Salvation is by grace through faith and not of works.

glorydaz

Shalom. Obeying God and Jesus Christ does not insult either God or Jesus Christ. I do not believe that I am insulting the Lord Jesus Christ to obey Him or by obeying Him. Shalom. Jacob.

What insults Him is that you even mention what you do or your own "obedience", as if any good thing you do comes from your own effort.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shalom!

The Bible speaks of God's Law and of God's grace.

The word Torah means instruction.

Shalom.

Jacob
The law taught grace, and that grace was not earned through your obedience.
It was by accepting that it was only through the spotless substitute being slain, not you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shalom. I do not know what you are saying. Do I need to know? Shalom. Jacob.
Let me help you figure it out.
None of your obedience and righteousness paid the price of the penalty for sin.
NONE.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alien Righteousness - That of Our Lord's

Alien Righteousness - That of Our Lord's

NONE.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Yes.

Ours is an alien righteousness, that of Another, not of our own.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Shalom!

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob...

Spoiler
I retired the avatar "nameless in grace". I am the same person.

Check my signature scripture and see if you follow it. The Law shows us our imperfection. Per Moses... the Atonement sacrifice must be without spot or blemish. This is of-coarse... Jesus. I'm well aware you know this. If you keep the Law for the sake of familial tradition and custom... it is Messianic. If you Obey the Law for your salvation... you are offering up a sacrifice that is blemished and thus supersedes Jesus Sacrifice.

Does this make sense?

Shalom in Hashem

Epoisses

Shalom!

Shalom.

Jacob

The Torah is abolished for believers. The old covenant was a covenant of works that had to be physically performed. The new covenant is a covenant of faith where God blesses me before I do anything so all my works are out of gratitude and never to 'earn' anything. Torah equals Earn the favorite word of a lost world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What insults Him is that you even mention what you do or your own "obedience", as if any good thing you do comes from your own effort.

Shalom.

Here I only know that it is possible for me, or any given person, to do right or to do the right thing. How do you, or I, or anyone, serve others?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law taught grace, and that grace was not earned through your obedience.
It was by accepting that it was only through the spotless substitute being slain, not you.
Grace comes to us from God. Some say that it is unmerited favor.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
NONE.

Shalom.

I believe that I understand this. Do you understand atonement for individual sins?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob...

Spoiler
I retired the avatar "nameless in grace". I am the same person.

Check my signature scripture and see if you follow it. The Law shows us our imperfection. Per Moses... the Atonement sacrifice must be without spot or blemish. This is of-coarse... Jesus. I'm well aware you know this. If you keep the Law for the sake of familial tradition and custom... it is Messianic. If you Obey the Law for your salvation... you are offering up a sacrifice that is blemished and thus supersedes Jesus Sacrifice.

Does this make sense?

Shalom in Hashem
Shalom.

I do not follow all that you have said here, by way of understanding what you have said (I do not understand it all). However, I do understand that Jesus, the just, died for me and you and everyone, the unjust.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Torah is abolished for believers. The old covenant was a covenant of works that had to be physically performed. The new covenant is a covenant of faith where God blesses me before I do anything so all my works are out of gratitude and never to 'earn' anything. Torah equals Earn the favorite word of a lost world.

Shalom. I can say that I do not understand your words. However, a gift from or of God is a gift, not earned.

Shalom.

Jacob

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not follow all that you have said here, by way of understanding what you have said (I do not understand it all). However, I do understand that Jesus, the just, died for me and you and everyone, the unjust.

Shalom.

Jacob

Ahhhhh... okay... So you see that we are "guilty" by the Law, and He took our condemnation. Then... you see that He paid your debt in full?

glorydaz

Shalom.

Here I only know that it is possible for me, or any given person, to do right or to do the right thing. How do you, or I, or anyone, serve others?

Shalom.

Jacob

That's true. Any given person, even unbelievers, can do good things, and they can even serve others, but those things won't save them. Those things won't make up for the wrong they have done.