Religion and the Unforgivable Sin

Robert Pate

Banned
What is the unforgivable sin?

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men and whosoever that speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever that speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" Matthew 12:31, 32.

On the day of Pentecost the Gospel came into the world for the very first time in the power of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2: 4. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are inseparable. You cannot have one without the other. Paul makes this clear when he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the deliberate rejection of Christ and his Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. You cannot say that you believe in Jesus and then reject what he has done to justify you before a Holy God. This is why Christians are justified by faith. They are justified by faith because they are justified by Christ. Jesus Christ is their justifier, Romans 3:26.

Which brings us to religion. The Catholic church does not believe they are justified by Christ alone. They do not believe the Gospel. They believe that it is the Holy Spirit working in their lives that justifies them and makes them pleasing to God. To reject the saving work of Jesus Christ is to reject the Gospel and to commit the unpardonable sin.

Calvinist reject the Gospel and justification by faith. Their Gospel is that they have been predestinated to salvation before the foundation of the world. Which is another Gospel, Galatians 1:7. The Gospel of predestination is a false Gospel and perverts the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. No one will enter into heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ. If God does not see us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, we will most certainly perish.

No one will be saved that has not ceased from their works or their religion and has entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. To embrace Christ as your only means of salvation is to embrace his Gospel and to enter into his rest.

fishrovmen

The unforgivable sin is repeatedly and knowingly supplying caricatures and falsehoods just to get to "legend status" on TOL because all these threads say the same things as the others that were deleted. Guilty as charged. Maybe the mods will impute those previously canceled threads back to you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Matthew 12:22-32 states: :"Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26"And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27"And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

There is a possibility that, since Christ was speaking to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel at that time, perhaps the blasphemy spoken of is, only meant for that period of time? (Before the Grace Gospel is introduced by the Apostle Paul?) Thus, such a blasphemy cannot be committed during this Dispensation of Grace?

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 12:22-32 states: :"Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26"And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27"And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

There is a possibility that, since Christ was speaking to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel at that time, perhaps the blasphemy spoken of is, only meant for that period of time? (Before the Grace Gospel is introduced by the Apostle Paul?) Thus, such a blasphemy cannot be committed during this Dispensation of Grace?

It can be committed during this time. To reject Christ and his Gospel is to commit the unforgivable sin, Hebrews 10:26-29.

Robert Pate

Banned
The unforgivable sin is repeatedly and knowingly supplying caricatures and falsehoods just to get to "legend status" on TOL because all these threads say the same things as the others that were deleted. Guilty as charged. Maybe the mods will impute those previously canceled threads back to you.

The unforgivable sin is to reject Christ and his Gospel and to replace it with Calvinism.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No one will be saved that has not ceased from their works or their religion and has entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

And Jesus' day of rest is the seventh day of the week.

For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works" (Hebrews 4:4)​

Robert Pate

Banned
And Jesus' day of rest is the seventh day of the week.

For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works" (Hebrews 4:4)​

The question is... Have you ceased from your works and have entered into his rest? Hebrews 4:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That was not the question.

The question is... Have you ceased from your own works and are resting in the work of Christ?

I answered your question, I rest each week on the seventh day.

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. (Genesis 2:2)​

And then he went back to work and so do we.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)​

Do you work?

Ben Masada

What is the unforgivable sin?

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men and whosoever that speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever that speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" Matthew 12:31, 32.

On the day of Pentecost the Gospel came into the world for the very first time in the power of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2: 4. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are inseparable. You cannot have one without the other. Paul makes this clear when he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the deliberate rejection of Christ and his Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. You cannot say that you believe in Jesus and then reject what he has done to justify you before a Holy God. This is why Christians are justified by faith. They are justified by faith because they are justified by Christ. Jesus Christ is their justifier, Romans 3:26.

Which brings us to religion. The Catholic church does not believe they are justified by Christ alone. They do not believe the Gospel. They believe that it is the Holy Spirit working in their lives that justifies them and makes them pleasing to God. To reject the saving work of Jesus Christ is to reject the Gospel and to commit the unpardonable sin.

Calvinist reject the Gospel and justification by faith. Their Gospel is that they have been predestinated to salvation before the foundation of the world. Which is another Gospel, Galatians 1:7. The Gospel of predestination is a false Gospel and perverts the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. No one will enter into heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ. If God does not see us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, we will most certainly perish.

No one will be saved that has not ceased from their works or their religion and has entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. To embrace Christ as your only means of salvation is to embrace his Gospel and to enter into his rest.

The unforgivable sin is the sin of suicide. The Logic of the matter is that the one who commits suicide, he
or she has lost the chance to appeal for his or her forgiveness. Hence, no forgiveness.

Robert Pate

Banned
The unforgivable sin is the sin of suicide. The Logic of the matter is that the one who commits suicide, he
or she has lost the chance to appeal for his or her forgiveness. Hence, no forgiveness.

Where does it say that?

There will be no pleading for forgiveness in the judgment.

You will either be found in your sins or you will be found in Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

No forgiveness is necessary. The penalty for sin is death and once that penalty has been paid a person is freed from sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
I answered your question, I rest each week on the seventh day.

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. (Genesis 2:2)​

And then he went back to work and so do we.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)​

Do you work?

No, I don't work for my salvation.

How can you earn something that is already a gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, It will result in a one way ticket to hell.

When were they judged, i.e., who issues that ticket? Jesus said he doesn't.

And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. (John 12:47)​