Rainbows impossible before after the "Noah Flood"?

inge.myking

My understanding of the time from creation in Genesis to the Flood is that the earth was surrounded by water, maybe where the ozone layer is now. The way the Flood is explained to me is that this fell down and was the main cause of the flood, following by the 40 days of rain. I have always understood that the rainbow appeared the fist time the sun hit the raindrops falling. The other day I saw a waterfall where there are rainbow in the "mist" every day the sun shines. Noah was told by God to build the Arch at a hill or mountain. Anyone who have a theory to why the waterfalls in the days of Noah did't show a rainbow?

inge.myking

Good question. I guess my thinking of this is that according to Genesis 9 where God said that this is The sign of His Covenant. I normally connect The Covenant with The first appearence of a rainbow in The sky. Of course this may not mean that rainbows never appearence other places? It just struck me as a question.
9ed6a405b882b065a9a7c4894fcd5947.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good question. I guess my thinking of this is that according to Genesis 9 where God said that this is The sign of His Covenant. I normally connect The Covenant with The first appearence of a rainbow in The sky. Of course this may not mean that rainbows never appearence other places? It just struck me as a question.
9ed6a405b882b065a9a7c4894fcd5947.jpg

Welcome to TOL !! :wave2:

inge.myking

Thanks;-) Good to have somewhere to ask some of The questions that "only a mind like mine" comes up with... Think someone once said "Ask and You will receive! :)

Interplanner

Inge--
I researched these areas before writing a novel last fall DELUGE OF SUSPICIONS. I did my research right after the Seattle Creation conference, which has many links to chase down and lots of resources. The back of the novel has a resource list. Here are a few features that pertain:

1, most research is now down on vertical or catastrophic plate tectonics. The flood waters are not directly from the sky. The water volume is from the 'great deep,' and even the Enuma Elish about Gilgamesh pictures things that way. There is simply too much physical evidence that the volumes of water involved are way, way beyond rainfall. Beyond. Not excluding. Beyond. The mantle and subterranean water under the mantle were jerked around in catastrophic fashion. The Genesis expression is the 'fountains of the great deep were broken open.'

For ex., we now know that the whole center of Australia is a deposit. How do you get enough hydraulic force to move that much sediment that far? How do you twist granite like Ayers Rock into a J shape? And yet the particles of it are rough, not rounded, so it happened very recently. Why is the Grand Canyon full of sediment from New England, etc?

2, there was a canopy and it had some water, but these same Christian scientists on CTP now think that there was a mineral in it because there are so many physics problems with just plain water/ice for such a canopy, and because there are traces of this mineral all over the surface of the earth. It's in the resource list, but I don't recall the name. It affected color, oxygen and UV.

Here's some of the scientists to follow:

Dr. E. Silvestru (d. 2014)
T. Walker
P. Nurre (NW creation museum)
M. Oard
P. Giem
C. Johnson
J. Baumgardner. CATASTROPHIC PLATE TECTONICS.

See youtube on most of these for lectures.

6days

The way the Flood is explained to me is that this fell down and was the main cause of the flood....
I don't know any knowledgable Christian who believes that. The Bible tells us that the fountains of the deep opened. That explains where the water came from, and why the earth that existed then, was destroyed

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My understanding of the time from creation in Genesis to the Flood is that the earth was surrounded by water, maybe where the ozone layer is now.

The text indicates the water was under the crust.

Anyone who have a theory to why the waterfalls in the days of Noah did't show a rainbow?

