red77's witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red: "...supporting immorality and supporting a process which may help those caught in a dangerous lifestyle..."

The best way is not to "tolerate" or support those who condone the "dangerous lifestyle" to begin with. Same with homos and drugs and any other sinful actions. Stop trying to find ways to justify your behavior. Really now, if you truly love supporting immorality, stop trying to hide it and fess up to what you really believe. At least then you wouldn't be seen as a lying hypocrite.

red77

Nineveh said:
red: "...supporting immorality and supporting a process which may help those caught in a dangerous lifestyle..."

The best way is not to "tolerate" or support those who condone the "dangerous lifestyle" to begin with. Same with homos and drugs and any other sinful actions. Stop trying to find ways to justify your behavior. Really now, if you truly love supporting immorality, stop trying to hide it and fess up to what you really believe. At least then you wouldn't be seen as a lying hypocrite.

If people see me as a lying hypocrite then thats up to them, I know I'm being true to myself and havent lied about anything. Have a nice day!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
If people see me as a lying hypocrite...

When folks do, it's because that's what happens when you speak out both sides of your mouth. It's a natural outcome.

red77

Nineveh said:
When folks do, it's because that's what happens when you speak out both sides of your mouth. It's a natural outcome.

Well if I had then you might have had a point, btw - you still havent addressed any of the answers in the intestinal clothesline thread - the whole reason why you made this spin off thread....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well if I had then you might have had a point, btw - you still havent addressed any of the answers in the intestinal clothesline thread - the whole reason why you made this spin off thread....

FAS's thread isn't the only one you have accused me of bearing false witness on. In fact, every time you give a "thumbs up" to godlessness you exonerate me. I know you keep trying to drag this thread away from the topic of your unrepentant false witness, but really, there is no need.

Real Sorceror

I'd rather not have your brand of pagan "repentance".
Then why do you want an apology at all? Red either doesn't believe hes wronged you, or he was intentionally trying to wrong you. Either way, his apology will be empty.

And FYI, sincere repentance is sincere repentance, regardless of religion.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Then why do you want an apology at all? Red either doesn't believe hes wronged you, or he was intentionally trying to wrong you. Either way, his apology will be empty.

And as you can see, there hasn't been one. I'd rather s/he remain unrepentant than continue in dishonesty. Repenting is a bit more than "lip service". Check out posts 112 and 115.

Repent: to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. - and - to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.

And FYI, sincere repentance is sincere repentance, regardless of religion.

Then why are you promoting non-repentance in this case?

Real Sorceror

And as you can see, there hasn't been one. I'd rather s/he remain unrepentant than continue in dishonesty. Repenting is a bit more than "lip service". Check out posts 112 and 115.

Repent: to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. - and - to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.
As I said, Red either believes he hasn't done anything wrong, or he was intentionally trying to wrong you. In either case, he does not feel sorry and sees no reason to apologize, and hounding him for a meaningful apology will accomplish nothing.
Because, from my perspective, you are asking for an apology for a percieved slight. Red has never struck me as someone who purposefully and maliciously offends people, so I believe that you are in the wrong. If I am mistaken, do correct me.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
As I said, Red either believes he hasn't done anything wrong, or he was intentionally trying to wrong you. In either case, he does not feel sorry and sees no reason to apologize, and hounding him for a meaningful apology will accomplish nothing.

Jesus says: "Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him." S/he has been rebuked.

red is free to ignore this issue... so are you, for that matter :)

Because, from my perspective, you are asking for an apology for a percieved slight. Red has never struck me as someone who purposefully and maliciously offends people, so I believe that you are in the wrong. If I am mistaken, do correct me.

Start at post #1 :)

red77

Nineveh - RS is right, any apology i make to you is going to be empty, and FAS's thread is directly linked to this one that you decided to create, this whole thing started over the death penalty, you asked me whether I agreed that murder is a capital crime, of the two options you provided I agreed that it is, if i hadnt then an apology would have been owing, but since that point the whole wrangling has been over supporting the death penalty, you claim that to not support it is paying 'lip service' to God's command, I claim that God abhors the innocent shedding of blood that has already been prooved would happen if capital punishment were to be enforced in Britain, other Christians have also pointed this out.....
So unless i'm completely missing something here I fail to see what I am supposed to be repentant of exactly, if its for agreeing with 'pagans' or whatnot then I'll not be apologising for that.....

Real Sorceror

Jesus says: "Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him." S/he has been rebuked.

red is free to ignore this issue... so are you, for that matter :)

Start at post #1 :)
Pfft. I read the first few pages, and I still don't see where he directly offended you, and I could care less if he offended Lightsnack.
And ya, I'll take your advice and ignore this non-issue.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Pfft. I read the first few pages, and I still don't see where he directly offended you,

I'm not "offended". Red has accused me of bearing false witness and that is a misjudgement.

and I could care less if he offended Lightsnack.

Step #1: Don't mention that which is not worth mentioning :)

And ya, I'll take your advice and ignore this non-issue.

Step #1: Don't reply to threads you are ignoring :)

zoo22

I'm not "offended". Red has accused me of bearing false witness and that is a misjudgment.

Well, this brings to mind a (true) story:

Once, during fellowship week, Squeaky accused (the other) Squeaky of bearing false witness (because of the Squeaky incident). That also seemed, perhaps, a gross misjudgment.

Squeaky accused (the other) Squeaky of bearing false witness to him (Squeaky, that is).

But (the other) Squeaky knew deep in his heart that he had not beared false witness to Squeaky, and he also knew that the subscribers knew this to be true. The subscribers did know this to be true: that (the other) Squeaky did not bear false witness to Squeaky. Now keep in mind that (the other) Squeaky did not get all up-in-arms because he thought he was being falsely accused by Squeaky of bearing false witness.

At first, Squeaky wouldn't forgive (the other) Squeaky; he was very upset. But then he found forgiveness in his heart and he repented for his unforgiveness (the original Squeaky repented, that is), and he forgave (the other) Squeaky.

And (the other) Squeaky also repented, because he found an understanding and kindness in his heart (or a boredom... but I digress) and (the other) relinquished his hold on being Squeaky, and he gave "Squeaky" back to Squeaky.

Through all that forgiveness and kindness and repentance, the squabbling and squeaking didn't stop, but it did settle down some.

All I'm saying is let bygones be bygones. It's fellowship week after all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.