Responding to the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel of Jesus Christ calls for a response. No response is a response.

When the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached the Holy Spirit is present to convict a person of their need to be saved by Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many hear the Gospel but do not respond, or they hear the Gospel and instead of accepting Christ as their savior they turn to religion. Religion is more appealing because it is about you. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about Christ and what he has done to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

On the day of Pentecost when Peter preached the Gospel for the very first time 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's words, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. This event gave birth to the New Testament church. Nothing like this had ever happened before. The lowly disciple were transformed into bold preachers of the Gospel. Even the threats from the Pharisees could not stop them from preaching the Gospel, Acts 4:13-22. The response was incredible. It literally turned Jerusalem upside down. With the preaching of the Gospel comes persecution. If there is no persecution then it may not be the Gospel.

When the believer hears and believes the Gospel he receives faith and the Holy Spirit. This is why Paul wrote... "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel)Romans 10:17.

There is no other way that one can receive faith and the Holy Spirit. Being religious will not bring the Holy Spirit, Paul wrote "This only would I learn of you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. If one wants more faith or more of the Spirit, then learn and live by the Gospel.

There is only one Gospel. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19. There are other Gospels, but they are false Gospels, such as the Gospel of Calvinism or the Gospel of Catholicism, these are false Gospel that cannot save or reconcile us to God. Where there is the preaching of the Gospel there will also be the preaching of false Gospels. It is Satan's purpose to pervert the Gospel of Jesus Christ and in doing so lead many astray.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law.
2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

In our name and on our behalf Jesus has victoriously met these requirements, so that we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. This is what Paul meant when he said, "And you are complete in him (Christ) Colossians 2:10. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for. God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". What God has done for us in Jesus Christ is a gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. This gift from God becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul had the same problem that we have on this Forum.

"Now I beseech you, brethern, mark them that cause division and offenses contrary to the doctrine which you have learned and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly (the flesh) and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple" Romans 16:17-18.

The Forum is not short on false teachers.

beloved57

When the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached the Holy Spirit is present to convict a person of their need to be saved by Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many hear the Gospel but do not respond, or they hear the Gospel and instead of accepting Christ as their savior they turn to religion. Religion is more appealing because it is about you. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about Christ and what he has done to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

On the day of Pentecost when Peter preached the Gospel for the very first time 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's words, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. This event gave birth to the New Testament church. Nothing like this had ever happened before. The lowly disciple were transformed into bold preachers of the Gospel. Even the threats from the Pharisees could not stop them from preaching the Gospel, Acts 4:13-22. The response was incredible. It literally turned Jerusalem upside down. With the preaching of the Gospel comes persecution. If there is no persecution then it may not be the Gospel.

When the believer hears and believes the Gospel he receives faith and the Holy Spirit. This is why Paul wrote... "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel)Romans 10:17.

There is no other way that one can receive faith and the Holy Spirit. Being religious will not bring the Holy Spirit, Paul wrote "This only would I learn of you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. If one wants more faith or more of the Spirit, then learn and live by the Gospel.

There is only one Gospel. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19. There are other Gospels, but they are false Gospels, such as the Gospel of Calvinism or the Gospel of Catholicism, these are false Gospel that cannot save or reconcile us to God. Where there is the preaching of the Gospel there will also be the preaching of false Gospels. It is Satan's purpose to pervert the Gospel of Jesus Christ and in doing so lead many astray.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law.
2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

In our name and on our behalf Jesus has victoriously met these requirements, so that we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. This is what Paul meant when he said, "And you are complete in him (Christ) Colossians 2:10. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for. God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". What God has done for us in Jesus Christ is a gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. This gift from God becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways! You deny that Christ is the Saviour of sinners!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways! You deny that Christ is the Saviour of sinners!

Jesus is only going to save those sinners that respond to him and his Gospel.

"For as many as RECEIVED HIM to them gave he the power to become Son's of God" John 1:12.

Robert Pate

Banned
False statements, those Christ died for are made righteous Rom 5:19, they didn't do a thing!

You think that scripture contradicts scripture.

The words "believe" and "faith" appear in the Bible hundreds of times. They would not be there if it was not required of us. No faith or believing, means no salvation. The Bible is full of it.

