Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Rosenritter

All scripture was completed before 70AD.

As for John (who was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD):

(John 21:23) Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

John was still alive when Jesus returned in 70AD

I think the point of that passage was that Jesus did NOT say John would be alive when he returned, and that his word should not have been interpreted as if it had no "If."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would there be an overlap? The veil of the Holy of Holies was rent. And it does say that when the covenant was new, it made the first one obsolete (not soon to be obsolete.) As you are pointing out to Jacob, the two different covenants cannot coexist, and of the two parties of that old covenant, one of them murdered the other one.

Many of the events that took place from 66AD - 70AD were prophesied in the OT. The OT is also known as the old covenant, or Law and Prophets.

All those prophesies came to a complete fulfillment in 70AD, thus there were still unfulfilled prophesies from the old covenant up to 70AD.

Think of the generation that wandered in the wilderness for 40 years, it's a typology of the first generation that had to wait 40 years to be fully in the New Covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the point of that passage was that Jesus did NOT say John would be alive when he returned, and that his word should not have been interpreted as if it had no "If."

Correct, but I don't think it's a coincidence that John was in fact the only Disciple alive when Jesus returned in 70AD.

clefty

Why would there be an overlap? The veil of the Holy of Holies was rent. And it does say that when the covenant was new, it made the first one obsolete (not soon to be obsolete.) As you are pointing out to Jacob, the two different covenants cannot coexist, and of the two parties of that old covenant, one of them murdered the other one.

Wait wut? Two covenants can not co exist? So the edenic covenant was abolished when Noah’s was established? And Noah’s covenant was abolished when Abraham’s was? And Abraham’s covenant was abolished when Israel came to Sinai?

Oh boy...

Luckily He taught and demonstrated that new contract its terms before they murdered the testator eh?

No changes allowed

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Many of the events that took place from 66AD - 70AD were prophesied in the OT. The OT is also known as the old covenant, or Law and Prophets.

All those prophesies came to a complete fulfillment in 70AD, thus there were still unfulfilled prophesies from the old covenant up to 70AD.

Think of the generation that wandered in the wilderness for 40 years, it's a typology of the first generation that had to wait 40 years to be fully in the New Covenant.

Plus Jesus said;
"Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers."

"Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:"

clefty

Plus Jesus said;
"Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers."

"Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:"

Yup...indeed...He said do as they teach from Moses’ seat but certainly NOT what they do...

Dartman

Nope.

Jesus made it clear that ALL those things would happen before the generation of His contemporaries passed away.

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

NT:1074 genea (ghen-eh-ah'); from (a presumed derivative of) NT:1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons): KJV - age, generation, nation, time.

You are picking the definition that matches YOUR narrative ... and I am picking the definition that matches mine. We are going to need to examine more Scripture, to break the tie.

clefty

NT:1074 genea (ghen-eh-ah'); from (a presumed derivative of) NT:1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons): KJV - age, generation, nation, time.

You are picking the definition that matches YOUR narrative ... and I am picking the definition that matches mine. We are going to need to examine more Scripture, to break the tie.

Day of trumpets day of atonement and tabernacling away from our homes here on the new earth HAVE NOT HAPPENED...not fulfilled

That temple was but a divine theatre of sorts and came with its own SHOWTIMES...

You can destroy the temple and yet its calendar remains

The Roman replacement with its Christ mass and Easter came centuries later...

But His remains...watch ye therefore...

Soon it will be on earth as it is in heaven...yet without a temple as He needs NO HOUSE FOR HIS NAME

Dartman

Instead, you have Jesus coming back to earth, and reinstating the Levitical priesthood with animal sacrifices
I don't Scripture does.

tetelestai said:
The spiritual kingdom is right now,
That's what I said.
tetelestai said:
there isn't going to be another kingdom on planet earth.
Of course there is. Jesus stated so,
Luke 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Luke 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

Luke 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

Luke 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

This hasn't happened yet.

tetelestai said:
The kingdom is not of this world.
Yep, that means this civilization.... it does NOT mean "planet".
tetelestai said:
The old covenant is gone, no more Levitical priests, no more animal sacrifices for sin atonement, no more Mosaic Law, no more physical Israelites being the chosen people, no more promised physical land, etc.
According to Jehovah/YHVH God, you are incorrect;

Jer 33:20-26 Thus saith Jehovah: If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, so that there shall not be day and night in their season;
21 then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he shall not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured; so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23 And the word of Jehovah came to Jeremiah, saying,
24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which Jehovah did choose, he hath cast them off? thus do they despise my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25 Thus saith Jehovah: If my covenant of day and night (stand) not, if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

26 then will I also cast away the seed of Jacob, and of David my servant, so that I will not take of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and will have mercy on them.

clefty

I don't Scripture does.

That's what I said.
Of course there is. Jesus stated so,
Luke 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Luke 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

Luke 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

Luke 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

This hasn't happened yet.

Yep, that means this civilization.... it does NOT mean "planet".
According to Jehovah/YHVH God, you are incorrect;

Jer 33:20-26 Thus saith Jehovah: If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, so that there shall not be day and night in their season;
21 then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he shall not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured; so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23 And the word of Jehovah came to Jeremiah, saying,
24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which Jehovah did choose, he hath cast them off? thus do they despise my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25 Thus saith Jehovah: If my covenant of day and night (stand) not, if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

26 then will I also cast away the seed of Jacob, and of David my servant, so that I will not take of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and will have mercy on them.

How long does bloodletting sacrifices with its death continue into His kingdom with a temple built with human hands but not of this civilization?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are picking the definition that matches YOUR narrative ... and I am picking the definition that matches mine. We are going to need to examine more Scripture, to break the tie

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Only one generation of Jews rejected Christ Jesus, and that was the generation of His contemporaries.

Dartman

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Only one generation of Jews rejected Christ Jesus, and that was the generation of His contemporaries.

I thought YOU were the one that posted all the reasons Israel is NOT of God, or his servant Jesus the Christ. Was that you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought YOU were the one that posted all the reasons Israel is NOT of God, or his servant Jesus the Christ. Was that you?

The nation in the Middle East today that calls itself Israel has nothing to do with Biblical prophecy. Most of the Jews who live there are atheists, and/or reject Christ Jesus.

Only one generation of Jews rejected Christ Jesus during His Incarnation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was, he left. He is coming back, when his God decides it's time to end this "generation".

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Lord came in judgement to that wicked generation in 70AD, just like He said He would.

Also, you need to do a study on the word "this". The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

But, your Dispensationalism will most likely get in the way of you knowing the truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Since I speaking chronologically, he did not confirm his status as LORD of Hosts to Judas Iscariot after his ascension. Judas was dead (and will remain dead) until the judgment. Please tell me if you were asking something else.

I don't even accept that. Yes Judas is dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think the correct answers are No and No.

Under the law of Moses, tattooing the flesh was a violation of that covenant.

1. Israel was under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.
2. Those who were not Israel were not under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.

Those who partake of the New Covenant are not under the Old Covenant, but our law is love and faith.

3. Under the New Covenant, what is not of faith is sin. Is the marking of the flesh harming your neighbor? If not, then judge for yourself on your own conscience whether marking your flesh represents sin.

The New Covenant is for the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Sin is transgression of the Law. If you accept Yeshua's instruction you know to keep and teach the commandments. Whatever is not of faith is sin, yes. This does not mean that anything goes.