drbrumley

Samuel Alito

George W. Bush U.S. Supreme Court Nominee

10 Years of Solid, Pro-Abortion Rulings
on 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals

KEY
EX = Extremist pro-abortion ruling
PC = Mainstream pro-choice ruling

EX: In 1995 Alito voted to keep it easy to get a tax-funded abortion by claiming rape, even when no crime had been reported to police (Blackwell v Knoll).

EX: In 1997 Alito voted to prevent parents from suing for the wrongful death of a fetus, ruling that he could find no legal protection for an unborn child from the malpractice of a doctor, and by extension from a criminal act (Alexander v Whitman).

EX: In 2000 Alito voted to keep legal Partial Birth Abortion in NJ, for process reasons (Planned Parenthood v NJ).

EX: In 2001 Alito ordered NJ taxpayers to give $522,992.84 to Planned Parenthood attorneys for their fight against NJ’s PBA ban (which he upheld on appeal in 2002, PP v NJ Atty Gen).

EX: In 2004 Alito forced a Chinese father to return to China to face the government that forcibly killed his eight-month old unborn child (Chen v. Aschcroft).

PC: Also, in 1991 Alito refined the new concept of “undue burden” which restricts anti-abortion laws (Planned Parenthood v Casey), and in 1992, the U.S. Supreme Court adopted Alito’s refined standard.

Source: KGOV and AndrewLongman.com

For more information:
Denver talk show host Bob Enyart
Mon. – Fri., AM 670 KLTT, 3 p.m.
24/7 at KGOV.com (Listen to archived show titled: Alito Deserves More than 60 Days)
Office: 303 463-7789

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Why do Christian leaders like James Dobson, pull out all of the stops to support a hard core pro-abort supreme Court Justice? Why do the sheepole follow in a blind stupor? This country is going to hell really fast while the Re-publican Christians cheer all the way there!:(

koban

CRASH said:
Why do Christian leaders like James Dobson, pull out all of the stops to support a hard core pro-abort supreme Court Justice? Why do the sheepole follow in a blind stupor? This country is going to hell really fast while the Re-publican Christians cheer all the way there!:(

Hard core pro-abort?? :freak:

:darwinsm:

Good one, CRASH!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
If the only way to outlaw abortion is in the Legislative branch, then getting these "pro-life" judges into the Supreme Court is a complete waste of time.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
koban said:
Hard core pro-abort?? :freak:

:darwinsm:

Good one, CRASH!

Um yeah, we call people who support partial birth abortion and judges who rule 5 out of 6 times FOR abortion, hard core pro-aborts. Does he have to go kill the little babies with his bare hands to qualify as Koban Hard Core Pro Abort?

koban

CRASH said:
Um yeah, we call people who support partial birth abortion and judges who rule 5 out of 6 times FOR abortion, hard core pro-aborts. Does he have to go kill the little babies with his bare hands to qualify as Koban Hard Core Pro Abort?

You got something better?

Or are you just fooling yourself that you're making a difference?

Lemmee guess - you're currently studying law, planning to clerk under a current SC justice, positioning yourself so that in twenty years, you will be standing in front of the Senate nominating committee as a potential SC justice, so that you can enact real change.

Right?

Or wait......

Maybe you're just blowing smoke....... :think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
If the only way to outlaw abortion is in the Legislative branch, then getting these "pro-life" judges into the Supreme Court is a complete waste of time.
No! if they were actual pro life judges they would rule that an unborn baby is a person. If they did that no law could be passed allowing abortion!

koban

deardelmar said:
No! if they were actual pro life judges they would rule that an unborn baby is a person. If they did that no law could be passed allowing abortion!

Not unless they had a case in front of them that presented the opportunity. :doh:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
koban said:
You got something better?Or are you just fooling yourself that you're making a difference?Lemmee guess - you're currently studying law, planning to clerk under a current SC justice, positioning yourself so that in twenty years, you will be standing in front of the Senate nominating committee as a potential SC justice, so that you can enact real change.Right?Or wait......Maybe you're just blowing smoke....... :think:

Better than supporting partial birth abortion!!!
Um yeah, Koban we can do better than that, my 4 year old knows better than to allow babies to be murdered because "there's nothing better"

So you are asking for my list of what I am doing to make a difference - the truth might surprise you - but for now - go suck eggs.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
koban said:
Not unless they had a case in front of them that presented the opportunity. :doh:
How could an abortion case in front of the supream court not present that opportunity!

koban

CRASH said:
Better than supporting partial birth abortion!!!

