Re: Bob Enyart

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:dizzy: I hope you don't ref any sports events, given your interpretations of who wins or loses. :juggle:
:ha:

In round four of BRX, Lamerson stated:
Bob, would you be willing to pick out the three best passages of Scripture for the openness view? I will agree that if I fail to show how those passages fail to show that God did not know the future then I lose the debate.

Bob presented his three passages in round eight, and Lamerson did not address them at all in his remaining posts. Ouch! (See Bob's tenth round post, under the heading "Losing on Settled View Terms".)

So Lamerson lost BRX by his own standard. I think you'd do well to take Lamerson's word on this matter over Hilston's.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

Hilston is also an Acts9 Dispie, and claims to have debated Calvinists even more than he has open theists. He'd have plenty to disagree with you on also. I like Hilston, I've let him explain his beliefs to me, and I've read all the articles you linked, and several others from his church's website. I even bought a tape series from his church on the topic of presuppositional apologetics, which I think he is great on. I can't see how his beliefs on determinism work logically though, and his critiques of Enyart are interesting but do not convince me that Bob is off track. He does compliment Bob in at least a few places in his Plot critique btw.

As for the real subject of this thread... :) Nang, Bob is very busy, but easily accessible by calling his show. I'd bet if you call and tell Will you'd like to talk to Bob off the air he'd talk to you after the show also. If you arent willing to at least try that, you should drop the attitude.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang, Bob is very busy, but easily accessible by calling his show. I'd bet if you call and tell Will you'd like to talk to Bob off the air he'd talk to you after the show also. If you arent willing to at least try that, you should drop the attitude.

That's o.k.

I have decided I don't want to talk with Bob.

Because, after reading more of his past debates, I conclude he would just talk at me, and not with me.

I am much too busy for that . . .

Nang

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's o.k.

I have decided I don't want to talk with Bob.

Because, after reading more of his past debates, I conclude he would just talk at me, and not with me.

I am much too busy for that . . .

Nang

You are completely wrong about that. Bob is very easy to talk to and is very thorough on the topics he covers. If you call in and have a question, he will answer it. If you want to make a point then you can make it. Just be prepared to have an actual dialog to defend your point or view depending on what it is.

Don't take the easy way out, consider giving him a call!

Maybe listen to some shows first to get some examples of some calls.

http://www.kgov.com/bel/archive

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You are completely wrong about that. Bob is very easy to talk to and is very thorough on the topics he covers. If you call in and have a question, he will answer it. If you want to make a point then you can make it. Just be prepared to have an actual dialog to defend your point or view depending on what it is.

Don't take the easy way out, consider giving him a call!

Maybe listen to some shows first to get some examples of some calls.

http://www.kgov.com/bel/archive

Uhh . . .maybe you people do not understand, but to "call in" to Bob, would be like approaching his throne on my belly.

All dialogue would be on his terms and probably quite abbreviated.

That is the reason for this kind of forum, IMO.

It levels the field between the famous radio personality and a lowly and humble grandmother.

Besides, I am only trying to lure him in and set him up for confrontation with AMR . . . :chuckle:

Nang

PKevman

Uhh . . .maybe you people do not understand, but to "call in" to Bob, would be like approaching his throne on my belly.

All dialogue would be on his terms and probably quite abbreviated.

That is the reason for this kind of forum, IMO.

It levels the field between the famous radio personality and a lowly and humble grandmother.

Besides, I am only trying to lure him in and set him up for confrontation with AMR . . . :chuckle:

Nang

This is so ridiculous. I happen to have met Bob Enyart personally, and I know he is nothing like what you describe. You are the person with the pride problem here. "Lowly and humble"? You are hardly that.

I respect the fact that you are a grandmother, but you have to be one of the rudest grandmothers I have ever conversed with. This thread is a perfect indication of that.

And AMR has been thoroughly trounced many times already on this board, the result would be no different if he debated Bob.

You are only trying to impugn the character of a man of God simply because you happen to think you are right on a theological issue. If you are right and can defend your positions Scripturally, then why do you have to resort to such laughable tactics as this entire thread?

Mr. 5020

This is so ridiculous. I happen to have met Bob Enyart personally, and I know he is nothing like what you describe. You are the person with the pride problem here. "Lowly and humble"? You are hardly that.

I respect the fact that you are a grandmother, but you have to be one of the rudest grandmothers I have ever conversed with. This thread is a perfect indication of that.

And AMR has been thoroughly trounced many times already on this board, the result would be no different if he debated Bob.

You are only trying to impugn the character of a man of God simply because you happen to think you are right on a theological issue. If you are right and can defend your positions Scripturally, then why do you have to resort to such laughable tactics as this entire thread?
Because she's an idiot? :idunno:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Would you like to know what NANG stands for?

Where? When?

Must have missed it!

You are only trying to impugn the character of a man of God simply because you happen to think you are right on a theological issue.

Impugn the character of Bob?

Just because I would like to talk to him?

You are revealing the obvious paranoia of the OVT people, IMO.

If you are right and can defend your positions Scripturally, then why do you have to resort to such laughable tactics as this entire thread?

Can't discuss Scripture with persons who apparently are too busy for such discussions . . .

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Interesting . . .

I am receiving neg reps, mostly from TOL heirarchy. . .simply because I said I would like to talk to Bob.

Why?

Like I bothered Bob, or something?

At this point, I hope Bob does not bother me.

I am too busy and have lost interest . . .

Nang

PKevman

Interesting . . .

I am receiving neg reps, mostly from TOL heirarchy. . .simply because I said I would like to talk to Bob.

Why?

Like I bothered Bob, or something?

At this point, I hope Bob does not bother me.

I am too busy and have lost interest . . .

Nang

Maybe it's because you dishonestly say things like this:

Nang said:
Can't discuss Scripture with persons who apparently are too busy for such discussions

When you have been given a perfectly reasonable way to communicate with Bob. If you really wanted to have a discussion with him, you would call his show.

Instead you attempt to impugn his character to say that Bob "won't talk to you". This is a lie when you are unwilling to put any effort into trying to contact him.