• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Scientists Discover a Secret Ocean Floor

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why didn't you know what I was talking about when I said "heat problem."

You're going to have to explain what it is that you think is the heat problem, because as far as I can see, there is NO heat problem with the HPT.

Make the argument, don't just make blanket assertions without evidence.

I said "what heat problem" because there is no heat problem.

Did you not bother to read what I said in post #14?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a heat issue I haven't heard the answer to by HPT. The continents came to a stop, with all the energy not used to lift mountains turning into heat. It might not be a problem, but I don't think those numbers have been accurately enough calculated yet. It would be helpful to have those numbers.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why didn't you know what I was talking about when I said "heat problem."
Because you described a feature of the hydroplate theory that is in essence a planetary air conditioner set to "freezing."

The "heat problem" is typically linked to plate movement and radioactivity.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a heat issue I haven't heard the answer to by HPT. The continents came to a stop, with all the energy not used to lift mountains turning into heat. It might not be a problem, but I don't think those numbers have been accurately enough calculated yet. It would be helpful to have those numbers.
The energy didn't go to heat. It went to potential.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Because you described a feature of the hydroplate theory that is in essence a planetary air conditioner set to "freezing."

The "heat problem" is typically linked to plate movement and radioactivity.
But also to the forming of sedimentary rock.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But also to the forming of sedimentary rock.
Yeah, you mean like in that video?

I think that is based on the assumption that all the carbonate needed for the cement was derived from living organisms. That's not what the HPT proposes.

Before the flood, supercritical water in the subterranean chamber steadily dissolved certain minerals in the chamber’s floor and ceiling, making them increasingly porous and spongelike. This allowed even deeper dissolving. Rising temperatures in the chamber caused ... [carbonates] to precipitate onto the chamber floor. During the flood, the escaping subterranean water swept the precipitated [carbonates] up to the Earth’s surface.

https://hpt.rsr.org/onlinebook/Limestone2.html

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The energy didn't go to heat. It went to potential.
If that were true, the crust that fell into the place where the great deep had just evacuated its water would still be at the level it was before it fell. But that would only be true of the mountains that rose up, not the vast majority crust that took up residence in the great deep. All of that crust, if it moved, had to change that movement into heat when it stopped.

It doesn't mean that heat was a problem. But it would be nice if someone capable of calculating it could do so.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't mean that heat was a problem. But it would be nice if someone capable of calculating it could do so.
The only movement worth considering is the lateral sliding of the hydroplates.

When they stopped, the energy went to potential (and is being slowly released to today).

The real heat problem is at the core.

And, yeah, it genuinely is a problem. But for life, not for the HPT.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yeah, you mean like in that video?

I think that is based on the assumption that all the carbonate needed for the cement was derived from living organisms. That's not what the HPT proposes.

Before the flood, supercritical water in the subterranean chamber steadily dissolved certain minerals in the chamber’s floor and ceiling, making them increasingly porous and spongelike. This allowed even deeper dissolving. Rising temperatures in the chamber caused ... [carbonates] to precipitate onto the chamber floor. During the flood, the escaping subterranean water swept the precipitated [carbonates] up to the Earth’s surface.

https://hpt.rsr.org/onlinebook/Limestone2.html
It doesn't seem to depend on where the carbon came from. It seems to depend only on the quantity of sedimentary rock formed. The estimate they give for this sedimentary rock formation and hardening is one trillion megatons TNT. So how does that heat emission not cause true, non-survivable climate change (as opposed to all the fake survivable climate change hysterics common today)?

That's why I suggested that the ocean basins were so hot that they instantly vaporized a lot of water up into the upper atmosphere, giving up heat to space, and condensing and falling back down as regular rain, perpetuating the Flood, until the heat from forming all that new limestone was gone.

But like I said it would take a miracle to keep the Flood going on the continents for 150 days, it would require the Flood wasn't entirely natural.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't seem to depend on where the carbon came from. It seems to depend only on the quantity of sedimentary rock formed.

She describes the supposed problem 15 minutes in. The quantity matters because of the amount of calcite (carbonates) that need to form, a slightly exothermic process. Where those carbonates are sourced is different for her model than for Walt Brown's, but she doesn't make the adjustment.

The estimate they give for this sedimentary rock formation and hardening is one trillion megatons TNT.

That's also assuming it all happened at the surface.

So how does that heat emission not cause true, non-survivable climate change (as opposed to all the fake survivable climate change hysterics common today)?

Because it does not appreciate the assumptions of HPT. The carbonates were precipitated in a sealed, subterranean chamber, not from organisms, as the evolutionary model assumes. The heat went into the water sealed inside the planet and converted to kinetic when it escaped.

That's why I suggested that the ocean basins were so hot that they instantly vaporized a lot of water up into the upper atmosphere, giving up heat to space, and condensing and falling back down as regular rain, perpetuating the Flood, until the heat from forming all that new limestone was gone.

The energy went to kinetic, not heat.

If you boil a pot of water and pour it on your hand, it'll hurt.

If you boil the water in a sealed container with a tiny nozzle and open the nozzle so that it sprays out (given the pressure), it will not burn you (as long as you're not right at the opening).

The energy went to kinetic.

But like I said it would take a miracle to keep the Flood going on the continents for 150 days, it would require the Flood wasn't entirely natural.

Why?

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
She describes the supposed problem 15 minutes in. The quantity matters because of the amount of calcite (carbonates) that need to form, a slightly exothermic process. Where those carbonates are sourced is different for her model than for Walt Brown's, but she doesn't make the adjustment.

Weren't most of the reactions in the subterranean chamber regarding this process of releasing carbonates endothermic? Iow, the reactions resulted in less heat, not more?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only movement worth considering is the lateral sliding of the hydroplates.

When they stopped, the energy went to potential (and is being slowly released to today).

The real heat problem is at the core.

And, yeah, it genuinely is a problem. But for life, not for the HPT.
The reason the plates were moving at all was because they were going downhill.

Even if they are still moving today, the difference in their speed specifically from fast moving to slow moving in the flood, has to be accounted for by heat.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Sure. But the sideways movement is where all the energy budget goes.

Even if they are still moving today, the difference in their speed specifically from fast moving to slow moving in the flood, has to be accounted for by heat.

At the end of the fast phase, they piled upward. The energy is stored as potential in the continents.

The energy did not go to heat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

And sliding on an almost perfect lubricant.

Or the energy is stored, as Stripe said, as potential energy in the mountains.