ECT Rapture Alert?! April 23 The End?!

https://youtu.be/8aqssgBfc1k

You know it's not, but I think exposing David Meade, and false doctrine is a good thing to do. Have you ever noticed that every prediction about Christ's return on a specific date is wrong? Ever noticed that many people build their theology upon a false foundation? That foundation might not be something you've ever thought, or questioned before.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Interplanner

There is huge confusion about one reference for one situation being used as the main feature of the 2nd coming these days. It is not the main feature. Paul was just trying to explain how dead and living Christians would be rejoined had the Father decided that the end of the world was right after the destruction of Jerusalem, which He decided against, as we know.

Thanks, Hal.

But fortunately we now know much more about NT background than people in the early days of "Christian TV."

SaulToPaul 2

There is huge confusion about one reference for one situation being used as the main feature of the 2nd coming these days. It is not the main feature. Paul was just trying to explain how dead and living Christians would be rejoined had the Father decided that the end of the world was right after the destruction of Jerusalem, which He decided against, as we know.

Thanks, Hal.

But fortunately we now know much more about NT background than people in the early days of "Christian TV."

Thanks for a humanist opinion.

Interplanner

All I'm doing is what a speaker for Inst for Creation Research did yesterday in reference to the preservation of Biblical texts: he noted that Josephus records the safe-keeping of texts by Qumran members in jars to save them from Roman invasion.

That is not a 'Humanist' fact, it is a sheer or brute fact.

No facts about the DofJ are 'Humanist'; they are sheer or brute fact.

You are just totally insecure in your beliefs.

whitestone

All I'm doing is what a speaker for Inst for Creation Research did yesterday in reference to the preservation of Biblical texts: he noted that Josephus records the safe-keeping of texts by Qumran members in jars to save them from Roman invasion.

That is not a 'Humanist' fact, it is a sheer or brute fact.

No facts about the DofJ are 'Humanist'; they are sheer or brute fact.

You are just totally insecure in your beliefs.

Wait,,,wasn't Josephus friends with Vespasian and Titus?,how much sense would it make to hide something from the Romans and let Josephus know?

Danoh

Wait,,,wasn't Josephus friends with Vespasian and Titus?,how much sense would it make to hide something from the Romans and let Josephus know?

Prior to all that, he had been very much more than merely a participant in many aspects of his people's life, culture, and goings on - with- his people.

whitestone

Prior to all that, he had been very much more than merely a participant in many aspects of his people's life, culture, and goings on - with- his people.

lol, well I suppose he did live with Bannus in the desert from when he was sixteen till nineteen,,,

Interplanner

Josephus' accounts were written later, not during the conflict. We don't know exactly what he knew and when on texts. The Romans destroyed much of what they found on Masada, but they didn't know about Qumran at the time.

whitestone

Josephus' accounts were written later, not during the conflict. We don't know exactly what he knew and when on texts. The Romans destroyed much of what they found on Masada, but they didn't know about Qumran at the time.

In post #4 you said that from his writings he said that they preserved their writings in "Jars" to keep them from the Romans, where did the speaker you referred to say it was written in Josephus's writings?

john w

Hall of Fame
Further proof that the essay yesterday on redemption in Christ posted by you was a fraud pasted by you but written by someone else.

Made up, you wicked demon, who just copies'npastes "'Jesus' is Israel..'Jesus' is a covenant," from other writers, "someone else."

Poser, clown.

And ever notice that this Butch fraud, punk, rarely posts the actual words of the book? Further proof that you hate the scriptures, devil child, Judas follower, who asserts, on record, that his saint Judas preached the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

You vile, wicked demon. Get off this site, piece of satanic trash.

Danoh

lol, well I suppose he did live with Bannus in the desert from when he was sixteen till nineteen,,,

It has always seemed to me that he sold his own out, out of expediency.

In other words, because he saw that given their chosen path, theirs had ended up an unavoidable lost cause.

Not only his given his obviously ever growing awareness of the blindness of his own to their chosen path, but of their blindness to the long since proven military might of that even now astounding Mighty Roman Empire.

And what a force of nature that Empire had been!

But that does not mean the guy had ceased caring about his people somewhere in him.

And we see this sort of duality at times in some of his own, in Scripture - their sell out, out of expedience, and yet the later redemption of some of them.

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. 22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the **** shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

As with those in that evil Hitler's day, who sold out there own to that monster's nightnares.

And those who did, but then somewhat redeemed themselves by turning back to the aid of their own - as if the love of their own had not really died altogether in them, all along.

It is said that in the end, Josephus returned to his faith.

God knoweth.

And Rom. 5:6-8.

whitestone

It has always seemed to me that he sold his own out, out of expediency.

In other words, because he saw that given their chosen path, theirs had ended up an unavoidable lost cause.

Not only his given his obviously ever growing awareness of the blindness of his own to their chosen path, but of their blindness to the long since proven military might of that even now astounding Mighty Roman Empire.

And what a force of nature that Empire had been!

But that does not mean the guy had ceased caring about his people somewhere in him.

And we see this sort of duality at times in some of his own, in Scripture - their sell out, out of expedience, and yet the later redemption of some of them.

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. 22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the **** shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

As with those in that evil Hitler's day, who sold out there own to that monster's nightnares.

And those who did, but then somewhat redeemed themselves by turning back to the aid of their own - as if the love of their own had not really died altogether in them, all along.

It is said that in the end, Josephus returned to his faith.

God knoweth.

And Rom. 5:6-8.

lol, Josephus was born a Sadducee when he was sixteen he determined to look into the different sects of Judaism in the end he was an Pharisee. He spent three years in the desert with Bannus(according to his autobiography),,,other than that in Wars.2,chapter 8 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/war-2.html is where he describes the manner of doctrine of the Essenes(but then I didn't interpret it in college like IP,lol)....

Danoh

lol, Josephus was born a Sadducee when he was sixteen he determined to look into the different sects of Judaism in the end he was an Pharisee. He spent three years in the desert with Bannus(according to his autobiography),,,other than that in Wars.2,chapter 8 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/war-2.html is where he describes the manner of doctrine of the Essenes(but then I didn't interpret it in college like IP,lol)....

Your point being?

Rom. 14: 5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Interplanner

WhiteS,
I don't know what the Romans knew about Qumran through Josephus, if that is what you are criticizing. With armed rebellion to deal with since the Census in 6 AD, I don't think they were going to check every cave in Judea for texts. So you might say it was inevitable that somewhere in Israel at least one 'safe' collection of them was going to survive the siege of the country.