Science for a pre-sin world

Greg Jennings

two of my degrees are in fields of chemistry and i'm currently on a PhD track in the medical field

what's your degree?

Oh how I doubt you based on conversations in the politics forum. In fact I'm certain you're lying.

But I'll happily tell you that I received a BS in organic chemistry.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know that having to substantiate your claims is unsettling, but also it's necessary for you to claim "scientific evidence"
Fortunately, I answered OP with evidence and a prediction — the currency of science. :thumb:

We're waiting on you to concede that indeed there is evidence that a previous, unbroken world did exist.

We'll wait.

If I did, would you honestly consider what I said?
Yes, of course. So why not try? You've never tried before. You won't know until you try.

Read if you will
What's to read? You said creationists are uneducated. I have a degree in Earth Science. Dr Brown is MIT accredited. It seems another of your assertions has fallen flat on its face. :idunno:

Should I type more slowly so you can keep up?

I had to spend a lot of time in class, in labs, and in the field to get my degree. So yes
Ah. A sociology student. :chuckle:

GuySmiley

Cool. You also doubt evolution, and that's true. I like my standing
Do you have evidence of evolution? But I insist on evidence that I wont find full of errors that are so mind boggling as to be not even funny. Because it'd be a shame for me to simply dismiss anything you show me and then declare victory. That would be incredibly intellectually dishonest wouldn't it?

So now for that evidence, I'm waiting.

Greg Jennings

Fortunately, I answered OP with evidence and a prediction — the currency of science. :thumb:
You supplied an easily refuted source, yes. Where do you get this idea that predictions are "the currency of science?" Who said that? Please tell us all

We're waiting on you to concede that indeed there is evidence that a previous, unbroken world did exist.

We'll wait.
When it's provided, I'll be happy to

Yes, of course. So why not try? You've never tried before. You won't know until you try.
You didn't read the wiki link. That's pretty telling

What's to read? You said creationists are uneducated. I have a degree in Earth Science. Dr Brown is MIT accredited. It seems another of your assertions has fallen flat on its face. :idunno:
You misunderstood me I see. Though it is often true that creationists are collegiately uneducated, I was referring to the fact that they are mostly not properly educated on the science that they are professing to be knowledgable of. Walt Brown has a PhD yes, and that's rare on creationist sites.

Good for you for having a degree in Earth Science. What are you doing with it?

Should I type more slowly so you can keep up?
If you want

Ah. A sociology student. :chuckle:
Not exactly, but I guess sociology and organic chemistry are pretty much the same, aren't they?

Greg Jennings

Do you have evidence of evolution? But I insist on evidence that I wont find full of errors that are so mind boggling as to be not even funny. Because it'd be a shame for me to simply dismiss anything you show me and then declare victory. That would be incredibly intellectually dishonest wouldn't it?

Speciation: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/100201_speciation

Antibiotic resistance:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/antibiotic_resistance.htm
http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/antibiotic-resistance-mutation-rates-and-mrsa-28360

Read then get back to me. Mmkay?

Jose Fly

And this is how these threads almost always go....you ask creationists for evidence for creationism, they dodge and evade, and then try and turn it into a thread about evolution.

But I guess that's what we can expect given that creationism is a belief, and is impossible to advocate honestly.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You misunderstood me I see.
That's typically what happens when you read what an evolutionist's words plainly say. :)

It is often true that creationists are collegiately uneducated, I was referring to the fact that they are mostly not properly educated on the science that they are professing to be knowledgable of.
Can you name a creationist who publishes outside of his field of expertise? We'll wait. :chuckle:

Heck, can you name one who publishes without a degree?

Jose Fly

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dude....don't follow every creationist down every rabbit trail they put before you. Stick to your topic, and make them do the same.

Yeah. Stick to your topic. :thumb:

You asked for evidence of a previously perfect world, right?

Respond sensibly to the evidence that has been provided to you. :up:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Absolutely not

If it's logical that everything has a beginning, then God must also have a beginning. Saying "he is eternal" violates your own logic. If God can be eternal, why not the universe?

Not within the laws of physics that came into being when the universe was created. Before that, your claim has no validity

See my last response above

i'll come back to this

Oh how I doubt you based on conversations in the politics forum. In fact I'm certain you're lying.

But I'll happily tell you that I received a BS in organic chemistry.

my bachelors is in general chemistry, my masters is in an applied field of chemistry heavy on toxicological analysis - my thesis project concerned gc mass spec work that was cutting edge at the time (twenty years ago)

not sure why any discussions i've had in the politics forum should give you cause to doubt me :idunno:

and my group is due to meet soon to cobble together a paper for sociology, so i'll prolly be gone for a while

and i loved organic - iirc, we used streitweiser and heathcock

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welp.....I backed off completely gave this a couple days in hope that someone would offer what I was asking for: scientific evidence of a pre-sin world or of a time when all creatures were vegetarians and nobody died. So far the closest thing I've gotten (and it's not close to being scientific) is "Genesis 1." If that counts as science then so does The Odyssey, meaning that scylla and cyclops are real. That's doubtful

So can the creationists here admit that there is NO scientific evidence for their origin story, and that it's simply a belief with no substantiating evidence?
And finally quit trumpeting that "science supports Genesis"?
With your demonstration of logic here, I doubt you've ever conversed on the subject. Thus, you aren't qualified to create a conclusion that means anything.