Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Really? That's a novel idea.

I'm quite sure there was more to it than that.

Again, his parables and sayings dislocated and overturned the way the “normal world" works.

“You have heard it said ‘______________,’ but I say ‘_______________.’ “

Today’s reality rarely recognizes the destitute, the diseased and the misshapen.
Jesus fairly bathed himself into the culture of the poor, offering hospitality and recognition and joy.

Remember that he was criticized as “a drunkard and a glutton.”
There was a good reason for this.

Jesus was a party animal who did not draw walls, circles or boundaries around people he ate and drank with.

His opponents were angry and vexed because Jesus was socially promiscuous.

glorydaz

Again, his parables and sayings dislocated and overturned the way the “normal world" works.

“You have heard it said ‘______________,’ but I say ‘_______________.’ “

Today’s reality rarely recognizes the destitute, the diseased and the misshapen.
Jesus fairly bathed himself into the culture of the poor, offering hospitality and recognition and joy.

Remember that he was criticized as “a drunkard and a glutton.”
There was a good reason for this.

Jesus was a party animal who did not draw walls, circles or boundaries around people he ate and drank with.

His opponents were angry and vexed because Jesus was socially promiscuous.

:rotfl:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes laughing at disquieting or new information is a well-worn technique I too-often use to keep up my defenses against understanding, empathy or just general cognition. Panic, denial and laughter are just three of the ways people sometimes react to new ideas.

glorydaz

Sometimes laughing at disquieting or new information is a well-worn technique I too-often use to keep up my defenses against understanding, empathy or just general cognition. Panic, denial and laughter are just three of the ways people sometimes react to new ideas.

Great fishing expedition, but the obvious is what you should look at.

You're a joke. A seeker who hasn't yet found ANYTHING. :sigh:

Truster

People will laugh at what they cannot comprehend. It's a defensive reaction. "Like thorns under a pot is the laughter of fools".

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Great fishing expedition, but the obvious is what you should look at.

You're a joke. A seeker who hasn't yet found ANYTHING. :sigh:

The obvious is the words and teachings of Jesus.
Not the exalted titles he was given by his followers after his death.
He said he came to preach repentance and the Kingdom of God in parables.

The theology and dogma that was placed into his mouth after the crucifixion have nothing to do with his teachings.

Instead, they have to do with the meaning of Jesus to the early Christian communities.

glorydaz

The obvious is the words and teachings of Jesus.
Not the exalted titles he was given by his followers after his death.
He said he came to preach repentance and the Kingdom of God in parables.

The theology and dogma that was placed into his mouth after the crucifixion have nothing to do with his teachings.

Instead, they have to do with the meaning of Jesus to the early Christian communities.

Nonsense. You just don't believe He rose from the dead and appeared to the Apostle Pau....giving him revelations. Admit it. You reject the Risen Lord.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Nonsense. You just don't believe He rose from the dead and appeared to the Apostle Pau....giving him revelations. Admit it. You reject the Risen Lord.

I have not rejected the resurrection.
I just don’t believe it had anything to do with Jesus’ body.

There is no description of the event itself.
Only the non-canonical Gospel of Peter provides a look.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Paul never admitted to seeing Jesus. He had an auditory, mystical experience. He never saw Jesus. He heard a voice and concluded it was Jesus speaking to him.

glorydaz

Paul never admitted to seeing Jesus. He had an auditory, mystical experience. He never saw Jesus. He heard a voice and concluded it was Jesus speaking to him.

Of course he did. Or are you calling Paul a liar?

1 Cor. 15:7-8 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

1 Corinthians 9:1 Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?​

How about Ananias, was He lying?

Acts 22:14
14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

And our Lord, was He lying?

Acts 26:16
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I have always read and been taught Paul said "And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me....”

That may be a strand of tradition that is not counted any longer.

Nearly half of Paul’s letters have been shown to be forgeries. I dons’t know which ones are authentic or not. I know you can easily look it up. I just can’t remember now.