ECT "Rebellion against Pauline authority"

Interplanner

Made up, The verses say nothing of the sort.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

It's hilarious to think that he thinks there was a ministry the 12 were going to do with the tribes, in the way he thinks. It would be more sensible to just go ahead and say he was going to have them do the Judaic worship system. Oops, it was already operating!

Danoh

I didn't reduce it to that. Christ did in Luke 19:44. Your problem is a lack of belief because of your having bought in to preterism, which now trumps the plain Words of Christ. I wouldn't be in your shoes for anything. You'd best repent of it while there's grace to repent.

Note his Preterist incompetence - their habit of prooftexting what and what is not...a figure of speech.

The guy is a clown. Plain...and simple.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luke 19:44.

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Do you even stop and listen how stupid you sound?

You want us to believe that in the future another stone temple is going to be built, then destroyed because of the actions of Jews 2,000 years or more beforehand.

Jesus said "they will dash you to the ground".

He wasn't speaking of people 2,000 years into the future.

You're embarrassing yourself, and showing your desperation in trying to defend your MAD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As far as I know you have no knowledge of 1st century history.

He knows, however he has decided to go down with the ship.

He can't have Luke 19 being fulfilled after Mid-Acts because it destroys his "age of grace" theory.

Without his "age of grace" theory, his MAD falls apart like a house of cards.

So, he desperately clings to his "stones and towers" while ignoring the fact that the Romans surrounded the temple just like Jesus said, that the Christians fled to the hills just like Jesus said, that the Romans built embankments just like Jesus said, that the city divided into three factions just like Jesus said, that the city was destroyed just like Jesus said, etc.

He can't have these prophecies being fulfilled because he has to protect his "age of grace" theory.

And, his "age of grace" theory can't have God casting His wrath down upon people after Mid-Acts.

Like you said, he's cornered (like a rat).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then there's Danoh.

Danoh has a "prophetic clock" theory.

Just like mysteryboy, Danoh has to ignore history in order to protect his "prophetic clock" theory.

Danoh can't have Luke 19, Luke 21, Matt 24, or Mark 13 fulfilled in 70AD because that would bring his "prophetic clock" theory crumbling down like a house of cards just like mystery boy's "age of grace" theory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is the truth/answer.

The new covenant was implemented at the cross in 30AD.

However, God waited one generation (40 years) for the old covenant to completely vanish for good.

Therefore, there was an overlap of the covenants from 30AD - 70AD.

The writer of Hebrews tells us so:

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

It's really simple when you don't have to defend the false teachings of men like Darby, Bullinger, Anderson, Stam, O'Hair, and other preachers of Dispensationalism.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Believers were entering the new covenant from the day of Pentecost onward.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

LA

Interplanner

:chuckle:

There obviously a misunderstanding here. The new covenant is with Christ. Yes, it is for the sake of believers eventually, but those in him. (This works the same way as the Seed in Gal 3, btw). Christ does for Israel what it should have done, and Christ is the benefit for Israel which God promised to Israel. That's why one of the end results is 'no one will say "Know the Lord"' because he is directly obvious. Nor is it the old Israel. It is also defined by Christ and those in Him.

I'm not aware of anything in the Christ-ian period that is not primarily defined by "in Christ."

So the new covenant is accessible from ancient time; it is simply one more descriptor of what Christ is and would do.

It is a reminder that the details of the baggage of the previous system of worship are a huge distraction and waste of effort, AKA, the 'weak and miserable elements of the world'--Gal 4, Col 2.

DAN P

He knows, however he has decided to go down with the ship.

He can't have Luke 19 being fulfilled after Mid-Acts because it destroys his "age of grace" theory.

Without his "age of grace" theory, his MAD falls apart like a house of cards.

So, he desperately clings to his "stones and towers" while ignoring the fact that the Romans surrounded the temple just like Jesus said, that the Christians fled to the hills just like Jesus said, that the Romans built embankments just like Jesus said, that the city divided into three factions just like Jesus said, that the city was destroyed just like Jesus said, etc.

He can't have these prophecies being fulfilled because he has to protect his "age of grace" theory.

And, his "age of grace" theory can't have God casting His wrath down upon people after Mid-Acts.

Like you said, he's cornered (like a rat).

The AGE /AION is found and used in Eph 2:7 and in Eph 3:5 so ther are AGES in the bible !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
New believers were entering the new covenant inaugurated by Jesus blood from the day of Pentecost onward.

There is no other way to be saved--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

DAN P

New believers were entering the new covenant inaugurated by Jesus blood from the day of Pentecost onward.

There is no other way to be saved--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

And in Acts 2:41 , the Greek word ADDED is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and means that Jesus was adding to that group and then STOPPED , so your CONTEXT and premise is wrong as they were are Jews , so when did you go from Gentile to Jew and those in Acts 2 are NOT in the Body of Christ and NOBODY knew there was a B O C !!

Just NIT PICKING again !!

DAN P

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And in Actys 2:41 , the Greek word ADDED is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and means that Jesus was adding to that group and then STOPPED , so your CONTEXT and premise is wrong as they were are Jews , so when did you go from Gentile to Jew and those in Acts 2 are NOT in the Body of Christ and NOBODY knew there was a B O C !!

There are no Gentiles in Christ. Christ only has one body, the church.

Colossians 1:18 And He is the head of the body, the church...

Colossians 1:24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of His body, which is the church.​

DAN P

There are no Gentiles in Christ. Christ only has one body, the church.

Colossians 1:18 And He is the head of the body, the church...

Colossians 1:24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of His body, which is the church.​

Hi jamie and you know that the Greek word EKKLESIA means Assembly OR I will keep on NIT PICKING YOU by pulling out your TARES from your WHEAT !!

dan p

DAN P

I quoted from the NKJV which is in English, not Greek.

Hi jamie and the so-called New Testament was written in Greek and that is why verb tenses are so important and I have the same problem , and it is hard to stop with a lot of PHRASES !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi jamie and the so-called New Testament was written in Greek and that is why verb tenses are so important and I have the same problem , and it is hard to stop with a lot of PHRASES !!

Ecclesia, which is what you referred to, is not a verb. Neither is assembly, congregation or church.