I don't see it that way. Who says they didn't? The rainbow which exists when water refracts the light is the sign, a reminder of his promise.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rainbows in the clouds are droplets of water acting as a prism for sunlight, hence the spectrum.

marhig

I remember I was watering the garden and I saw a rainbow in the spray, and I thought that people think God is far away and untouchable like a rainbow in the sky, but the mirror image of the bow in the sky was on the earth the water spray, but it had to have the right conditions. The sun and the rain. And I thought that God is closer than we think, just like the image of the rainbow in the spray, he comes right down to the earth, which is in us. We just need the right conditions. And once the conditions are right, having the word (living water) and the the light (the son) we see the image of God, which is Christ in the heart by the spirit and our eyes ears are opened, and we are alive in God.

inge.myking

I'm as You may see new here and absolutely no theologican; but like many of us I find it interesting to chech out some theories, even if they don't hold. I also understand that many of You can easy see that I fall into The trap of simplifying and maybe even demonstrate my school-English, wich is absolutely not my first language. Of course I know, but did forget it in The moment of writing The first post, about The water from under The crust, but according to Genesis 7.11 it also sais that "The floodgates of Heaven opened". I guess my focus was more about The rainbows, wich doesn't appear without water in The air. To me it is still a possability that Genesis 1.6-8 means that there was water surrounding The earth. If all water from The sky, The earth and under The earth made The flood. So my question is based on my understanding of this, would water over The vault hinder creation of rainbows by a waterfall? If my understanding is "crazy", well - that may be, but it doesn't really affect my faith in God at all, and one day I guess I will be able to ask Noah himself - so 'till then I will continue with The main task, wich is far from focusing on rainbows;-)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It isn't reasonable to say that there were no rainbows before the Flood- because it is something God must prevent rather than perform. That doesn't strike as something of God, to hinder a basic work of nature just to later indicate it in a promise.

Rather, it simply meant to Noah at the time that the sun had broke through the clouds, meaning the deluge was over.

Interplanner

I'm as You may see new here and absolutely no theologican; but like many of us I find it interesting to chech out some theories, even if they don't hold. I also understand that many of You can easy see that I fall into The trap of simplifying and maybe even demonstrate my school-English, wich is absolutely not my first language. Of course I know, but did forget it in The moment of writing The first post, about The water from under The crust, but according to Genesis 7.11 it also sais that "The floodgates of Heaven opened". I guess my focus was more about The rainbows, wich doesn't appear without water in The air. To me it is still a possability that Genesis 1.6-8 means that there was water surrounding The earth. If all water from The sky, The earth and under The earth made The flood. So my question is based on my understanding of this, would water over The vault hinder creation of rainbows by a waterfall? If my understanding is "crazy", well - that may be, but it doesn't really affect my faith in God at all, and one day I guess I will be able to ask Noah himself - so 'till then I will continue with The main task, wich is far from focusing on rainbows;-)

Some of the geologists I mentioned say the waters of the deep were blasted into the atmosphere and thus you had "rain" for months.

Epoisses

there was a canopy and it had some water, but these same Christian scientists on CTP now think that there was a mineral in it because there are so many physics problems with just plain water/ice for such a canopy, and because there are traces of this mineral all over the surface of the earth. It's in the resource list, but I don't recall the name. It affected color, oxygen and UV.

This is correct. Many creationists subscribe to the canopy/firmament prior to the flood which was destroyed when the fountains of the great deep were broken up. This canopy had many beneficial effects like increased hyperbaric pressure, filtration of free radicals UV light etc. This is most likely why the ages of people dropped significantly after the flood.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also understand that many of You can easy see that I fall into The trap of simplifying and maybe even demonstrate my school-English, wich is absolutely not my first language.

Keeping it simple is the best plan. Here are some excerpts from the hydroplate theory.

way 2 go

My understanding of the time from creation in Genesis to the Flood is that the earth was surrounded by water, maybe where the ozone layer is now. The way the Flood is explained to me is that this fell down and was the main cause of the flood, following by the 40 days of rain. I have always understood that the rainbow appeared the fist time the sun hit the raindrops falling. The other day I saw a waterfall where there are rainbow in the "mist" every day the sun shines. Noah was told by God to build the Arch at a hill or mountain. Anyone who have a theory to why the waterfalls in the days of Noah did't show a rainbow?
no rain before the flood no rainbows

as for where did all the water come from ...

Hydroplate Theory Overview Part 1 youtube link

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

water under the crust of the earth water on the crust of the earth