Saddam Hussein, a look back

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Liberals are taking Donald Trump to task over everything. It is good politics to try to work out a solution, no matter how vial the leader, it is better than war. Liberals used to back this position more than conservatives but now, with president Trump, they are the warmongers.

They do not want any peace with Russia, the one nation which a war can end all life on Earth. Hate Trump that much? Same with trying to work with China and the president of the Philippines.

It seems to me the liberals want a 'moral war' with anyone they disagree with, starting with our president!
Trump's "deal making" skills don't even extend to passing of any significant
legislation in Congress during his first 100 days, despite having Republican majorities in both the House and Senate - all of which pale in comparison to the skills required to manage foreign affairs on the world stage!

Until Trump shows that he can manage the divisions within his own party, he will continue to be considered to be nothing more than an inept "buffoon!"

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trump's "deal making" skills don't even extend to passing of any significant
legislation in Congress during his first 100 days, despite having Republican majorities in both the House and Senate - all of which pale in comparison to the skills required to manage foreign affairs on the world stage!

Until Trump shows that he can manage the divisions within his own party, he will continue to be considered to be nothing more than an inept "buffoon!"

I did not think he would have been elected. I do think he is a bit pixilated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is long. It is pretty good. The portrayal is reasonable. There is some history revision. And the last 15 minutes or so are worthless. Other than that, it is decent.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Liberals are taking Donald Trump to task over everything. It is good politics to try to work out a solution, no matter how vial the leader, it is better than war. Liberals used to back this position more than conservatives but now, with president Trump, they are the warmongers.

They do not want any peace with Russia, the one nation which a war can end all life on Earth. Hate Trump that much? Same with trying to work with China and the president of the Philippines.

It seems to me the liberals want a 'moral war' with anyone they disagree with, starting with our president!
"Ktoyou" conveniently ignores the fact that all 17 of America's intelligence agencies agree that the Russians hacked the DNC and leaked information in a manner designed to undermine the Clinton Campaign.

Just this week FBI Director Comey stated the Russia remains America's most dangerous adversary - something Trump choses to ignore!

Now we have the Russians linked to hacking material to undermine the moderate presidential candidate in France - following the same pattern as the US presidential campaign.

Its not a matter of being warmongers, its a matter of taking a stand against Putin's attempts to manipulate the institutions within Western democracies.

The problem is complicated by the fact that Trump is so insecure as President that he remains in denial and resorts to personal attacks against America's intelligence agencies, its leaders and even the former president!

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Ktoyou" conveniently ignores the fact that all 17 of America's intelligence agencies agree that the Russians hacked the DNC and leaked information in a manner designed to underline the Clinton Campaign.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Ktoyou" conveniently ignores the fact that all 17 of America's intelligence agencies agree that the Russians hacked the DNC and leaked information in a manner designed to underline the Clinton Campaign.

18 months later....do you have any evidence? Not at this time.

In other words, there isn't any because it doesn't exist. However, there is evidence of democrat states cheating, like in Michigan.

musterion

this always irks me

saddam had and used wmd's in the past - during the war with iran and on his own kurdish population

saddam was actively trying to acquire and develop more wmds

and saddam was in possession of wmd's immediately prior to the us invasion in 2003

I was on watch the night it came over top secret channels that he'd just gassed his own people. That was the "oh crap" moment of my brief Naval career.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Its customary to come to a conclusion after conducting an investigation - not before!

The fact that Trump and his supporters, like "Nick M," are so determined to undermine the investigations concerning Russian hacking reflects deep misgivings that this election was "rigged!"

rexlunae

You clearly didn't understand his answer. This is Adm. Rogers, director of the NSA. The NSA works on foreign intelligence. Asking him for evidence that Russians changed voter tallies is like asking the director of the FDA if they have any evidence for the existence of life on Neptune. It casts doubt on the motives of the person asking the question. Of course, there are already quite a few questions about the motivations of Mr. Nunes.

To be clear, no one has suggested that there is any evidence of Russian hacking changing vote tallies. It is a red herring. To ask about it is to attempt to distract from the actual allegations and confuse the issue. Well, ask yourself why anyone would want to do that. If serious people raise the possibility that the President may have conspired with an enemy to undermine our elections, and you want to change the subject, what does that tell you?

rexlunae

18 months later....do you have any evidence? Not at this time.

In other words, there isn't any because it doesn't exist. However, there is evidence of democrat states cheating, like in Michigan.

