apology from someone turning in a foul word is not acceptable. You don't get an apology from a policeman for a ticket. You don't get an apology from a bystander that records something, etc.

:confused: "Liar" or "Ignorant blowhard?" You don't get into trouble at school for using either of these. You do for using your word. :idunno:

I didn't call you a liar or a blowhard, and I don't cuss or swear. :idunno:

So your a police officer now who gives out tickets for swearing. :rotfl:

daqq

Can you give me the gist....dumb it down for me. :)

There are so many wonderful things we could be learning from the Bible instead of listening to these ninnies trying to nit pick it to death.

Here is an account from Chapter 16, (The Day of Atonement), of "THE TEMPLE - ITS MINISTRY AND SERVICE", (Alfred Edersheim), which goes into some detail about the duties if the chief priest in the great day. There is another account I am aware of but cannot remember where it comes from, (perhaps Josephus?), where it was said that the most difficult duty of the chief priest in this day was carrying the incense and the censer into the Most Holy place because he actually had to have two hands, (plural), full of incense and therefore was required to carry the censer under his armpit into the Most Holy place, (a task so difficult that the potential fill-ins and those who might be chief priest one day had to rigorously train for this duty). However when I went back to this account it was not the one I thought it was, but it makes the point concerning the censer clear enough, for it states that the one used in the great day, (Yom Kippurim), was larger and therefore different from a regular censer.

THE TEMPLE - ITS MINISTRY AND SERVICE, excerpt Ch. 16 (Alfred Edersheim)
The Confession of Sin and the Sacrifice
With this presentation of the scape-goat before the people commenced the third and most solemn part of the expiatory services of the day. The high-priest now once more returned towards the sanctuary, and a second time laid his two hands on the bullock, which still stood between the porch and the altar, to confess over him, not only as before, his own and his household's sins, but also those of the priesthood. The formula used was precisely the same as before, with the addition of the words, 'the seed of Aaron, Thy holy people,' both in the confession and in the petition for atonement. Then the high-priest killed the bullock, caught up his blood in a vessel, and gave it to an attendant to keep it stirring, lest it should coagulate. Advancing to the altar of burnt-offering, he next filled the censer with burning coals, and then ranged a handful of frankincense in the dish destined to hold it. Ordinarily, everything brought in actual ministry unto God must be carried in the right hand- the incense in the right and the censer in the left. But on this occasion, as the censer for the Day of Atonement was larger and heavier than usual, the high-priest was allowed to reverse the common order. Every eye was strained towards the sanctuary as, slowly bearing the censer and the incense, the figure of the white-robed high-priest was seen to disappear within the Holy Place. After that nothing further could be seen of his movements.

The Mercy-seat
The curtain of the Most Holy Place was folded back, and the high-priest stood alone and separated from all the people in the awful gloom of the Holiest of All, only lit up by the red glow of the coals in the priest's censer. In the first Temple the ark of God had stood there with the 'mercy-seat' over-shadowing it; above it, the visible presence of Jehovah in the cloud of the Shechinah, and on either side the outspread wings of the cherubim; and the high-priest had placed the censer between the staves of the ark. But in the Temple of Herod there was neither Shechinah nor ark- was empty; and the high-priest rested his censer on a large stone, called the 'foundation-stone.' He now most carefully emptied the incense into his hand, and threw it on the coals of the censer, as far from himself as possible, and so waited till the smoke had filled the Most Holy Place.

It very well could be that this censer was not kept in the Most Holy place until after the events of 2Chr 26:19, when king Uzziah went into the secondary sanctuary to burn incense with it in his hand. He may have picked it up from inside the secondary sanctuary as it may have been kept by the altar of incense, (we simply do not know because the text never tells us, at least as far as I know). If this is the case then it seems only logical that this very event and this very time would be when and why they began to keep it behind the veil in the Most Holy place. You probably do not need me to expound those passages I quoted from the Septuagint, (they surely speak of the censer and use the same word as I highlighted), for you can get the meaning from pretty much any English translation but especially in that case from the Brenton English translation of the Septuagint, (bible.hub, etc.). I'll post the Brenton:

2 Chronicles 26:19 LXX Brenton English Translation
19 And Ozias was angry, and in his hand was the censer
[το θυμιατηριον - G2369 - Heb 9:4] to burn incense in the temple: and when he was angry with the priests, then the leprosy rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the Lord, over the altar of incense [επανω του θυσιαστηριου των θυμιαματων].

"το θυμιατηριον" is most definitely "the censer", (not just "a censer"). Moreover what is used here for the altar of incense at the end of the statement is not the same word but the word for an altar, (G2379 θυσιαστηριον).

In the Ezekiel passage there can be no mistaking how the same word is used for censer: but this time it speaks not of "the censer" but the smaller common censers held by the priests and Levites, (showing even more positively that this word was indeed used for both censers and "the censer").

