Racism in Jury Selection - Supreme Court Case

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Just a routine police action for a dastardly crime. Completely proportionate and sensible:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._and_handcuff_unarmed_men_for_jaywalking.html

Fascinating. I think there are quite a few police officers that will engage in this kind of behavior for any disrespect. It comes back to police training. They really need to be taught de-escalation since their usual behavior entraps plenty of people that have done very minor things.

and like most of these, we see an edited version of the encounter, usually starting with the response of the police

not showing the actions of those arrested that prompted the response

Police officers shoot 6 year old Maybe since it's a white kid and the officers are black, people in this thread will see that police violence is a problem.

this case appears disturbing - it would be nice to know why the guy was pursued and why the officers felt they needed to fire into the car

if you'll notice, they've been arrested and charged

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
and like most of these, we see an edited version of the encounter, usually starting with the response of the police

this case appears disturbing - it would be nice to know why the guy was pursued and why the officers felt they needed to fire into the car

Cops are not the nice and ethical people the media would lead us all to believe. I would rather trust an atheist.

ok doser

Cops are not the nice and ethical people the media would lead us all to believe. I would rather trust an atheist.

like all humans. they're a mixed bag

my encounters with them have been helpful and polite, because i was taught to be polite to authority figures

ok doser

my parents, my teachers, my scout leaders, adults in my church

iow, authority figures in my youth that i respected

Alate_One

No, we don't but do police really need to arrest someone for giving "lip"?

This time, since they killed a 6 year old, it's pretty obvious what they did was wrong.

I'm surprised not to hear any victim blaming from you. "If you run from the police you should expect to be shot." No?

ok doser

No, we don't but do police really need to arrest someone for giving "lip"?

that's one side of the story

This time, since they killed a 6 year old, it's pretty obvious what they did was wrong.

I'm surprised not to hear any victim blaming from you. "If you run from the police you should expect to be shot." No?

as i said, i'd like to know more

was he running because he'd murdered the child's mother?

did the cops know the child was in the car?