Q and POTUS Are in Very Close Proximity to Each Other

3 Mar 2019 - 7:18:49 PM
[7] seconds?
We are getting closer to 0:00:00.
How is that possible?
Close proximity?
Q

Arthur Brain

And losing, despite the glorious Battle of Britain. You still needed us, and we came through for you.

Oh, Britain sure wouldn't have won WWII by itself but neither would America. It was the combined allied forces of several nations so knock it off with the "we came through for you" as if you were personally part of the conflict. America played a huge part after joining and nobody disputes that but without the allied forces in total you'd have been subjugated as much as anywhere else.

Or you could just put me on Ignore, as you've long claimed to do.

My prerogative to do as and when I wish. For sure, carry on talking about Australian lagers that I sure don't drink if you want but I fail to see any point in it...

Yes, at least once he threatened to.

But if he did that, he couldn't get attention and disrupt discussions he has little if any stake in (this one originally didn't until it took a turn for WW2).

I already had made a comment in this thread regarding the OP, that seems to be little more than Jefferson posting a load of stuff from some unhinged guy by the name of "Q". There wasn't a "discussion" to disrupt to begin with...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... (america would) have been subjugated as much as anywhere else (by the victorious nazis)

explain how that would have happened?

assume a fallen britain with a low level of underground resistance

assume a non-threat to the east - either treaties with or victory over Russia

explain how germany (and italy - but not japan) would have "subjugated" america

britain was our toehold/staging area for the invasion into europe - what would germany have used for a toehold/staging area for an invasion into america?

remember, we'd already militarized to fight the japs

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
explain how that would have happened?

assume a fallen britain with a low level of underground resistance

assume a non-threat to the east - either treaties with or victory over Russia

explain how germany (and italy - but not japan) would have "subjugated" america

britain was our toehold/staging area for the invasion into europe - what would germany have used for a toehold/staging area for an invasion into america?

remember, we'd already militarized to fight the japs
Hitler: Let's invade Georgia! :idea:

US: :nuke:

Hitler: Not. that. Georgia. :eek:

musterion

You'd have been subjugated as much as anywhere else.

No.

An entire ocean to cross in force, a vast landmass to take, held by armed and relatively independent thinkers of an awakening industrial colossus

vs

a not huge island protected by a 30 mile channel and a handful of damn good pilots.

Geography is hard, I know.

Arthur Brain

No.

An entire ocean to cross in force, a vast landmass to take, held by armed and relatively independent thinkers of an awakening industrial colossus

vs

a not huge island protected by a 30 mile channel and a handful of damn good pilots.

Geography is hard, I know.

You seem to be under the delusion that America on it's own could thwart the Nazi threat, never mind Japan. Roosevelt was under no such illusions as to how a Nazi domination of Europe would be disastrous for the US, hence this being the allied forces winning WWII which included Russia and the hugely significant damage inflicted to the German army on the Eastern front. Montgomery's victory at El Almein was mightily significant also as was the enigma decoding device. America played a huge role in winning WWII, that much is undeniable. So did many other nations and if Europe had been conquered by Germany then the Nazi machine would have inexorably rumbled on and by itself the USA wouldn't have been able to stop it.

Arthur Brain

Spirits! Are we really sitting around arguing who has the biggest male appendages in their pants in WW II? :rolleyes:

Well, Musty seems to be given his "response". The truth is, there were millions of brave people from all over the world who fought against the Nazis, even including Germans.

ok doser

You seem to be under the delusion that America on it's own could thwart the Nazi threat, never mind Japan. Roosevelt was under no such illusions as to how a Nazi domination of Europe would be disastrous for the US, hence this being the allied forces winning WWII which included Russia and the hugely significant damage inflicted to the German army on the Eastern front. Montgomery's victory at El Almein was mightily significant also as was the enigma decoding device. America played a huge role in winning WWII, that much is undeniable. So did many other nations and if Europe had been conquered by Germany then the Nazi machine would have inexorably rumbled on and by itself the USA wouldn't have been able to stop it.

none of that is a response to what musty posted :doh:

Arthur Brain

It rarely ever is.

It was a direct response to you with reasons outlined. It may have taken more time to dominate America but if Europe had been subjugated then it would only have been a matter of time. The US on it's own wouldn't have been able to neutralize the Nazi machine.

ok doser

It rarely ever is.

the last few times i engaged with artie, i trimmed out all the crap and focused on the argument - didn't leave much to his responses, as they are usually mostly emotional crap

but the post above?

there's nothing there at all with regard to his retarded claim that the US would have been "subjugated"

ok doser

was thinking about this last night - a german toehold would have been possible through mexico

ok doser

It was a direct response to you with reasons outlined. It may have taken more time to dominate America but if Europe had been subjugated then it would only have been a matter of time.

ok, explain how that would have happened

The US on it's own wouldn't have been able to neutralize the Nazi machine.

on our shores?

on our home ground?

of course we would have

we had the manpower, we had the industrial capacity

and the attack itself would have given us the will

musterion

was thinking about this last night - a german toehold would have been possible through mexico

And would have been stopped cold. But crossing the Channel is one thing. The German Navy didn't have the amphibious landing ability to cross the Atlantic with a force of several thousand soldiers and beach itself in Mexico, the minimum required to make the effort worthwhile. I'm not sure Germany had anything like amphibs at all.

ok doser

TRUTH! And it would have been a hell of a lot nastier for the US if Britain had fallen.

the russian people bore the worst brunt, mainly due not to the ferocity of the nazi war machine but the ineptitude of the soviet leaders

ww2 without hitlers moronic attack on russia would have had a very different ending

ok doser

And would have been stopped cold. But crossing the Channel is one thing. The German Navy didn't have the amphibious landing ability to cross the Atlantic with a force of several thousand soldiers and beach itself in Mexico, the minimum required to make the effort worthwhile. I'm not sure Germany had anything like amphibs at all.

i was presuming a german-friendly mexico which welcomed the germans to their shores, allowed them to build forces and prepare for a northward invasion

in that case we would have been forced to declare war on mexico and invade to the south

the germans would have wanted to form a pincer - where would they have established a toehold in the north?

Newfoundland? not likely - too far from our shores

atlantic canada? possible, and the only possibility i can imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.