Ezekiel 8:11 LXX
11 και εβδομηκοντα ανδρες εκ των πρεσβυτερων οικου ισραηλ και ιεζονιας ο του σαφαν εν μεσω αυτων ειστηκει προ προσωπου αυτων και εκαστος θυμιατηριον αυτου ειχεν εν τη χειρι και η ατμις του θυμιαματος ανεβαινεν

Ezekiel 8:11 LXX Brenton English Translation
11 And seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel, and Jechonias the son of Saphan stood in their presence in the midst of them, and each one held his censer
[G2369 θυμιατηριον - Heb 9:4] in his hand; and the smoke of the incense went up.

glorydaz

Only after daqq explained it.

Ephesians 4:25
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

I hadn't read Daqq's post when I responded, as I already told you. I saw you'd quoted me, read your post, and was intrigued because of the Holy of Holies mention. I have studied the three courts of the temple for many years, and I was curious to see what you were trying to put over on this one.

Take note: If you accuse me of lying again, the gloves will HAVE to come off.

And, meaning no offense to Daqq, when I did go back and read his post I didn't understand what he was saying until I read it a couple more times. I always have to read his posts more than once. At least his posts are worth reading more than once.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Twisted brain? And he quotes a verse about hypocrites with his next breath? :chuckle:

There is no dictionary that can rightly say what I mean by such a word as creep. Allow me to translate.

An "incredible creep" is someone who refuses to fix their post unless they get an "apology".
Where did you get your dictionary in a cracker?
I could have called you a blackmailing scumbag, but I decided to go light on ya.

blackmail:

noun
the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding money from someone in return for not revealing compromising information which one has about them.

verb
demand money from (someone) in return for not revealing compromising information about them.

You should have asked for a dictionary for Christmas.

scumbag
nouninformal
a contemptible or objectionable person.

See that, that's you that is.

Just stop your excuses and man up. I'm so tired of adults playing the victim card.

Excuses? Victim card? What are you on about? Adult! At least you've got that right.

glorydaz

Where did you get your dictionary in a cracker?

blackmail:

noun
the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding money from someone in return for not revealing compromising information which one has about them.

verb
demand money from (someone) in return for not revealing compromising information about them.

You should have asked for a dictionary for Christmas.

scumbag
nouninformal
a contemptible or objectionable person.

See that, that's you that is.

Excuses? Victim card? What are you on about? Adult! At least you've got that right.

Gosh, the guy owns a dictionary. We should all give him a big shout out.

Anyway, you'll get over it. Just try to think before you post next time, and you won't have to get called on the carpet. One would think you'd be happy for some advice. :idunno:

Lon

I haven't drunk since 2012, not that I was an alcoholic.
I wasn't shooting you down for it, it just looks like you aren't up to posting on TOL tonight, to me. Some people post on pain pills, etc. and I try to never be the judge of that person. I don't have crushed discs or fibromyalgia or anything like that. I'm not the guy that throws the first or even the last stone.
I'm not your judge over such a matter. I'd suggest sleep then, or something similar. It just 'looks' to me like you aren't your best tonight. :think: Just a suggestion, didn't cost me or you anything.

It is a bit of a compliment as well, you DO write better than this, I've seen it. :e4e: -Lon

glorydaz

Here is an account from Chapter 16, (The Day of Atonement), of "THE TEMPLE - ITS MINISTRY AND SERVICE", (Alfred Edersheim), which goes into some detail about the duties if the chief priest in the great day. There is another account I am aware of but cannot remember where it comes from, (perhaps Josephus?), where it was said that the most difficult duty of the chief priest in this day was carrying the incense and the censer into the Most Holy place because he actually had to have two hands, (plural), full of incense and therefore was required to carry the censer under his armpit into the Most Holy place, (a task so difficult that the potential fill-ins and those who might be chief priest one day had to rigorously train for this duty). However when I went back to this account it was not the one I thought it was, but it makes the point concerning the censer clear enough, for it states that the one used in the great day, (Yom Kippurim), was larger and therefore different from a regular censer.

THE TEMPLE - ITS MINISTRY AND SERVICE, excerpt Ch. 16 (Alfred Edersheim)
The Confession of Sin and the Sacrifice
With this presentation of the scape-goat before the people commenced the third and most solemn part of the expiatory services of the day. The high-priest now once more returned towards the sanctuary, and a second time laid his two hands on the bullock, which still stood between the porch and the altar, to confess over him, not only as before, his own and his household's sins, but also those of the priesthood. The formula used was precisely the same as before, with the addition of the words, 'the seed of Aaron, Thy holy people,' both in the confession and in the petition for atonement. Then the high-priest killed the bullock, caught up his blood in a vessel, and gave it to an attendant to keep it stirring, lest it should coagulate. Advancing to the altar of burnt-offering, he next filled the censer with burning coals, and then ranged a handful of frankincense in the dish destined to hold it. Ordinarily, everything brought in actual ministry unto God must be carried in the right hand- the incense in the right and the censer in the left. But on this occasion, as the censer for the Day of Atonement was larger and heavier than usual, the high-priest was allowed to reverse the common order. Every eye was strained towards the sanctuary as, slowly bearing the censer and the incense, the figure of the white-robed high-priest was seen to disappear within the Holy Place. After that nothing further could be seen of his movements.

