Theology Club: SaultoPaul and the Dispensation of the Gospel

SaulToPaul 2

All you do is ask questions and at the same time you refuse to even attempt do defend your mistaken ideas which are found in my OP.

Can a member of the Body believe Jesus is the Christ, and yet deny that he died for his sins?

Are the gospel of God, and gospel of Christ synonymous?

Don't run and hide...

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are we supposed to believe that actually represents an "intelligent" reply to what I said?
We (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and us) are fellowheirs and of the same Body (with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians) and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and there you were denying Paul was saved by the very gospel he received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV), and established us into the Body (Romans 16:25-26 KJV)! It did leave me speechless! And I have to ask, what is the gospel of your salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can a member of the Body believe Jesus is the Christ, and yet deny that he died for his sins?

Are the gospel of God, and gospel of Christ synonymous?

Don't run and hide...
simple questions, simple answers

Where did Jerry go?

SaulToPaul 2

It left me speechless!

It's insanity.

Some got in the Body by believing Jesus is the Christ, and some got in by believing Christ died for their sins.

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation for every one that believeth, and is according to the revelation of the mystery.

What is the gospel of Christ, Jerry?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's insanity.

Some got in the Body by believing Jesus is the Christ, and some got in by believing Christ died for their sins.
Yep! It's cra cra! :dizzy:

No gospel of Christ=not in the Body

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation for every one that believeth, and is according to the revelation of the mystery.

That's the $4,000,000,000 question! :jump:

Jerry Shugart

I have already answered your question here and you did not even attempt to prove that anything which I said is in error:

So, Jerry, is "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God" the gospel of Christ?

Yes, it is the "good news" of Christ:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).

That was the first instance of "good news" which was preached to the Jews first and belief in that "good news" brought salvation (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

That instance of the "good news" of Christ was indeed preached to the Jews first and then later the "good news" of Christ was preached to the Gentiles. But the "good news" of Christ preached to the Jews was not the same "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Gentiles.

All you have proved so far is you are unable to understand these simple things.

SaulToPaul 2

That's the $4,000,000,000 question! :jump:

Jerry has two different gospels, one to the Jew, and one to the Gentile....both called the gospel of Christ.

His gospel of Christ to the Jew- actually the gospel of God
His gospel of Christ to the Gentile- it really is the gospel of Christ, but he doesn't have it to the Jew and the Gentile which it actually is.

Jerry Shugart

We (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and us) are fellowheirs and of the same Body (with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians) and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)...

So are you now saying that STP was in error when he said that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words to them?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together" (Ro.8:15-17).​

Did you finally realize that it is really ignorant to think that Paul would write those things to the unsaved?

and there you were denying Paul was saved by the very gospel he received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV), and established us into the Body (Romans 16:25-26 KJV)! It did leave me speechless! And I have to ask, what is the gospel of your salvation?

I told you why I believe that and gave proof from the Scriptures to support my belief. And you had a chance toprove what I said was in error but you did not even attempt to prove that anything I said was in error. Here it is again:

Paul was saved on the Damascus road and at that time he had not yet received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles, so therefore it is impossible that he was saved by that gospel. For my proof let us look at this passage:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). And there is no doubt that he was saved on the Damascus road.

But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that by the time he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he was already saved.

You have already been shown these facts but you are unable to learn anything from them.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim.3:7).​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, it is the "good news" of Christ:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).

That was the first instance of "good news" which was preached to the Jews first and belief in that "good news" brought salvation (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).
You goof! Paul's gospel is not about the name, about the WHO it is about the WHY and it was a mystery to boot (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)

That instance of the "good news" of Christ was indeed preached to the Jews first and then later the "good news" of Christ was preached to the Gentiles. But the "good news" of Christ preached to the Jews was not the same "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Gentiles.
:dizzy: What a mess!

The gospel of Christ that is the power of God unto salvation was preached to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV)! The gospel of Christ is that "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! And newsflash: Greeks are Gentiles! And where does it say they were not preached the same "gospel of Christ" as the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth as the Jews to whom Paul preached to first?

Jerry Shugart

What a mess it becomes when you mix others with Paul's doctrine.

What a mess you have made due to your confusion. According to your stange ideas Paul wrote these words to the unsaved:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together" (Ro.8:15-17).​

Can't you see that your ideas is ridiculous and that you are embarrassing yourself?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So are you now saying that STP was in error when he said that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words to them?:

Did you finally realize that it is really ignorant to think that Paul would write those things to the unsaved?

I told you why I believe that and gave proof from the Scriptures to support my belief. And you had a chance toprove what I said was in error but you did not even attempt to prove that anything I said was in error. Here it is again:

Paul was saved on the Damascus road and at that time he had not yet received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles, so therefore it is impossible that he was saved by that gospel. For my proof let us look at this passage:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). And there is no doubt that he was saved on the Damascus road.

But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that by the time he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he was already saved.

You have already been shown these facts but you are unable to learn anything from them.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim.3:7).​
SMH I asked you what the gospel of your salvation is, Jerry.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jerry has two different gospels, one to the Jew, and one to the Gentile....both called the gospel of Christ.

His gospel of Christ to the Jew- actually the gospel of God
His gospel of Christ to the Gentile- it really is the gospel of Christ, but he doesn't have it to the Jew and the Gentile which it actually is.
No wonder having a conversation with Jerry is next to impossible.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What a mess it becomes when you mix others with Paul's doctrine.
Case in point: Jerry's Neo-Acts 2 beliefs.
Yep! It's why Paul told Timothy:

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

Jerry Shugart

I'm appalled at what I am reading coming from Jerry!

I am appalled that any Christian would teach that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote his epistle to them.

Do you honestly think that Paul would write the following to a group of unsaved people?:

If you think that Paul addressed those words to a group of undsaved people then you are absolutely clueless.