The investigations are ongoing. The rumor is, multiple grand juries have been convened to consider the cases. I wouldn't reach a definitive conclusion until they're done with their work.

As far as I'm concerned, the most persuasive evidence publicly is the tendency of Trump to push a line that seems perfectly designed to advance Russia's interests, to the detriment of US interests. That's not the sort of thing that can be counted as solid evidence in a criminal context, but it is still striking, and it's hard to believe that it is incidental.

Time will tell. I don't believe there's been a more dangerous moment for this republic since the Civil War, not least because partisanship has penetrated the very investigation itself. I wouldn't be shocked if most of the Trump and Kushner klans ended up in jail, but then it may be just as likely for the US to experience some sort of structural shift of collapse. I don't really expect Trump's most ardent supporters to ever listen to reason, or to abandon their man, even as they lose their health care and their Social Security.

Wick Stick

Sometimes bad guys are needed to keep certain parts of the world stable.
This should go for Duterte as well.

Is he a bad guy? Absolutely. But he's a bad guy in a "you don't &%$@ with the Batman" kind of way. The Philippines has improved massively in a short time under his direction.

Do you want that guy in charge on a permanent basis? No. When the bad dog finishes biting the robbers, it will probably bite the children, too. But a bad dog has its uses, and the Ph needed a bad dog, because their house was full of robbers.

Wick Stick

Me: The Russians hacked in and changed the votes?

Govt: Not directly, they just manipulated public opinion.

Me: They manipulated our political process by spreading lies?

Govt: Well, no... it was actually all true.

Me: So the problem here is that a foreign country helped the U.S. media give U.S. voters the truth, instead of the usual pre-election B.S.?

Govt: ...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Sometimes bad guys are needed to keep certain parts of the world stable.

This should go for Duterte as well.

Is he a bad guy? Absolutely. But he's a bad guy in a "you don't &%$@ with the Batman" kind of way. The Philippines has improved massively in a short time under his direction.

I was talking with a retired police officer from the Philippines the other day and he said that the out of control drug problem is starting to get under control

Do you want that guy in charge on a permanent basis?

Being that I'm an American citizen, I have no say in whose in charge in a sovereign nation like the Philippines.

No. When the bad dog finishes biting the robbers, it will probably bite the children, too. But a bad dog has its uses, and the Ph needed a bad dog, because their house was full of robbers.

Drug dealers are the scum of the earth because they profit off other people's weaknesses and add to their misery. Your analogy needs work, as someone who cares enough about his nation to do something about evil doesn't mean that he'll eventually turn on the innocent.

Wick Stick

I was talking with a retired police officer from the Philippines the other day and he said that the out of control drug problem is starting to get under control.

Being that I'm an American citizen, I have no say in whose in charge in a sovereign nation like the Philippines.
My wife is a citizen of the Philippines. Her family still lives there. They tell me the same thing.

The media has reported several thousand deaths. But I don't hear them talking about the many thousands who have turned themselves in willingly, and basically received a conditional amnesty for past wrongdoing.

Your analogy needs work, as someone who cares enough about his nation to do something about evil doesn't mean that he'll eventually turn on the innocent.
Duterte himself has engaged in vigilantism in the past - essentially going out looking for a fight. If that's what you mean by "caring enough" then you are one scary individual. The Batman analogy is nails.

Just because someone is fighting evil, does not mean they are good.

I am pretty happy with Duterte. But I don't think permanent martial law is a good long-term direction for the country. Hopefully the next elections bring someone more balanced. And hopefully Duterte will follow the democratic process and step aside if not elected.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Drug dealers are the scum of the earth because they profit off other people's weaknesses and add to their misery. Your analogy needs work, as someone who cares enough about his nation to do something about evil doesn't mean that he'll eventually turn on the innocent.

Duterte himself has engaged in vigilantism in the past - essentially going out looking for a fight. If that's what you mean by "caring enough" then you are one scary individual. The Batman analogy is nails.

Just because someone is fighting evil, does not mean they are good.

So no evidence to back up your theory that Duterte will eventually turn on the children?

Regarding fighting evil: Take it up with God.

Isaiah 5:20

rexlunae

Approaching 2 years of reading and rereading the same thing hoping the text will change.

If you want to convince yourself that's what they're doing to keep from facing the fact that this administration stinks, knock yourself out. I can wait for the truth to eventually come out. Trump seems pretty scared.