Nanja

The words "believe" and "faith" appear in the Bible hundreds of times. They would not be there if it was not required of us. No faith or believing, means no salvation. The Bible is full of it.

The Faith that is required for salvation is a fruit of the Spirit given exclusively in new birth Gal. 5:22 to all God's Elect Titus 1:1. It's the only Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:7-9.

So the Gospel of Christ is a savor of Life for God's Sheep, but is a savor of death to the goats, which is how God is fitting them for destruction Rom. 9:22.

2 Cor. 2:15-16
15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Is. 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Faith that is required for salvation is a fruit of the Spirit given exclusively in new birth Gal. 5:22 to all God's Elect Titus 1:1. It's the only Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:7-9.

So the Gospel of Christ is a savor of Life for God's Sheep, but is a savor of death to the goats, which is how God is fitting them for destruction Rom. 9:22.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God's word has not accomplished its purpose in your life because you have rejected it.

You cannot reject the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. And be saved, its not going to happen.

Nanja

God's word has not accomplished its purpose in your life because you have rejected it.

You cannot reject the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. And be saved, its not going to happen.

Forget about me and learn what the scripture I posted reveal!

The Faith that is required for salvation is a fruit of the Spirit given exclusively in new birth Gal. 5:22 to all God's Elect Titus 1:1.

It's the only Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:7-9.

beloved57

How were the many made righteous here Rom 5:19 ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Forget about me and learn what the scripture I posted reveal!

The Faith that is required for salvation is a fruit of the Spirit given exclusively in new birth Gal. 5:22 to all God's Elect Titus 1:1.

It's the only Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:7-9.

The new birth is the results of hearing and believing the Gospel.

"Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

If you believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism. You would be justified by faith, Romans 5:1.

Nanja

The new birth is the results of hearing and believing the Gospel.

"Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

If you believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism. You would be justified by faith, Romans 5:1.

False teaching of salvation by the works of man!

The "hearing of faith" is a Salvation Blessing given as a result of being made Spiritually Alive, Born of God.
As Jesus says here:

John 8:43,47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Proving that the Spirit must first be given in order to Hear God's Words!

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

That’s correct. A response is required (Mk 1:4). If they don’t love the truth, God sends them a lie that they will believe (2 Thess 2:11). The false teachers here
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
tell others not to obey God (Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14).
elvis.gif
What’s not to love about a
emot-airquote.gif
church that tells you :banana: that? :Shimei:

Related:

Lordship

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
False teaching of salvation by the works of man!

The "hearing of faith" is a Salvation Blessing given as a result of being made Spiritually Alive, Born of God.
As Jesus says here:

John 8:43,47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Proving that the Spirit must first be given in order to Hear God's Words!

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees John 8:43.

They could not hear his words because like you they were blinded by their religion.

You have not received the Gospel of Jesus Christ as your only means of salvation, therefore you are unsaved.

Nanja

They could not hear his words because like you they were blinded by their religion.

You have not received the Gospel of Jesus Christ as your only means of salvation, therefore you are unsaved.

Your god is your freewill!

Nothing you say has any meaning with regard to the scriptures John 8:43, 47.

You can't spiritually hear / understand God's Words because you have not been born of God Eph. 4:18!

beloved57

pate

Yes He was, however what He said applies to all men by nature. You and I are no better than the pharisees by nature, we are all sinners by nature.

So man by nature cant hear Gods word Jn 8:43

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jesus tells us who it is that Hears His Words right here Jn 8:47

He that is of God hears God's words; ye therefore hear them not because ye are not of God.

Now according to Jesus here, who is it that hears Gods words ?

Robert Pate

Banned
pate

Yes He was, however what He said applies to all men by nature. You and I are no better than the pharisees by nature, we are all sinners by nature.

So man by nature cant hear Gods word Jn 8:43

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jesus tells us who it is that Hears His Words right here Jn 8:47

He that is of God hears God's words; ye therefore hear them not because ye are not of God.

Now according to Jesus here, who is it that hears Gods words ?

The Pharisees were blinded by their religion, just like you are blinded by Calvinism.