Raising sluts

Adam

Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
Awwww!!! I love the Anne Geddes babies! I decorated the girls' room in Anne Geddes posters.

I think there's a big difference between beautiful, timeless and classic photos and brash and blatant 'trendiness'.
I didn't say we despise them because they're immoral or anything, we just don't like them.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Somebody gave us an Anne Geddes book once.

I have to admit it was a bit strange.

OK, so ya take a few cute pictures of some naked babies in funny settings - I guess I get that. But after the first few images it starts to get a bit monotonous and odd.

beanieboy

The thing is, the babies are naked, and no one says, "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE NAKED!"

But I have to agree - they're creepy. They are coming out of everywhere - flower pots, ears of corn - it's like you are infested with babies. And they have an element of "fer cuuuuuute" girliniess to them that only a purple unicorn running under a rainbow can surpass.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
The thing is, the babies are naked, and no one says, "OH MY GOD! THEY'RE NAKED!"

But I have to agree - they're creepy. They are coming out of everywhere - flower pots, ears of corn - it's like you are infested with babies. And they have an element of "fer cuuuuuute" girliniess to them that only a purple unicorn running under a rainbow can surpass.
I don't freak out when I see a picture of a naked baby and I don't know anyone who does. However, making a living taking pictures of naked babies does strike me as a bit odd.

beanieboy

It's not the nakedness as much as having them as bees or coming out of peapods.
It's somewhere between being invaded by rats/squirrels/mice etc and someone who keeps wanting to show you pictures of their grandchildren. "It's that just precious???"

But the link that I showed is similar to the Bratz doll.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the Bratz dolls are asinine. They are sluts to be sure.

My daughters have seen them in stores and think they are weird.

No Bratz dolls in my house.

beanieboy

Knight said:
I think the Bratz dolls are asinine. They are sluts to be sure.

My daughters have seen them in stores and think they are weird.

No Bratz dolls in my house.

What about Barbie?
Is she a skank?

And are the girls guilty of being sluts because they have sex with G.I. Joe, or are they being judged simply by outer appearance?
And that is a good thing to teach children?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
fool said:
Maybe someone could invent "Theonomy Bob" and he could execute Ken for his unrepentent homoness.
:: pictures somebody buying up all the Ken dolls in town, lining them up against a wall and shooting them with a .22 ::

:Grizzly:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
You have problems with Anne Geddes babies?
Do you yell "Slut!" to the 1year old girl running around in just her diaper?
I don't think you can compare the two. Those dolls are taking babies and depicting them as older girls and dressing them in provative clothing. I really don't think they will promote any sluttiness in the girls who play with them, but I also think the comparison to that picture you posted is off base.

Redfin

fool said:
Maybe someone could invent "Theonomy Bob" and he could execute Ken for his unrepentent homoness.

I have to admit, that's pretty funny, sorta, kinda... :crackup:

Redfin

After reading this thread, I just noticed those Bratz dolls in the store today (for the first time).

They are kinda :Whipsnap: + :baby: :vomit:

firechyld

cattyfan said:
on the radio yesterday, they were talking about the trend in grade-school age girls' underwear: thongs. Why in the world would a six year-old need a thong?

Either for comfort or to eliminate the whole visible panty line thing?

I can assure you that sex workers get more requests for display of visible panties than they do for g-strings.

As long as they aren't hanging out of their pants, where's the issue?

firechyld

I went on a Toys R Us frolic yesterday. Saw some Bratz dolls. Saw some Barbies.

Saw two little girls begging their mother for spiderman action figures. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

I know when I was a kid I could tell the difference between "stuff my dolls wear" and "stuff I wear".