salvation and sin

tnkhayi

Some people teach that you are a SAVED SINNER - even after you received salvation through Jesus. can you share your understanding according to biblical teaching?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sin marks humanity out from all other creatures sin is a destroyer of lives, it destroys the sinner and it destroys those sinned against.

The problem is no-one can stop sinning, it is in the very fibre of our being, like grease is in the water we just used to wash up with, you caint get that grease out.

All you can do is pull the plug

When Christ died on the cross He pulled the plug

You say "but He didn't just take the grease He took ALL the water" that's right. God doesn't just demand our sin, He demands US, our lives, or rather our death.

Salvation is a miraculous work, when the plug is pulled and our very lives are drained away....God pours in NEW LIFE. Even the life of Christ. It is a bargain, a deal...give God our old lives at the cross and receive from Him NEW LIFE.

The life of Christ I our souls will change our lives, our desires will change, God will be our Friend who sticketh closer than a brother. He will lead us in a way that is good.

If you die today unsaved you are just paying the just demand of God...the wages of sin is death. But if you come to God believing on Him who died in your stead you will receive this new miracle life in your soul, you will be saved.

If any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things have passed away behold all things have become new.

theophilus

Even after you are "saved" you will continue to sin but with ever decreasing frequency.

I wasn't "saved" until I was 52 years old. As such, our Lord has much more "scrubbing" to do with me, i.e., changing attitudes, habits, etc...

Read your bible every day...let God's Word go deep into your heart (seat of your will) and work it's life-changing power within. Pray always. Ask Him to create a clean heart within you and to keep you from sin and temptation.

By His Holy Spirit He will, indeed, make a new creature of you.

Guaranteed.

LoneStar

Some people teach that you are a SAVED SINNER - even after you received salvation through Jesus. can you share your understanding according to biblical teaching?

Romans 4:2-5 KJV
(2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
(3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

JPPT1974

You are saved by Christ. When you accept the Father's God's love and forgiveness of sins through faith in His one and only Son, Jesus Christ to save you from those sins and make you a new creature in Him.

Truster

Sinners are classified in two ways. Repentant sinners and unrepentant sinners. Repentance or the ability and power to repent is not inherent in man. Repentance is a grace and is bestowed upon the unworthy, unseeking, untrustworthy.
The denominations are full of unrepentant sinners who have entered in by the wide gate and are headed for destruction.

heir

TOL Subscriber

I am saved (Romans 5:9 KJV), but no longer identified as a sinner (1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).

Truster

As you'll notice the level of self-righteousness on here runs very high. So high that people can't even see their own sinfulness. Paul however knew what he was and was not ashamed to call himself the chief of sinners.

''This is a trustworthy saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Yah Shua Messiah came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief''. 1 Timothy 1:15

heir

TOL Subscriber
As you'll notice the level of self-righteousness on here runs very high.
Rather, it is recognizing that we are crucified, buried and risen with Christ Galatians 2:20 KJV, Colossians 2:10-13 KJV, Colossians 3:1-4 KJV.