The Mercy-seat
The curtain of the Most Holy Place was folded back, and the high-priest stood alone and separated from all the people in the awful gloom of the Holiest of All, only lit up by the red glow of the coals in the priest's censer. In the first Temple the ark of God had stood there with the 'mercy-seat' over-shadowing it; above it, the visible presence of Jehovah in the cloud of the Shechinah, and on either side the outspread wings of the cherubim; and the high-priest had placed the censer between the staves of the ark. But in the Temple of Herod there was neither Shechinah nor ark- was empty; and the high-priest rested his censer on a large stone, called the 'foundation-stone.' He now most carefully emptied the incense into his hand, and threw it on the coals of the censer, as far from himself as possible, and so waited till the smoke had filled the Most Holy Place.

It very well could be that this censer was not kept in the Most Holy place until after the events of 2Chr 26:19, when king Uzziah went into the secondary sanctuary to burn incense with it in his hand. He may have picked it up from inside the secondary sanctuary as it may have been kept by the altar of incense, (we simply do not know because the text never tells us, at least as far as I know). If this is the case then it seems only logical that this very event and this very time would be when and why they began to keep it behind the veil in the Most Holy place. You probably do not need me to expound those passages I quoted from the Septuagint, (they surely speak of the censer and use the same word as I highlighted), for you can get the meaning from pretty much any English translation but especially in that case from the Brenton English translation of the Septuagint, (bible.hub, etc.). I'll post the Brenton:

2 Chronicles 26:19 LXX Brenton English Translation
19 And Ozias was angry, and in his hand was the censer
[το θυμιατηριον - G2369 - Heb 9:4] to burn incense in the temple: and when he was angry with the priests, then the leprosy rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the Lord, over the altar of incense [επανω του θυσιαστηριου των θυμιαματων].

"το θυμιατηριον" is most definitely "the censer", (not just "a censer"). Moreover what is used here for the altar of incense at the end of the statement is not the same word but the word for an altar, (G2379 θυσιαστηριον).

In the Ezekiel passage there can be no mistaking how the same word is used for censer: but this time it speaks not of "the censer" but the smaller common censers held by the priests and Levites, (showing even more positively that this word was indeed used for both censers and "the censer").

Ezekiel 8:11 LXX
11 και εβδομηκοντα ανδρες εκ των πρεσβυτερων οικου ισραηλ και ιεζονιας ο του σαφαν εν μεσω αυτων ειστηκει προ προσωπου αυτων και εκαστος θυμιατηριον αυτου ειχεν εν τη χειρι και η ατμις του θυμιαματος ανεβαινεν

Ezekiel 8:11 LXX Brenton English Translation
11 And seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel, and Jechonias the son of Saphan stood in their presence in the midst of them, and each one held his censer
[G2369 θυμιατηριον - Heb 9:4] in his hand; and the smoke of the incense went up.

Awesome post, Daqq. Thank you for taking the time to explain. :thumb:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I hadn't read Daqq's post when I responded, as I already told you. I saw you'd quoted me, read your post, and was intrigued because of the Holy of Holies mention. I have studied the three courts of the temple for many years, and I was curious to see what you were trying to put over on this one.

Take note: If you accuse me of lying again, the gloves will HAVE to come off.

And, meaning no offense to Daqq, when I did go back and read his post I didn't understand what he was saying until I read it a couple more times. I always have to read his posts more than once. At least his posts are worth reading more than once.

LAIR

#1729 patrick jane; "The serpent has been thoroughly spanked by Lon, john w, AMR, daqq, steko, Tam and glory."

#1746 Watchman; "Where was the altar of incense; in the Holy of Holies or the Holy place in the temple?"

#1762 Glorydaze; "Where is your head? Above your shoulders or on your neck? Same thing."

05:13 AM
#1777 daqq; "Incorrectly worded. Try the actual word itself, which is θυμιατηριον, and then go check for that word and how it is used and where it is located in 2Chr 26:19, (you may just find it located in the hand of an angry king who carried it into the sanctuary to burn incense in the temple by the altar of incense, (του θυσιαστηριου των θυμιαματων), lol).PS ~ After that go to Ezekiel 8:11."

You then thanked daqq for that post so you did see it! I then asked you the same question while I researched daqq's answer:

05:14 AM
#1778 Watchman; "Was the altar of incense in the Holy of Holies or the Holy place in the temple?"

05:29 AM
#1780; "It depends on when you're talking about. It was kept just without and brought in once a year. Lev. 16:12-13 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the Lord, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail: 13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:"

That gave you 15/16 mins to look at daqq's answer and to find the Lev 16:12 quote. Inorder to make it look like you knew.

IF you did know then it is even worse because rather than be nice and helpful and tell me the answer, you instead say something quite nasty; "Where is your head? Above your shoulders or on your neck? Same thing."

Either you're a liar or nasty. Not good either way.