Receiving Christ as Your Savior

theophilus

This is why God gave us his only begotten Son, John 3:16.

When you accept Christ as your savior, you have received the Kingdom of God.

1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

beloved57

The title of this thread is "Receiving Christ as Your Savior". No one seems to want to talk about receiving Christ as your savior. Calvinist do not believe that they need to receive Christ as their savior, seeing that they believe that they have predestinated to salvation before the foundation of the world. Who needs Christ and his Gospel?

Paul wrote, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16

No where in the bible does it say that "predestination" is the power of God unto salvation. Its not there because it is not true. No one will be saved that does not receive Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME" John 14:6.

Too bad you don't believe in Jesus Christ, teaching that sinners He died to save still wind up lost in their sins anyways!

Ben Masada

Receiving Christ as Your Savior!

What did he save, care to mention it to us? Because, he himself warned us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law as the only way to save oneself from hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31.

Robert Pate

Banned
Receiving Christ as Your Savior!

What did he save, care to mention it to us? Because, he himself warned us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law as the only way to save oneself from hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31.

If you would have listened to Moses and the law you would know that that you are a lost sinner in desperate need of a savior.

beloved57

If you would have listened to Moses and the law you would know that that you are a lost sinner in desperate need of a savior.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways. What kind of savior is that ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways. What kind of savior is that ?

Jesus didn't come into the world to save "Some Certain Persons". He came into the world to provide salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God created man to receive.

God in the person of Jesus Christ provides us with reconciliation, salvation and the forgiveness of sins. We have been reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, But nothing is ours until it is received.

"All things are of God who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

Our part is to receive what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

Not everyone has or will receive Christ as their savior.

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not" John 1:11.

If predestination were true, why would God not predestinate his own people to salvation? They rejected him and he rejected them. This is how it works, if you reject Christ he will reject you.

We are called to hear and believe the Gospel. On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel came into the world for the very first time in the power of the Holy Spirit 8,000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36. Which goes to prove what Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

God does not have to impose salvation on anyone. Why would he do that? Instead, he sends his only begotten Son into the world to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 and then he waits to see how we will respond. Some respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving, others don't respond at all. Christ hanging on the cross for our sins and the sins of humanity calls for a response. No response is a response.

God provides us with a savior. It is our responsibility to receive what God has provided for us. It is not your parents fault if you wind up in hell. Its your fault. You are personally responsible for what you do with Jesus Christ. Some will say, well I guess that I am not one of the predestinated ones. I say, hogwash. God predestinates no one to hell. You are not going to be able to blame God for you going to hell.
No.

beloved57

Jesus didn't come into the world to save "Some Certain Persons". He came into the world to provide salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

What kind of savior you believe in that failed to save sinners because they were to sinful ? Lol

Ben Masada

Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

You don't think that you are a sinner, so, Jesus is not your savior.

If Jesus came into the world to save sinners, why would he teach the sinners to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:29-31)If you ask me, it is because if you obey the Law, you are saved from the consequences of having transgressed the Law. Doesn't it make sense to you? If it doesn't, please, answer my question why he would teach
us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? The point is not if I am a sinner or not but if Jesus came to save me why would he warn me to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? Are you going to do something about this or not?

AgainstAll

"Whosoever transgresses ( breaks the Torah 1 John 3:4 ) and abides not in the doctrine of the Son, has not the Father. Whoever abides in the doctrine of the Son has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9

Doctrine of the Son = Luke 6:27-48 Matthew 7:24-28 John 15:12
Matthew 7:12
"the law" = Exodus 23:4-5 Exodus 23:9 Leviticus 19:18 Leviticus 19:33-34
"the prophets" = Jeremiah 22:3-5 Isaiah 58:5-10 Zechariah 7:9-12 Zechariah 8:14-17

We must believe everything about the Messiah, His life death and resurrection, and His Word.
John 15:7 Acts 16:30-34 and therefore live our lives with Matthew 7:12 always in mind;
and thereby fulfill Jeremiah 31:33

As we keep His simple commands in our minds and proclaim the second coming of the Messiah we fulfill Numbers 11:29 { Revelation 19:10 }
The Messiah is the fulfillment of all of Moses requests; Exodus 33:12-17 Exodus 34:9 Numbers 11:28-29

Revelation 22:14-15

Robert Pate

Banned
"Whosoever transgresses ( breaks the Torah 1 John 3:4 ) and abides not in the doctrine of the Son, has not the Father. Whoever abides in the doctrine of the Son has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9

Doctrine of the Son = Luke 6:27-48 Matthew 7:24-28 John 15:12
Matthew 7:12
"the law" = Exodus 23:4-5 Exodus 23:9 Leviticus 19:18 Leviticus 19:33-34
"the prophets" = Jeremiah 22:3-5 Isaiah 58:5-10 Zechariah 7:9-12 Zechariah 8:14-17

We must believe everything about the Messiah, His life death and resurrection, and His Word.
John 15:7 Acts 16:30-34 and therefore live our lives with Matthew 7:12 always in mind;
and thereby fulfill Jeremiah 31:33

As we keep His simple commands in our minds and proclaim the second coming of the Messiah we fulfill Numbers 11:29 { Revelation 19:10 }
The Messiah is the fulfillment of all of Moses requests; Exodus 33:12-17 Exodus 34:9 Numbers 11:28-29

Revelation 22:14-15

You don't have to do anything but believe that Jesus has saved you from your sins.

Salvation is a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. It cannot be earned by good works, nor can it be deserved.