Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bergman, Bats and Bellybuttons

This is the show from Friday June 18th, 2010.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
If tatoos become really popular so that women are attracted to men who have tatoos, how long will that be the fad before kids start being born with tatoos? When is that going to happen? How stupid could Darwin be and all the world full of evolutionists?

SUMMARY:

Dr. Jerry Bergman is Back: Bob Enyart concludes his fascinating interview with Dr. Jerry Bergman, author of Slaughter of the Dissidents (available at creation.com) and the most prolific author in the creation movement. Bob and Dr. Bergman discuss bat anatomy and how they drive evolutionists batty, peacock feathers and how Japanese researchers have proven Darwin wrong on peacock sex selection, epigenetics, strata boundaries that lack erosion, and Adam's bellybutton. Listen also to last week's Real Science Friday show with Dr. Bergman.

* Personhood: is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Check out MyCampaignTracker.org and ask God to prepare you for the launch of Colorado's Amendment 62 personhood campaign!

On Debating Bob: Well-received British author James Hannam wrote an article, Debating a Young-Earth Creationist about Bob Enyart's discussion with him on theistic evolution. It's worth a read.

Today’s Resource: Get what is possibly the greatest single resource available for those seeking a biblical understanding of Capital punishment; get the video God and the Death Penalty and read the article You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaincing and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

Jukia

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Quote:
If tatoos become really popular so that women are attracted to men who have tatoos, how long will that be the fad before kids start being born with tatoos? When is that going to happen? How stupid could Darwin be and all the world full of evolutionists?

This is the best quote of the show? Who said it? I can understand if Pastor Bob said it but if Dr. Bergman said it!

Well he did get his PhD in human biology from Columbia Pacific University, a school closed down by the state of California because it was a joke. So perhaps it is just clear that neither Pastor Bob nor Dr. Jerry have any real understanding of science.

Squishes

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Quote:

This is the best quote of the show? Who said it? I can understand if Pastor Bob said it but if Dr. Bergman said it!

Well he did get his PhD in human biology from Columbia Pacific University, a school closed down by the state of California because it was a joke. So perhaps it is just clear that neither Pastor Bob nor Dr. Jerry have any real understanding of science.

Honestly, that is the one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Tattoos, hmmm.

Wow.

That is really, truly, idiotic commentary at its best. Or worst. Depending on how you look at it.

And this makes up the "best" comment of this "fascinating" interview, now does it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite doesn't seem to agree with Bob. :think:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the best quote of the show? Who said it? I can understand if Pastor Bob said it but if Dr. Bergman said it! Well he did get his PhD in human biology from Columbia Pacific University, a school closed down by the state of California because it was a joke. So perhaps it is just clear that neither Pastor Bob nor Dr. Jerry have any real understanding of science.

Do you not agree with it?

Alate_One

Do you not agree with it?

It's an incredibly moronic statement, no one that knows anything about biology is going to agree with it. Apparently Bob doesn't even understand biology much less evolution.

Tattoos aren't heritable, by definition. You can't select for something that isn't heritable. You may as well expect baby girls during the 50s to be born with beehive hairdos because they are all the rage . . .

Do you think people that lose limbs in war have kids without limbs too?

Someone has apparently confused Lamarckism with the theory of Evolution.

One Eyed Jack

I think they were probably just poking fun at Lamarckism, as Lamarck had some screwy ideas about heritability (giraffes stretching their necks, and so forth). Sort of like saying you'd think Jewish males would be born without foreskins by now.

Alate_One

I think they were probably just poking fun at Lamarckism, as Lamarck had some screwy ideas about heritability (giraffes stretching their necks, and so forth). Sort of like saying you'd think Jewish males would be born without foreskins by now.

With this as context . .
How stupid could Darwin be and all the world full of evolutionists?

. . . I don't think so. I think Bob has proven himself to be THAT ignorant of biology.

Alate_One

Darwin presents some Lamarckian ideas in Variation in Plants and Animals under Domestication.
No "evolutionist" in a century has promoted anything remotely resembling what Enyart said . . I think even Darwin himself would have balked.

Fact is Darwin didn't know anything about how heredity worked. We do now and its incorporated into the modern synthesis. You people do know that there's been a lot of refinement and knowledge gained since Darwin, right? :hammer:

some other dude

So you're saying that the show is best viewed as a comedy show? OK.

Jukia

So you're saying that the show is best viewed as a comedy show? OK.

Works for me, except of course for his hateful comments on occasion, there is usually nothing funny about that. Pastor Bob's fundamentalist insights into science however are a real hoot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No "evolutionist" in a century has promoted anything remotely resembling what Enyart said . . I think even Darwin himself would have balked.

Fact is Darwin didn't know anything about how heredity worked. We do now and its incorporated into the modern synthesis. You people do know that there's been a lot of refinement and knowledge gained since Darwin, right? :hammer:

I think they get confused because they apply their own standards to everyone else. Their own book hasn't changed in 2,000 years so the idea that science and evolution isn't totally dependent on Origins seems to genuinely baffle them.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's an incredibly moronic statement, no one that knows anything about biology is going to agree with it.

So you think tattoos might one day become inheritable?

Tattoos aren't heritable, by definition. You can't select for something that isn't heritable. You may as well expect baby girls during the 50s to be born with beehive hairdos because they are all the rage . . .
OK, now I'm confused. :confused:

Do you think people that lose limbs in war have kids without limbs too?
No. Do you? :confused:

Someone has apparently confused Lamarckism with the theory of Evolution.

I think that probably happened too. :)

Alate_One

So you think tattoos might one day become inheritable?
No, but apparently Bob thinks modern "evolutionists" think that . . . . which only shows how ignorant HE is.

OK, now I'm confused. :confused:
What else is new? Evolution does not work on things that are not inherited . .get it? :rolleyes:

No. Do you?
No.

I think that probably happened too. :)
Yeah and apparently it was Bob. Why he thinks he has any background to be debating evolution after making statements like the "quote of the show" is beyond me. Even my first year biology students would find that statement hilariously stupid.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, but apparently Bob thinks modern "evolutionists" think that . . . . which only shows how ignorant HE is.

:chuckle:

We now know that you think he believes that evolutionists think something silly.

:mock: Alate.

What else is new? Evolution does not work on things that are not inherited . .get it? :rolleyes:
Evolution doesn't work on anything. :idunno:

So we agree. Why do you not agree with Pastor Enyart?

Yeah and apparently it was Bob. Why he thinks he has any background to be debating evolution after making statements like the "quote of the show" is beyond me. Even my first year biology students would find that statement hilariously stupid.

They would disagree with it too? Shocking!

Alate_One

We now know that you think he believes that evolutionists think something silly.
Apparently he does believe all kinds of wrong things about evolution . . . though that really isn't news.

Evolution doesn't work on anything. :idunno:
Sure it does . . . you keep asserting this with all the evidence to the contrary.

So we agree. Why do you not agree with Pastor Enyart?
He stated that something NOBODY with any sense actually believes, is believed by a large number of people. Why would I agree with that? It is MORONIC. Do you not get this, Stripe? Or do you need to have one of those little sit down and thinks?

So for the low low price of 24.99 I could see if Bob actually wasn't a complete failure in said debate? If you're truly proud of this, why not post the transcript?

Bob has never answered any of the challenges I have posted about his "Wrong Science Friday" segments. Everything he's posted is ignorant supposition after moronic statement. Why should I believe he magically "got better" with Ms. Scott? Why should PZ Myers want to waste time on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.