Questions For Christian Women

heir

TOL Subscriber
The audience changed the next week.

They turned to about 30,000 Gentiles.
We see what kind of Gentiles they were and they werwe NOT aliens, but "them that feareth God (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV). They were in the synagogue of the Jews (Acts 13:42 KJV)! Alien Gentiles were not found in the synagogue, fearing God or coming around the synagogue on the "next sabbath day" as the "multitudes" (Acts 13:45 KJV).

Acts 33 hunh? :kookoo:
It was my intent to cite Acts 22:17-21 KJV not "33:17:21 KJV" as I mistakingly posted. I'll edit my post. Thanks for understanding a simple typo instead of being a jerk and calling me :kookoo:. Oh, wait :rolleyes:

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
We see what kind of Gentiles they were and they werwe NOT aliens, but "them that feareth God (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV). They were in the synagogue of the Jews (Acts 13:42 KJV)! Alien Gentiles were not found in the synagogue, fearing God or coming around the synagogue on the "next sabbath day" as the "multitudes" (Acts 13:45 KJV).

Yes, Paul went to the synagogue first.

The next week almost the whole town came together.

This was a city of mostly Gentiles with Greek and Roman temples to boot.

These were not all God fearing folks.

So here is where you should really stop and think a little.

Now add to these facts Ephesus also had Jews and a synagogue.

As your whole post was confusing (sorry about koo-koo) in the way it was laid out, I'm assuming you are saying the Ephesians were these so called "alien" Gentiles.

It was my intent to cite Acts 22:17-21 KJV not "33:17:21 KJV" as I mistakingly posted. I'll edit my post. Thanks for understanding a simple typo instead of being a jerk and calling me :kookoo:. Oh, wait :rolleyes:

Yes, I can be a jerk, maybe it's not ok with yuh on account I'm not the fine lookin' chick magnet yall's local one is.:crackup:

So let's look at what Paul said.

He said Lord they all know I used to persecute the Christians.

So what he is implying is that they would see a change in him and it would help his reaching them.

Now if this temple visit was some 30 or 40 years later, didn't you say 4th voyage, what would be the impact of his change?

It would make more sense then that the temple visit he told the jews about was when he was there for 15 days and seen Peter and James, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I can be a jerk, maybe it's not ok with yuh on account I'm not the fine lookin' chick magnet yall's local one is.:crackup:

So let's look at what Paul said.

He said Lord they all know I used to persecute the Christians.

So what he is implying is that they would see a change in him and it would help his reaching them.

Now if this temple visit was some 30 or 40 years later, didn't you say 4th voyage, what would be the impact of his change?

Now it would make more sense that the temple visit he is telling Agrippa about was when he was there for 15 days and seen Peter and James, wouldn't it?
I thought Paul's ministry was approximately 17 or 20 years

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Would depend on when Jesus died.

Paul coulda started as early as 35 Ad and preached to 70 AD.

35 years.

30 to 40 years give or take.

Point is, Paul went back to Jerusalem about 4 years after wreaking havoc on the church.

That's when it would have still been fresh in peoples minds.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

So you were thinkin' that Paul's ministry started after he got the okay from headquarters at Jerusalem to go to the Gentiles?

14 years after Jesus told him to book it out of Jerusalem, cause he was sending him far hence to the Gentiles?

14 + 17 would make 31.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Going into Rome preaching Christianity, in opposition to Roman paganism, was like going into bear country with a wagon of flounder.

In other words,
Paul wasn't rolling up in these places with an amplifier and a choir troupe :rolleyes:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Going into Rome preaching Christianity, in opposition to Roman paganism, was like going into bear country with a wagon of flounder.

In other words,
Paul wasn't rolling up in these places with an amplifier and a choir troupe :rolleyes:

True.

And....

He was however rolling up in there reaching those who were ordained to believe. :)

Just like the Gentiles at Antioch Pisidian.

Acts 13:48
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Last edited: