racist shooting in SC: shows people need guns

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The person who had "a gun handy" was the shooter. It makes no common sense to allow more people to buy and carry guns beyond a reasonable situation.

I know many conservatives discount or ignore academic and scientific studies, but the reasearch shows us that arming more people leads to more killing and accidental death--and it's the armed folks who are the most in danger.
You're an idiot.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Really? So the five armed men that shot at the house three doors down from me last month weren't more of a threat than had they been unarmed?
They would have been less of a threat had the innocent law-abiding citizens at whom they were shooting had been armed.:dunce::duh:

Sitamun

They would have been less of a threat had the innocent law-abiding citizens at whom they were shooting had been armed.:dunce::duh:

Who said the people they were shooting at were unarmed? What about the children that were playing outside. Should they be armed too? How old is old enough? Should we be letting 5 year olds get concealed carry licenses? More guns is not the answer.

republicanchick

Really? So the five armed men that shot at the house three doors down from me last month weren't more of a threat than had they been unarmed?

i bet if one of them had come after YOU

you would want a gun

unless u believe in letting thugs kill u if they so desire?

well, ok

But not all of us want to die so that thugs can live
___

Sitamun

i bet if one of them had come after YOU

you would want a gun

unless u believe in letting thugs kill u if they so desire?

well, ok

But not all of us want to die so that thugs can live
___
The shooters were 20 feet away from me. They could easily have killed me or numerous others. I still don't want a gun. Being armed doesn't equal safety. The owner of the house owned a gun, guess what? They guys just kept coming back, coming back until the cops caught them. Letting the police do their job helped the situation. Owning a firearm did not. In fact, it just made it worse.

republicanchick

The shooters were 20 feet away from me. They could easily have killed me or numerous others. I still don't want a gun. Being armed doesn't equal safety. The owner of the house owned a gun, guess what? They guys just kept coming back, coming back until the cops caught them. Letting the police do their job helped the situation. Owning a firearm did not. In fact, it just made it worse.

yeh, and this is the only harmful situation you will ever be in.. your or anyone else

got it

++

Sitamun

yeh, and this is the only harmful situation you will ever be in.. your or anyone else

got it

++

That's all you have to say? I was describing ONE incident that I actually experienced. You made a claim, I showed you that you were wrong. I have never claimed that there aren't responsible gun owners. I have in fact stated several times that my father is a gun owner and a collector. I grew up with guns. The sad fact is that I have seen first hand many times that the mere presence of a firearm seems to only escalate a situation.

republicanchick

That's all you have to say? I was describing ONE incident that I actually experienced. You made a claim, I showed you that you were wrong. I have never claimed that there aren't responsible gun owners. I have in fact stated several times that my father is a gun owner and a collector. I grew up with guns. The sad fact is that I have seen first hand many times that the mere presence of a firearm seems to only escalate a situation.

you are far from proving me wrong

and you are avoiding the truth, which is that

criminals do NOT attack when they know someone has a gun

+++
h

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You're an idiot.
It isn't too effective to label or name-call others like some adolescent might do. It is not skillful, adult communication.

It might have been better if you were to try and be accountable for your own emotions instead of projecting them onto another person.

"I don't understand when you say_______."
"I can't believe you because______."
"What you're saying doesn't make sense to me because______."

The point is, you have a wide variety of responses that maintain your own dignity as well as that of others.

TRY AND BE KIND