Salvation by Being Good

Krsto

I'm not doing anything about it. I deserve to go to hell, but justice has already been served. Krsto = clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why.

And naturally you're going to sweep all those scriptures aside to hang on to your particular human tradition.

Krsto

I agree with much of what you have said, but I don't agree that most aren't wicked, we are in sinful flesh,

And yet mothers naturally give of themselves, sacrificing their own well-being, for the sake of their children. They don't do any harm to others. The only mothers I've met who live a life contrary to "love your neighbor" are the ones on crack who can't even take care of themselves much less their own kids. I'm not going to equate the sin we all do with wickedness. Wicked people are the ones who live life so selfishly that they harm others around them for their own gain. In a civil society we have laws to prevent them from being successful. I believe law-abiding citizens are not wicked. Wicked people usually spend a lot of time in jail. Or they run for office LOL!

God's Truth

Context my friend, context.

Vs. 20 provides your context for Rom. 11:32. The "everyone" there are the Israelites who didn't believe.

The context for Jn. 3 is a crowd of people who saw with their own eyes Jesus' good works, heard his good teachings, and still accused him of being a demon. THEY would be condemned for not believing, because Jesus also said, "To whom much is given, much is required." Lk. 12:48 People living 2000 years later hearing about this story from some moron who probably doesn't have it right to begin with are not under the same obligation as people standing right there who accused a sinless man of being the worst of humans. If you want to rip these verses out of context so you can use them as proof texts that's your prerogative but I believe God is more merciful than that.

I am not doing what you accuse me of. You need to stop saying things like rip out of context.

How do you ever get to say that about God's word?

God bound all over to disobedience so He can have mercy on all. How do you get they do not have to submit to Jesus to be saved?

Whether one searches for Jesus and gets saved, or whether one never heard of Jesus and then appears before him after their death must submit to be saved.

God's Truth

And yet mothers naturally give of themselves, sacrificing their own well-being, for the sake of their children. They don't do any harm to others. The only mothers I've met who live a life contrary to "love your neighbor" are the ones on crack who can't even take care of themselves much less their own kids. I'm not going to equate the sin we all do with wickedness. Wicked people are the ones who live life so selfishly that they harm others around them for their own gain. In a civil society we have laws to prevent them from being successful. I believe law-abiding citizens are not wicked. Wicked people usually spend a lot of time in jail. Or they run for office LOL!

Those who do not obey and know God cannot but help to do things against Him; even slightly so.

The Bible says obeying God makes our love pure and sincere.

An unbeliever might love their own, and do good to others, but their love is not perfected unless they obey the teachings of Jesus.

Truster

Who is "he"?

It's not Christ.

Of course it was The Messiah.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

All done without warning or permission.

And I repeat. I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was and am saved.

God's Truth

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

And I repeat. I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was and am saved.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Did you read that?

They had to repent of their sins first.

God's Truth

The Messiah doesn't sense the change He is the cause of the change.

Are you kidding?

God SEARCHES hearts to find out who is thinking of Him.

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Isaiah 57:11
"Of whom were you worried and fearful When you lied, and did not remember Me Nor give Me a thought? Was I not silent even for a long time So you do not fear Me?

Truster

Another translation expands:

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

A stubborn and unresponsive heart needs to be removed and that stubborn heart is not volunteering.

Krsto

I am not doing what you accuse me of. You need to stop saying things like rip out of context.

How do you ever get to say that about God's word?

God bound all over to disobedience so He can have mercy on all. How do you get they do not have to submit to Jesus to be saved?

Whether one searches for Jesus and gets saved, or whether one never heard of Jesus and then appears before him after their death must submit to be saved.

GT, if you don't understand that every statement in any ancient text, no matter whether God or man is the author, is said within some sort of context and can't be ripped out of that context and just quoted on its own then we are not going to be able to have any meaningful discussion about this, but I'll give it another shot.

"Whoever does not believe stands condemned already" (Jn. 3) does not apply to anyone other than the ones he was talking to. You can not apply that today to someone who does not believe in Christ and condemn them. You. Just. Can't. He wasn't talking about non-believers 2000 years later.

Krsto

And you have the temerity to think that's how it works for every other human being and that's how you interpret the scriptures. Got news for ya, you're not the center of the universe and the planets don't revolve around you.

God's Truth

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

A stubborn and unresponsive heart needs to be removed and that stubborn heart is not volunteering.

If they are not willing to repent, then they will die.

Ezekiel 1:31 Why will you die, people of Israel?

God's Truth

GT, if you don't understand that every statement in any ancient text, no matter whether God or man is the author, is said within some sort of context and can't be ripped out of that context and just quoted on its own then we are not going to be able to have any meaningful discussion about this, but I'll give it another shot.

"Whoever does not believe stands condemned already" (Jn. 3) does not apply to anyone other than the ones he was talking to. You can not apply that today to someone who does not believe in Christ and condemn them. You. Just. Can't. He wasn't talking about non-believers 2000 years later.

God bound all over to disobedience.

All are condemned until they come to God through Jesus.

Krsto

Except that's the whole point of the cross - to give a graphic and powerful demonstration of God's love, so stubborn hearts would submit to God and ask for his divine blessing in their stony hearts. You do realize the cross preceded the New Covenant as described in Jer. 31:31, no?

Truster

And you have the temerity to think that's how it works for every other human being and that's how you interpret the scriptures. Got news for ya, you're not the center of the universe and the planets don't revolve around you.

The principle parts that make up salvation are unchangeable and unless experienced then salvation has most certainly not taken place.