rep thread

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
isn't she in jail for her beliefs

No, she's in jail for failing to do her job...

and she's "failing to do her job because....

she's broken her fingers and can't sign her name?
she's tanked up on beer and can't see straight to sign her name?
she's forgotten what her name is and can't sign her name?

....and obstructing justice...

her refusal to accommodate wickedness and perversion is the true example of Justice in this situation - not the immoral ruling by the five perverted scumbags on the scotus, not the immoral ruling from the perverted scumbag bunning

true Justice would have homosexual perverts seeking to legitimize their perversion executed swiftly, publicly and painfully

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'd have been impressed by her stepping down over her beliefs,

what?
is this breaking news?
or
just more distortion of it by the award winning sophist?

she didn't step down
she stood up for her beliefs
is there anything you would go to jail for?
I can't imagine what it would be for

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know your argument
I thought you could read. It isn't difficult. You can see what she stands for and what she demonstrably doesn't.

you argue around the edges
You're a liar. Straight forward enough for you? You're literally lying through your teeth and you mostly do that where I'm concerned. You're no better than aCW. No, you're worse, because you're rational enough to know better but invest in that persistent, dishonest screed as an ongoing narrative, from the early "dance" versions to this one.

Try making that opaque, won't you.

and because of that you are okay with voting for democrats
And republicans. Candidates actually. You're the party lever puller, which is tragic enough.

even though they support abortion
Many do. And some republicans, including everyone they've nominated for President. Fortunately, none of them are being asked to decide the issue.

and here is your reasoning over forty years ago judges appointed by republicans made abortion legal it is now the law of the land and you can't do anything about it
No, liar, that's not what I said. I've said the Court has decided it and that the only redress is a Constitutional Amendment, which will take those who believe in the right to defense for the unborn continuing to move the larger opinion to the tipping point allowing for that convention and amendment. It will mean working across party lines and even with some who otherwise are ideologically opposed, working on an issue where we can meet and agree. Because that's the only way this happens.

But you, with your larger concerns for party purity and labor unions, you won't have it, even though every rational bone in that body of yours understands a man can be moved on an issue, the issue you say is the most important going, long before he could be moved on a host of them.

same sex marriage is also okay
No, liar. I've never said that. I've said it was a necessary evil, legally speaking and one I find morally objectionable.

but you were okay with it before the judges made it okay for others
No, liar. I recognized that the laws denying same sex marriage weren't predicated on reasoning that could be sustained, that it was a purely religious objection in different robes and that it couldn't stand any more than any attempt to stamp a particular church on the seal of state could once that inescapable fact came to light and before the Court.

so why should I even bother with you?
You shouldn't, liar. You should concern yourself deeply with your own character and reforming the practice, make yourself an honest man, whatever our differences. If you can't do that nothing you say will ever matter.

I will tell you why I am using you to make my point
I don't know if it's sad or funny, this opinion you have of yourself and your "job", but let me know when the description of that job can stand upright and we might have a conversation worth hearing.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
what?
is this breaking news?
or
just more distortion of it by the award winning sophist?

she didn't step down
she stood up for her beliefs
is there anything you would go to jail for?
I can't imagine what it would be for

denial of right...

Spoiler
...to parse

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I won't bother reporting this thread
Go ahead. I backed every claim I made. Each time I used the word you had knowingly misrepresented what I've written.

For instance, we've had many conversations about abortion and you understand my position, but you lied about it. I've never thrown up my hands and said it's settled. I've argued for an amendment and against your larger party argument, narrowing our focus on the issue, more than once with you. What you did in your remarks and at each point where I used the word was to knowingly misrepresent what I'd said directly to you to leave a contrary impression.

I can see by your rep you are in with them
Nope. Most of soots aren't really speaking to me. I even picked on Tam about it, all the light hearted business and a 3-0 rep advantage by yours truly. Edit: some of them are continuing to be good sports though, to be fair. I've noted some of them prior. So it varies.

so go ahead modify my quotes
You mean change the odd way you post to take up less space? That's modifying how it's presented. You think that changes the meaning? :rolleyes:

and call me a liar
That's the word that fits someone who routinely misrepresents something, the way you did with me in your last. That's why you left out my backing up the charge. Because it's observably true but doesn't fit your desire.

I've simply had enough of it from you and from aCW. So when you lie about me in the future I'm going to note it and in a way you can't call dancing. Differ with me all you want, but lie and be prepared to be called on it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
seven out of the top twelve active threads are about same sex marriage
it is settled law
all someone has to do is write it
and
then someone has to approve it
there lies the problem
who is going to approve it?
kim won't
and
she is in jail

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, liar. I've never said that. I've said it was a necessary evil, legally speaking and one I find morally objectionable.

Excuse me but you seem to be endorsing same sex marriage by saying it is necessary evil.

He did not lie. Your wording is so vague, dear. You are sending mixed messages. It is not chris' fault the way he understood you.

You sound so hostile with this kind of interaction.

Just my 2 cents.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excuse me but you seem to be endorsing same sex marriage by saying it is necessary evil.

He did not lie. Your wording is so vague, dear. You are sending mixed messages. It is not chris' fault the way he understood you.

Just my 2 cents.

As usual, your opinion isn't worth 2 cents. Anyone without an agenda would understand that *necessary evil* in the scenario in which it was used means "liberty trumps religious reasoning".

Our country provides liberty for ALL ... not just those of a certain religion. There is no secular argument against same sex marriage, unions or relationships.

Chrys did NOT misunderstand TH ... he just prefers to dishonestly represent anyone who doesn't agree his men first, Republican agenda.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
As usual, your opinion isn't worth 2 cents. Anyone without an agenda would understand that *necessary evil* in the scenario in which it was used means "liberty trumps religious reasoning".

Our country provides liberty for ALL ... not just those of a certain religion. There is no secular argument against same sex marriage, unions or relationships.

Chrys did NOT misunderstand TH ... he just prefers to dishonestly represent anyone who doesn't agree his men first, Republican agenda.

You see this chris?
Rusha is one of majority. She counts a lot in this site.

Minority always lose in democracy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You see this chris?
Rusha is one of majority. She counts a lot in this site.

Minority always lose in democracy.

Get over yourself. The only reason you are so loyal to Chrys is because he helped pump up your rep, and he bashes those you hate.

glorydaz

Just my 2 cents.

You can't buy anything with 2 cents. Just keep it for a rainy day...I'm thinking you'll need it more than we do.