Agreed

Um yeah, Koban we can do better than that, my 4 year old knows better than to allow babies to be murdered because "there's nothing better"

We have a system to work within - are you going to be smart and effect the best possible change, even if it is not the ultimate best change?

Or are you going to rail against the inevitable flaws in a compromised system?

So you are asking for my list of what I am doing to make a difference - the truth might surprise you

Actually, it probably wouldn't - I know that you are a passionate anti-abortionist and I think we both agree that the best possible place to carry the battle is to the hearts and minds of the individuals.

- but for now - go suck eggs.

:chuckle: No thanks - I got a bowl of Corn Flakes here.

koban

deardelmar said:
How could an abortion case in front of the supream court not present that opportunity!

:doh: Do you understand how the system works? Do you think that Supreme Court Justices can stray from the cases in front of them?

Do you understand that that latitude is given to the Legislative branch?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
koban said:
:doh: Do you understand how the system works? Do you think that Supreme Court Justices can stray from the cases in front of them?

Do you understand that that latitude is given to the Legislative branch?
I understand that abortion cases can and do come before the supreme court and not one of the justices since Roe V Wade has written a decenting opinion saying that the baby should have the right to life!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
koban said:
Agreed
We have a system to work within - are you going to be smart and effect the best possible change, even if it is not the ultimate best change?

Or are you going to rail against the inevitable flaws in a compromised system?

Actually, it probably wouldn't - I know that you are a passionate anti-abortionist and I think we both agree that the best possible place to carry the battle is to the hearts and minds of the individuals.

:chuckle: No thanks - I got a bowl of Corn Flakes here.

I think you are calling Alito "the best possible change". I think we can do better than this pro-abort and as Christians we have an obligation to demand better whether it seems practical or not.

I will rail and rail and rail.......hey, there is a lot to rail about.

Thanks for changing your tone. Actually, no I don't think the best battlefield is for hearts and minds. It is part of the battle, but Jesus said people are basically evil. That will not change. The law with it's certain punishment of the second death is the tutor that brings people to Christ and the law against abortion with it's commensurate capital punishment is what will constrain the wicked behavior of people in society.

koban

deardelmar said:
I understand that abortion cases can and do come before the supreme court and not one of the justices since Roe V Wade has written a decenting opinion saying that the baby should have the right to life!

Do you think that the justices in R v W stated that the unborn child should not have the right to life?

koban

CRASH said:
I think you are calling Alito "the best possible change". I think we can do better than this pro-abort and as Christians we have an obligation to demand better whether it seems practical or not.

OK - say Alito gets filibustered out of his nomination - who would you have nominated next?

I will rail and rail and rail.......hey, there is a lot to rail about.

I don't disagree.

Thanks for changing your tone. Actually, no I don't think the best battlefield is for hearts and minds.

I do disagree

It is part of the battle, but Jesus said people are basically evil. That will not change.

If you believe that, then why not just abandon them to their evil impulses?

The law with it's certain punishment of the second death is the tutor that brings people to Christ

OK - here you're talking evangelism..... :thumb:

and the law against abortion with it's commensurate capital punishment is what will constrain the wicked behavior of people in society.

and here you're talking American Constitutional possibilities. You got something better than Alito (practically) to get to a "law against abortion", in America?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
deardelmar said:
I think you missed the "If the only way to outlaw abortion is in the Legislative branch..." part of that statement.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
I think you missed the "If the only way to outlaw abortion is in the Legislative branch..." part of that statement.
I didn't miss it. It is wrong thinking! The Constitution does not allow the Legislative branch to pass laws to kill innocent people. The supreme court found a way around this in Roe V wade by declaring an unborn baby to be a non person. This was just as wrong as when the Constitution declared blacks to be 3/5 of a person. SCOTUS changed that, and rightly so!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
koban said:
Do you think that the justices in R v W stated that the unborn child should not have the right to life?
That's right! They declared that it was less than a person and since only people have rights...