ECT Qs for Christians

Qs for Christians

• No, He has not yet finished dealing with my sin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He has not yet justified me before God.

• His work is finished but not sufficient. My work completes, earns or maintains His work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Christ's work for your sin and justification finished? If not, what does He still need to do to deal with your sin and to justify you?

If His work is finished, is it all-sufficient? That is, by itself, has it saved you on His merits alone? Or is there something alongside His finished work (beyond faith) which you must do to be saved?

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

LA

Danoh

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

LA

Nice try, but no cigar...saved from?

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Hah, you know what that means in your view right - liar, liar, pants on fire, lol

You better get in the Son.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The works prepared were what he did. We walk in them the same as walking in the Spirit. It is how we are identified.
The newness of life that we walk in is His (Galatians 2:20 KJV).

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Christ's work for your sin and justification finished? If not, what does He still need to do to deal with your sin and to justify you?

When Jesus Christ was crucified and later rose from the dead, His job was finished.

Now people of faith have their job to do: Walk the walk, NOT talk the talk.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
When Jesus Christ was crucified and later rose from the dead, His job was finished.

Now people of faith have their job to do: Walk the walk, NOT talk the talk

If not, what happens to them, in your understanding?

If you're one of those many so-called 'Christians' out there who think that Christianity can be anything that you want it to be, you'll find out what "happens to them" in due time.

God wants His followers to be obedient to His Word; if you call yourself a 'Christian' yet have no desire to do so, perhaps you should find another religion that will better meet your moral relativist needs.

Danoh

Quote:

If you're one of those many so-called 'Christians' out there who think that Christianity can be anything that you want it to be, you'll find out what "happens to them" in due time.

God wants His followers to be obedient to His Word; if you call yourself a 'Christian' yet have no desire to do so, perhaps you should find another religion that will better meet your moral relativist needs.

Lol, well I did ask.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol, well I did ask.

And before heir shows up with a dozen or more memorized verses from Holy Scripture saying that I'm wrong (after all, she who has memorized the most verses sits closest to God) what are you thoughts on what I said?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quote:

James 2:10 KJV -

Danoh

And before heir shows up with a dozen or more memorized verses from Holy Scripture saying that I'm wrong (after all, she who has memorized the most verses sits closest to God) what are you thoughts on what I said?

Lol, watch it; the mean little hallway moniter has cronies covering all the exits.

A question; what exactly is wrong with quoting the relevant passages?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

Lol, watch it; the mean little hallway moniter has cronies covering all the exits.

Do you think I'd be given some slack from heir if I stated that her church is better than mine, yours and any other church on the planet?

A question; what exactly is wrong with quoting the relevant passages?

Nothing, as long as those passages and verses aren't taken out of context to promote someone's agenda (little patrick jane is a prime example).

It's done all too often here on TOL. I prefer to have a discussion that is verse/passage free in order to understand where that person is really coming from.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Quote:

Do you really buy into the idea that you sound like a loving Christian
kind of guy? If ya do, I'll sell you a spaceship from Mars I found in my
back yard. Give you a real good deal.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh yeah, where am I coming from?

Debate me and find out.

You have a problem with Scripture do ya?

No, only people who take it out of context to use for their own personal agenda.

Do you really buy into the idea that you sound like a loving Christian
kind of guy? If ya do, I'll sell you a spaceship from Mars I found in my
back yard. Give you a real good deal.

I remember you Grosnick, you're the guy who incessantly ranted about the recriminalization of homosexuality, calling it's author a hater (one would think that Grosnick would be concerned about all of the child molesters that the author of the thread talked about instead). While I'm not one to excessively uses verses and passages, this one's for you little guy:

Leviticus 18:22