Real Science Radio: Now, Every (Comet) Scientist Works for Walt Brown!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Easy: The fountains of the great deep exploded with such force that the debris ejected into outer space reached superluminal speeds. Their speed was subsequently reduced by the drag created from the freezing of the water into ice crystals. Don't you know anything about the second law of thermodynamics?

:chuckle: Ah. Never thought about how the Dunning-Kruger effect might apply here.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quite. There are no mathematical models detailing how he works out the orbits that can be reached from that singular event, and how their orbits are changed to their current parameters.
Wrong, of course. The ideas are explained clearly.

How about you honestly represent them so we know you've read that which you are determined cannot be true.

There is no explanation how the very long period comets could have come back quite so quickly.

How about you honestly represent them so we know you've read that which you are determined cannot be true.

or whether when the first hyperbolic comet is discovered that will be a valid disproof on top of its failure to accurately predict anything about the solar system.
Well, nobody has the foggiest notion what you are talking about here, so we'll just ignore it.

It a woolly,post hoc and vague justification of his odd biblical fundamentalist literalism. I suspect even Brown himself doesn't really think it is a good model, but it is all he has.

Desperation won't help you.

And for post hoc, he sure has made a lot of predictions that have borne out.

For instance, the most striking was probably predicting that meteorites would be made up of rounded boulders.

Predictions are the currency of science and Dr Brown presents his up front and clearly.

That's the killer for Walt's story.
Nope.

Just your desperation.

How do we see a comet with a period of millions of years, returning in a solar system only a few thousand years old?

Kepler's laws rule out any shorter period for them.
Luckily, we don't have to pretend that the macro scope of the laws you are applying here would be the only things affecting tiny pieces of space debris.

Desperation will get you nowhere.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You mean because Walt's claims are physically impossible?
You're funny.

No, it's because, as stated in the link I just provided:

I certainly want my ideas tested and have frequently initiated and appreciated cordial, factual exchanges with scientists who are not creationists. But in a journal, who does the evaluation, and is there an unbiased process in which a writer who advances creation or the flood can challenge an evolutionist reviewer’s disagreement? Leading science journals have a solid history of hostility toward creationists, so evolutionists are both judge and jury. Who would want to make his case in a court run by an opponent? Why would that opponent publish your case?
(http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ310.html#wp8578718)

gcthomas

Brown's offer of a 'debate' with evolutionists emphasises the disparity between his book and a potential journal article. Has he ever read a top journal article? Has he seen the standard of rigour and, for sciences, mathematical modelling that would leave his efforts in the dust.

The only bias in most of these journals is one of quality. I would be interested to hear what happened when Brown submitted his bombshell paper to Nature.

Or, since he probably has never had a paper rejected, then he should stop bleating about how monstrously unfair the world of science is that they cant see his Newton/Einstein/Darwin-eclipsing genius that he has unilaterally declared, and set to on the task of making a submittable paper our of his woolly and nebulous and thoroughly non-quantitative book.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notice that when asked to support their accusations by demonstrating they know the material they are opposing, Darwinists ignore the challenge and make new accusations.

They think if they're always accusing, they can keep the discussion off things like evidence.

gcthomas

I'm still pretty sure that Walt's claims are physically impossible. But it's fun to pretend!

They are indeed impossible — none of my specific criticisms have ever been dealt with — but no fatal flaws can be tolerated as real, so they are just rejected with a 'get back when you have learned to read', or 'come back when you are willing to engage' or some other such juvenile trolling. Nothing productive ever comes from challenging someone's heart-felt irrational beliefs here.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are indeed impossible — none of my specific criticisms have ever been dealt with — but no fatal flaws can be tolerated as real, so they are just rejected with a 'get back when you have learned to read', or 'come back when you are willing to engage' or some other such juvenile trolling. Nothing productive ever comes from challenging someone's heart-felt irrational beliefs here.
More feelings and hand waving.

Get back to us when you're willing to discuss evidence. :up:

gcthomas

… There is no explanation how the very long period comets could have come back quite so quickly, or whether when the first hyperbolic comet is discovered that will be a valid disproof on top of its failure to accurately predict anything about the solar system.

And HERE IS that hyperbolic object I predicted: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/27/scientists-discover-interste.html

Come on, Brown fanboys — how can Hydroplate Theory explain bodies on hyperbolic paths that neither started nor will finish in this solar system?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
GC found a hyperbolic asteroid. We're trying to confirm that he thinks this came from another solar system.

Why shouldn't he think that this came from another solar system, you nimnu?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3MS8yNjEvb3JpZ2luYWwvaW50ZXJzdGVsbGFyLWNvbWV0LWFzdGVyb2lkLWEyMDE3LXUxLmdpZj8xNTA5MTE2MzAy

gcthomas

[MENTION=16154]User Name[/MENTION], I don't think he understand what a hyperbolic orbit is. :dunce:
[MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION]: if the fountains of the deep ejected this body with the energy it plainly has, or would have exceeded the escape velocity of the solar system. So how would it have come back?