Real Science Radio: Now, Every (Comet) Scientist Works for Walt Brown!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In another description of his view on the concept of God, Sagan emphatically writes:

The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying ... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity.[66]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan

And Newton denied that Jesus was God, and Kenneth Miller is a devout Catholic, so quite a range of opinions about God among the best scientists. It's a common misconception among creationists, that if one accepts scientific facts, one must have a particular religous outlook. Not every creationist is that dumb, of course, but there are plenty of dumb creationists.

Exhibit A:
Fzzl writes:
It's taken a while, Barbie, but I'm gradually getting a much clearer picture of your God.

Perfect.

fzappa13

And Newton denied that Jesus was God, and Kenneth Miller is a devout Catholic, so quite a range of opinions about God among the best scientists. It's a common misconception among creationists, that if one accepts scientific facts, one must have a particular religous outlook. Not every creationist is that dumb, of course, but there are plenty of dumb creationists.

Exhibit A:
Fzzl writes:

Perfect.

Seriously guy, the days that you live are the coin of your life and you spend them on that which you think is important. Most of your posts are dedicated to defending scientific orthodoxy ... and that is when you're not defending political orthodoxy.

Last edited:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
It's taken a while, Barbie, but I'm gradually getting a much clearer picture of your God.

barbie's god is an ineffectual god that used random mutations and natural selection to create man

iow, his feeble god is more interested in creating pain and suffering than improving man

i know who his "god" is

6days

Barbarian said:

Our salvation is not based on being a devout Catholic, *nor on how we understand science. Kenneth Miller is a Christian if he confesses that he is a sinner and Jesus is his Lord and Savior.*

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Seriously guy, the days that you live are the coin of your life and you spend them on that which you think is important.

What's more fun than science? Deflating the pompous twits who peddle their imaginary world as the real thing.

Most of your posts are dedicated to defending scientific orthodoxy

Except punk eek, and slab pull, and (well, I was wrong about thecodonts and birds, it seems) Some stuff just has way too much evidence to deny it.

... and that is when you're not defending political orthodoxy.

Left libertarians are "politically orthodox?" You honestly think so? :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, the currency of science is predictions. Thirteen years ago, a creationist predicted what has only recently been seen for the first time on a comet -- rounded rocks. This lends serious weight to the validity of the Hydroplate theory.

We know why evolutionists will say anything to not talk about the topic.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Predictions are the currency of science.

Thirteen years ago, it was predicted that most of the rocks (pebble-sized and larger) comprising asteroids and comets will be found to be rounded to some degree. This rounding was predicted based on the Hydropate theory, in which the rocks tumbled and were eroded in the fountains of the great deep.

With the first close-up images of a comet becoming available only recently and showing what have been dubbed "dinosaur eggs," rounded rocks of 1m to 3m in diameter, this is what we call a successful prediction.

Which is why the evolutionists are desperate to avoid the topic, or talk about something, anything, else.

http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2015/01/23/creation/dinosaur-eggs-comet-67p/

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Since all observed rocks in space are "rounded to some degree", it's not remarkable that the rocks on comets (predicted long before Walt's "postdiction") are also "rounded to some degree."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Meanwhile, the currency of science is predictions. Thirteen years ago, a creationist predicted what has only recently been seen for the first time on a comet -- rounded rocks.

What other shape for rocks might have been expected?

fzappa13

What's more fun than science? Deflating the pompous twits who peddle their imaginary world as the real thing.

Except punk eek, and slab pull, and (well, I was wrong about thecodonts and birds, it seems) Some stuff just has way too much evidence to deny it.

Left libertarians are "politically orthodox?" You honestly think so? :plain:

Okay, I'm making a citizens arrest. Time to read you your "Miranda rights", to wit:

You have the right to remain ignorant.

Anything you say may be used against you in a court of public opinion.

You have the right to think before speaking to the public and to be ridiculed should you fail to do this now or in the future.

If you have an inability to think, someone with a brain will be provided you if you wish.

If you decide to speak now, without thinking, you will still have the right to stop talking at any time until you talk to someone with a brain.

Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to continue to talk without thinking?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We need a tumbleweed smiley. :think:

Predictions are the currency of science. Walt Brown predicted 13 years ago that rocks on comets would be rounded by the forces acting on them as they were propelled into space by the fountains of the great deep. Last year, when men finally got an opportunity to see close-up images of a comet, they found it to be covered in "dinosaur eggs"; rocks of one to three meters diameter that are round.

That's what is known as a successful prediction. However, the evolutionists, despite untold claims that creationists cannot make predictions, are determined to see this topic forgotten until they can rewrite history.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Okay, I'm making a citizens arrest.

You'd have to be a citizen to do that.

Time to read you your "Miranda rights", to wit:

You have the right to remain ignorant.

I waived that right, a long time ago. But I don't mind you continuing to exercise that right. Carry on.

Anything you say may be used against you in a court of public opinion.

Remember your "Sun goes around the Earth" story? And yes, you have the right to believe it.